Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i literally LOVE ppl like you.

besides the fact that my oppinion isnt that far away from your points (i am also not happy what company blizz became), it produces a big smile on my face, when ppl say:

„Thank god I pay my sub with gold because I wouldn't pay a monthly fee to be insulted like this.“

This shows so hard, you have no real glue how genius their greed is, and at the same time you said above stuff, you massivelly support them with buying game time with tokens, and give blizz the money and the reason to become EXACTLY what you hate above.

why? because you obviously do not realize, that every token that passes the AH, give blizzard 7-8 euros for free, by doing nothing. because the token you buy with ingame gold, MUST be earned by some other guy via 20 euros real money. so you do not pay them 13 euros sub, while another guy payed them 20 extra bugs. boing, they earned 7-8 bugs. so you massively support blizz to get 7-8 euros just for doing nothing. its completely free money for blizz. great, isnt it ?

you feed what you hate and support them to becoming the monster you hate, by „boycotting“ that monster great job!

and for me, great laugh. nice.
    But its some other idiot's money, so who cares. If some clown who actually enjoys the game for some reason wants to piss 20 away on a token, by all means do it, I'll just give him 100k and play for free.

OMG a few systems need a little work and I acknowledge that, but I'm a white knight if I am enjoying the game despite the flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Man I can't wait to see Vanilla flop. Gonna get popcorn for that xD
    Classic's going to flop so hard, that time period of the game was absolute fucking trash - and anyone thinking it's going to be great with all of the old systems in place is about to get absolutely SHIT ON (I also cannot wait to see all of the tears myself honestly, this thread just makes it more delicious)

On Topic - So like, obviously the thread is a trainwreck, it's in the gdamn title right? But uhhhh, what was the point of the thread? Was it that Blizz is making hand over fist money and someones crying a river that they dislike the game? Is it that someone now sucks at the game so they have to come in and cry that Mum won't continue paying your sub because you're almost 30? I mean what the hell was the point OP

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Classic's going to flop so hard, that time period of the game was absolute fucking trash - and anyone thinking it's going to be great with all of the old systems in place is about to get absolutely SHIT ON (I also cannot wait to see all of the tears myself honestly, this thread just makes it more delicious)

On Topic - So like, obviously the thread is a trainwreck, it's in the gdamn title right? But uhhhh, what was the point of the thread? Was it that Blizz is making hand over fist money and someones crying a river that they dislike the game? Is it that someone now sucks at the game so they have to come in and cry that Mum won't continue paying your sub because you're almost 30? I mean what the hell was the point OP
    I think it was fairly obvious of the OP that he was reaching out to limited thinking, like minded people, to whip into a frenzy. Then sit back with some satisfaction as he watches you all idiotically bash each other in a thread that doesn't resemble a conversation in the least, as if somehow, he wasn't a part of the clown show from the start.

But that's just my guess. Take it as you will.

BTW, Vanilla was a wonderful period of the game. It was revolutionary, it was very enjoyable, and people that say it was shit are just about 'head up ass' as those that think it was the best thing ever because of nostalgia. That said, different time, different market and I would agree that I have very little faith classic will survive long. Specially since the majority of gamers today seem to be of the facebook gaming mentality and will be largely turned off by how much of a grind Classic was.
    Last edited by Cel; 2018-10-02 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think laziness is the wrong word. Arrogant. Greedy. Oblivious, maybe.
    I think it's just that the game has declined to the point that it isn't worth investing more than they did. And there's no movie coming to produce a flood of imaginary new customers to justify investment now.

Expect future expansions to be even worse. It's simply not worth their while to spend the money needed to make them better.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2018-10-02 at 03:59 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think it's just that the game has declined to the point that it isn't worth investing more than they did. And there's no movie coming to produce a flood of imaginary new customers to justify investment now.

Expect future expansions to be even worse. It's imply not worth their while to spend the money needed to make them better.
    I would say that the lack of innovation and the merciless stretching and milking of MAUs is as much to blame for that than anything else.

Gaming fatigue is a factor, of course, but that effect is multiplied by creating a game environment and design which is more focused on exploiting players for MAUs instead of player agency. Blizzard is so god damned concerned with controlling every aspect of how players interact with the content that it's lost all sense of adventure and wonder. Tje game is too formulaic. Too rigid. And that causes fatigue to set in more quickly.

Blizzard maybe needs to rethink their approach to how content is consumed. If the game is no longer worth investing in, it's because they made it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Blizz did it to themselves. The universe has a funny way of self-correcting even when they try to hide their schemes. Equilibrium will always be reached. Now it’s time to pay the piper.
    This is actually not true.
    The 1962 mice experiment, when they internally put well fed mice to a point of over population. The female mice showed agressive behavior, the male mice became beta and uninterested in sex. There is no equilibrium, their population just crash afterward.

Blizz did it to themselves. The universe has a funny way of self-correcting even when they try to hide their schemes. Equilibrium will always be reached. Now it’s time to pay the piper.
    Weird thing, that interests me the most - Blizzard have made all mistakes, they already made sometimes in the past. What does it mean? Does it mean, they have team C now, that is completely incompetent and starts to learn things from scratch? Overnerfed class mechanics - Cata 2.0. Weird story - MOP 2.0. Lack of proper content - WOD 2.0. Exceeding RNG/grind/time-gating - Legion 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say that the lack of innovation and the merciless stretching and milking of MAUs is as much to blame for that than anything else.

