Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

One-way Classic --> Retail Linking?

Something I was thinking about the other day. What would you think if it was announced that certain activities performed on classic would translate to your retail account? For instance:

• Any mount you obtain in classic is added to your retail mount journal, including now unobtainable mounts such as the Zul'gurub tiger.
    • Any item appearances found in classic are added to your retail transmog tab. Including things such as Benediction, Rok'delar, and some of the classic Naxx weapons/armor.

Note that any mounts, titles, and transmogs that you have in retail now, and that existed in classic would not be usable in classic; you would have to re-earn/buy them to use them there (except transmog because that wasn't in classic at all to begin with). But anything "unlocked" in classic would also be unlocked in retail, essentially a one-way linking.

How would you feel if they also added special new content, like titles or achievements for your retail account by doing things in classic?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer it if Classic basically functions as if Retail/Current doesn't even exist. They don't need to be linked, or trigger achievements, or anything else IMO.

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many people try to make this simple thing into such a complex headache. Just give old WoW to the people who want old WoW, and leave it at that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post
    Something I was thinking about the other day. What would you think if it was announced that certain activities performed on classic would translate to your retail account? For instance:

• Any mount you obtain in classic is added to your retail mount journal, including now unobtainable mounts such as the Zul'gurub tiger.
    • Any item appearances found in classic are added to your retail transmog tab. Including things such as Benediction, Rok'delar, and some of the classic Naxx weapons/armor.

Note that any mounts, titles, and transmogs that you have in retail now, and that existed in classic would not be usable in classic; you would have to re-earn/buy them to use them there (except transmog because that wasn't in classic at all to begin with). But anything "unlocked" in classic would also be unlocked in retail, essentially a one-way linking.

How would you feel if they also added special new content, like titles or achievements for your retail account by doing things in classic?
    A big no-no for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    no
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    its a no from me

Deleted
    It would probably get more people into endgame during vanilla, which will boost population.. A lot of people will want to farm stuff there to brag on retail.
    But would also prefer classic / retail to be to different games, with only battle.net friend list being added.

It would be a really cool thing for all completionists, but also a big pain in the butt for all people that had achieved those one-time things (like black aq mount) and they wouldn't feel "special" anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

5+ Year Old Account
    inb4: "Brb guys, just gonna run a quick naxx40 to get some xmogs for my REAL character in Bfa"

LOL
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Should be no link whatsoever. People want classic they can have classic, not classic 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't see why not. If someone's willing to dedicate the time to grind their way up to Naxx40 and a Scarab Lord title, they're not just weekend warriors hopping in for a quick cruise through Classic. The only difference is that now guides for leveling/gearing are more plentiful and the community's more bitter, it's still up to you to not suck enough that a Naxx group wants you along.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They don't need to be linked
    For the life of me I can't figure out why
    Blizzard has linked games in multiple ways over time, usually to promote giving a new one a try.

It's easy to extend that when the games are *kind of* the same game.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Honestly I wouldn't like it, at least not for rare items like the class quest stuff. The prestige of those items should be reserved for those that obtained it during actual vanilla, and no I don't have any.
    We humans have to stick together

Deleted
    We don't want people playing it only for achievements/mounts for their main account. Play classic because you love classic, not because you want to pimp up your main account.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer it if they were totally independant from eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post

Classic should be classic and only classic, retail should be retail and only retail... they should be seperate and should remain seperate... nothing in classic should cross over to retail, nothing in retail should cross over to classic... because lets face it... then it wouldn't be classic...

If you want classic achievements on your retail account then you probably need to find Mr Peabody to take you back to the days of classic so you could actually earn them instead of cheesing them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

This would completely mess up the economy in the real game, where some of the old items, which were easily obtainable in classic, are now treated as ancient artifacts and go for gold cap. Also, that would make people play classic just to unlock shit for the main game, which wouldn't be a good thing. This should never happen

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be fine for Classic since it would mean more people comming.
    Firstly - the ones who can't handle it will not stay.
    Those who can - will add up to a more or less dedicated crowd.
    On the other hand - most of them will constantly whine just about anything. But I doubt they will be listened to by Blizzard in this case, but it will add more cool holywars and retailers shaming. Cool!

For retail, on the other hand - I don't know. The veterans who still play retail will be a bit pissed their old achievents will become less unique, but now there's so much stuff (mounts/models and stuff) in retail - people stopped caring. I literally have no idea how much of them I have and don't notice what others wear/ride

7+ Year Old Account
    A new, cosmetic reward would be cool.

"Reach level 15 in Classic, by the 15th anniversary, and earn a '15' Tabard and special pony in WoW (Current & Classic)"
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i've been saying that since the original announcement, if they'll want to draw people to wow classic this is going to be the best thing they can implement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

There is no reason to play classic if tmogs/mounts aren't transferable.

I lived classic, i played classic several hours each day, i have good memories, there's no reason to back and 'do it all again'. Nostalgia is hard to balance. No one is going to be happy and get everything they want in classic.