Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    With multiple witnesses unable to contact the FBI about Kavanaugh,including Avenatti himself, you have to ask if the FBI are even bothering.

"Oh, so they're conspiring with Trump?"

No, I think they know for a fact the party in power will ignore whatever they find and vote Kavanaugh in regardless. Seriously, would you fill out those TPS reports if you know your boss would never read them and shred them immediately? They're phoning it in and everyone knows it.
    Right that's really how it feels.

They was given a week, limited on what they could do and no matter what they find Trump/GOP was going to ignore it anyway.

Quite a boring Mid 3rd Season final for Trump & GOP, Can't wait to see the first Episode of the second half of this season after November.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    With multiple witnesses unable to contact the FBI about Kavanaugh,including Avenatti himself, you have to ask if the FBI are even bothering.

No, I think they know for a fact the party in power will ignore whatever they find and vote Kavanaugh in regardless. Seriously, would you fill out those TPS reports if you know your boss would never read them and shred them immediately? They're phoning it in and everyone knows it.
    Yep, just a GOP circus to try and save as much face as possible, while doing as little as possible, in the inevitable nomination. Can what Flake is doing be considered sealioning? Since he will vote him in regardless, but doing his best to act concerned.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Right that's really how it feels.

They was given a week, limited on what they could do and no matter what they find Trump/GOP was going to ignore it anyway.

Quite a boring Mid 3rd Season final for Trump & GOP, Can't wait to see the first Episode of the second half of this season after November.
    If I were the FBI and knew I was getting played. I would have done it proper and then leaked it so the whole stuff got out there and then watch Trump dare to say anything about it as that would require him to admit he gave them heavily limited scope to prevent them from doing their jobs and then lied about it when their actual results came back with major bombshells.

They are supposed to be neutral but they are being played into being partisan which should piss them off. Especially as the rules of this investigation directly attacks their own credibility as an institution to both be impartial and to do any quality investigations. Especially if more of this shit leaks out from other sources that they refuse to look into.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I'm just going by what McConnell is saying, he doesn't want the report to go public.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0876eda992325
    Well, that is a good point. I suppose he is referring to the actual report in writing? You know the results of the report, ether favorable or unfavorable to Kavanaugh will be. And I would think the report will be released to the Senators who are on the committee as a min. I could be wrong however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well, that is a good point. I suppose he is referring to the actual report in writing? You know the results of the report, ether favorable or unfavorable to Kavanaugh will be. And I would think the report will be released to the Senators who are on the committee as a min. I could be wrong however.
    So, you are changing your tune.. now that you have learned the GOP stance... no surprise there.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s just plain not true. You used an anonymous letter, not sent to the FBI, but GOP member of a committee. If the report is not released, there is nothing to prevent this sort of disinformation. You’ll just have more anonymous boyfriends GOP will find and we won’t have any information that FBI actually found.

It just breeds more conspiracy theory, which by no coincidence is also Trump’s voting base.

Edit: I just want to highlight again... Nunes releasing a meaningless memo that had to be rewritten because he kept trying to release info that would expose US spies. If GOP doesn’t release this, while folks are reminded that Nunes was willing to risk national security to defend Trump with his memo, some people might actually realize how much anything... America, the people, economy... actually maters to GOP.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-10-03 at 01:21 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If the FBI probe finds that he is guilty of sexual assault 30+ years ago, he will have lied under oath during the hearing. Hence the perjury.
    Not going to happen...but who am I to pop your little bubble of wishful thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

The report will be released to all Senators.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Yup the FBI is ignoring or not allowed to talk to Avenatti's client, which by the way a second person came forward as a witness to Swetnik's claims.

This new person says they saw Kavanaugh and others spiking drinks with grain alcohol and Quaalude, essentially pulling a Bill Cosby.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...47758993547265

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going by what McConnell is saying, he doesn't want the report to go public.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0876eda992325
    The results will undoubtedly be leaked....as well as anything specific that was discovered that supports a particular political agenda...either liberal or conservative.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The results will undoubtedly be leaked....as well as anything specific that was discovered that supports a particular political agenda...either liberal or conservative.
    Why not the whole report? It's a shame Trump's administration can't be more transparent.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup the FBI is ignoring or not allowed to talk to Avenatti's client, which by the way a second person came forward as a witness to Swetnik's claims.