Gaming fatigue is a factor, of course, but that effect is multiplied by creating a game environment and design which is more focused on exploiting players for MAUs instead of player agency. Blizzard is so god damned concerned with controlling every aspect of how players interact with the content that it's lost all sense of adventure and wonder. Tje game is too formulaic. Too rigid. And that causes fatigue to set in more quickly.

Blizzard maybe needs to rethink their approach to how content is consumed. If the game is no longer worth investing in, it's because they made it that way.
    That's, what happens, when you start to lose subs due to being stubborn. You start to "optimize" things, trying to squeeze out everything you can from content you have, instead of making things just for fun and allowing players to play the way, they prefer. All changes, that were recently implemented in Wow, such as CRZ, sharding, scaling, etc. - are things from cheap F2P games, that are needed there in order to decrease maintenance costs and make game development cheaper. Such features are required there due to obvious reason - game needs to survive somehow. But... Don't we pay sub in Wow exactly because we want to have high quality of game - not some F2P cheap BS? People, who were constantly telling us, that loss of so called "bad" (casual) players is nothing, cuz this game would survive even with 1M of subs without any loss of quality, but it would be perfect game for elite only then - were actually wrong. And currently game starts to enter dead loop. Lesser quality of content -> lesser amount of players play it -> devs try to "optimize" their game even more -> even worse quality of content. They should really break this dead loop and return to design, that is proven to be successful, while they still haven't reached point of no return... Of course, if they haven't already reached it.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-10-02 at 04:03 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Yawn (10 characters or whatever)

If you raid or play super casually (one emissary/dungeon a day) than this expansion is great.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This expansion sucks for casuals, man.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    . They should really break this dead loop and return to design, that is proven to be successful, while they still haven't reached point of no return... Of course, if they haven't already reached it.
    We'll see what happens in 8.1 and 8.2. From what I've seen out of the dev interviews and posts, I suspect that Ion and crew will stubbornly try to stick things out and force the current design with minimal changes. They did the same thing in WoD and Legion.

And I fully expect Ion to go on about how much they're learning, blah blah blah.

You're acting like this is the worse they've ever done... Seriously, it's been far worse before. They'll be fine.

Deleted
    Or not.

Chaos and the Explanatory Significance of Equilibrium: Strange Attractors in Evolutionary
    Game Dynamics

We'll see what happens in 8.1 and 8.2. From what I've seen out of the dev interviews and posts, I suspect that Ion and crew will stubbornly try to stick things out and force the current design with minimal changes. They did the same thing in WoD and Legion.

And I fully expect Ion to go on about how much they're learning, blah blah blah.
    I also don't have any hopes, as it's not just WOD and Legion - they have been doing it since Cata. Class mechanics required IMMEDIATE buffs or dungeons IMMEDIATE nerfs back Cata - only 4.3 fixed this situation. Rep grinds required IMMEDIATE nerfs back in MOP - problem was fixed by the end of xpack only. I don't know, why it happens. My guesses are: 1) It's "How much players we would lose due to this change?" experiment. 2) They try to bring some category of new players to the game and make real changes only after all this players get bored and quit, otherwise this new players would stick to this game not for long enough to get addicted to it and keep playing it even after changes will be made. It's actually good thing from business point of view, but very dirty move, as old players feel betrayed every time this happens.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted

As long the WDM model delivers €$£ all IS fine. Move along. Nothing to see. They can deliver subpar services (the game) and communication (Ion, Josh) but their marketing, customer behaviour analysis and PR deliver world class performance. No doubt about it. It just works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    I play the game around 10-12 hours a week and really couldnt give less fucks about 95 percent of stuff people whine about. If you dont like it go play something else. Bfa is way more fun expansion then legion for me personaly
    People that play that few to do WQs, random heroic dungeons, warfronts and pet battles are not allowed to talk about the state of the game, pal.
    You don't know shit. If the majority of players ( which you're not, you're a casual, which is way different ) says so, it means that the game is in a bad shape.
    Please, you don't know the game in depth, you just scratch the surface, that's why YOU think it's fun.
    So don't answer to a post when you're not allowed. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post

That's stats from a WoW private server, now imagine an actual legit server from Blizzard

Can't wait to see ignorant people like you cry cause you have no one to do any content with cause they ether left the game entirely cause it sucks so bad now or left for classic.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/4/11/11...rs-final-hours

More proof no one played /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    But its some other idiot's money, so who cares. If some clown who actually enjoys the game for some reason wants to piss 20 away on a token, by all means do it, I'll just give him 100k and play for free.
    oh well, that mentality is all fine from your perspective. but then you shouldnt complain about asshole blizzard, because exactly this mentality made blizz to that asshole company, because they get money for free. and buyers like you make that possible.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-10-03 at 11:13 AM.

Seriously, what was anyone thinking this expansion was going to be? WoW is long past its prime boys and girls. Development is a low priority, back burner, thing for Blizzard. It it were free I would probably poke around in it from time to time when I'm bored; but playing it a on serious level is way past. Which really should be for most. There hasn't been anything great in WoW for a very long time now (as in, a decade). I'm not sure what people are expecting, considering.