This new person says they saw Kavanaugh and others spiking drinks with grain alcohol and Quaalude, essentially pulling a Bill Cosby.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/...47758993547265
    And the one witness just before this new one, is denying Ford's one claim she made under oath. Without actual proof on something which happened over 35 years ago, one needs to accept a many years ago claim, the details can be fuzzy. While not the case in Maryland, is why many states have statue of limitations on a lot of criminal acts.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Too bad Republicans won't care.

Loud Obnoxious Drunks with Prolific Pukers.
    @Breccia Okay, now I believe you about the FFFFF being another lie kavanaugh told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

And the one witness just before this new one, is denying Ford's one claim she made under oath. Without actual proof on something which happened over 35 years ago, one needs to accept a many years ago claim, the details can be fuzzy. While not the case in Maryland, is why many states have statue of limitations on a lot of criminal acts.
    That's why all this needs to be investigated not only to see if Kavanaugh is guilty, but also to see if he's innocent and perhaps even charge some of his accusers with perjury and false claims if it turns out that's what some of them did. Unfortunately some people are being completely left out of the investigation, like Swetnick, so I doubt we're ever going to truly know whether Kavanaugh is guilty or innocent which is just going to leave a cloud of doubt over this whole thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    With recent lies coming to light regarding her stated fear of flying and not being coached for her polygraph test, it's Ford's credibility that needs to be investigated imo.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2018-10-03 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    With recent lies coming to light regarding her stated fear of flying and not being coached for her polygraph test, it's Ford's credibility needs to be investigated imo.
    There's large gaps in between when Ford and this person in the letter had contact, her fear of flying could have come up between those times and wasn't an issue when they were dating. You're right though, she should be further interviewed, but so far it looks like that has not happened and it might not happen at all given how little time is left in this investigation and it might have already ended for all we know.

Just to be clear, you believe her ex-boyfriend, but not kavanaugh's classmates/friends and kavanaugh himself (we now have both his speech to yale and his letter to friends) when they contradict his testimony? Just wanna know where your level of hypocrisy stands. I might mention that your source is an ex-boyfriend, who I can't imagine could possibly have an axe to grind (Despite trying to maintain a long distance relationship, I ended the relationship once I discovered that Dr. Ford was unfaithful while living in Hawaii).

Also, apparently attempted rape was only a misdemeanor in maryland in 1982, so the SoL has expired (I was foolishly naive when I believed it would have been a felony back then).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Additionally, they already have the right to marry. They just have to pick someone of the opposite sex like everyone else does
    That has got to be the biggest horseshit argument against gay marriage and yet I keep hearing it from the mouths of morons. "Gee, they can get married to people of the other sex, just not those who they're in love with, how is that not fair?" Dee de dee.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That has got to be the biggest horseshit argument against gay marriage and yet I keep hearing it from the mouths of morons. "Gee, they can get married to people of the other sex, just not those who they're in love with, how is that not fair?" Dee de dee.
    It's also a bullshit argument. Sex cannot be discriminated against. You cannot make a law that says, "Only people of gender N(variable) are allowed to do activity Z(variable)." These types of laws are unconstitutional. It doesn't matter what activity Z is, including, "marrying a woman."

Deleted
    What I find hilarious about all of this is that in any other case this would be properly investigated, but somehow when conducting job interviews for a Supreme Court applicant (or President for that matter) the investigation needs to be rushed, the outcome kept hidden, witnesses offering to testify are being stonewalled, etc.

So when electing someone to the highest position in the American judicial system a mockery is made of the entire legal process.

I really think that's hilarious and shows how completely rotten America is. The thirst for power and vengeance trumps everything and people in power will stop at nothing to cement their power and rule over others for decades to come.

When Kavanaugh is sworn in the United States will be declared morally and ethically bankrupt. A banana republic across the ocean. All 3 branches of government tainted beyond repair.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2018-10-03 at 03:39 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So I've been reading into this a bit more. It looks like attempted rape was a misdemeanor in maryland in 1982, so the SoL has run out. I never thought it wouldn't be a felony.
    Interesting, and nice find. I hate to say it, but I didn't think to see what the accusation was classified as in '82. So there is no criminal recourse for the victims it seems.