Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are People Already Getting Fired For BfA?

Activision-Blizzard Names World of Warcraft® Executive Producer J. Allen Brack As New President of Blizzard Entertainment

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...utive-Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Activision-Blizzard Names World of Warcraft® Executive Producer J. Allen Brack As New President of Blizzard Entertainment

What do you want to discuss OP? The exact same information is on the front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful, people get tired of being in the industry for as long as some of these guys have.

Fired? No? i dont see why keep saying BFa is a bad expansion its only just begun and its no where near WoD terms of bad. its most likely Mike just wants a break, hes still employed just not the Ceo he prob wants to focus more on his personal life like Metzen

If you think BfA is the reason this happened, you haven’t been paying attention to Blizzard.
    One game having a mediocre reception when they’ve got multiple franchises raking in the dough = Replace the president... oook.
    If we saw WoW leadership shaken up, that’d be something to speculate on. Blizzard is doing just fine.

Deleted
    Take off your tinfoil hats people. They worked at Blizzard for a long time. They've retired, they're rich. I would've done the same. Good luck to them in the future and embrace the diablo-fication of WoW even further now. Next expansion = no static loot, everything is RNG, leveling goes up to 250 now, everything scales to your level, etc...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post

Mike had nothign to do with wow, he was leading ALL OF BLIZZARD.
    also he is stil working for blizzard, co founder, just not president anymore.
    also if they were going to fire someone for "wows problems" why would they fire a guy who had nothing to do with wow, and replace him with a wow designer?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy is probably a billionaire or damn close to it. I'd retire (or in this case, take on a less stressful position) too.

Edit: just googled it. $1.8 billion net worth.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Love Morhaime, but cheers to change and seeing what it brings. I hope Morhaime gets to kick back and chill for a bit. I'll miss him at Blizzcons, giving his shaky speeches that make me wanna just hug the man.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Mike is in the best state of life you could ever be. He is absurdly rich (net worth of 1.8 billion), and at the same time, not many people in the public know who he is. So he can enjoy all of his wealth without being stalked by paparazzies at every corner unlike other rich celebrities. Also he had little, if anything, to do with how BFA came out. He probably just wants to get closer to retirement while still having some role at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Love Morhaime, but cheers to change and seeing what it brings. I hope Morhaime gets to kick back and chill for a bit. I'll miss him at Blizzcons, giving his shaky speeches that make me wanna just hug the man.
    I'll always miss metzen from Blizzcon... his excitement always rubbed off on you, now it's like a bunch of robots reading scripts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wtf, you think a promotion to PRESIDENT OF A COMPANY is being fired? lol.

The sky is green.

No. Blizzard knew full well what bfa was before it launched - it would be silly to think anyone is getting fired over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey OP, are you confused about the information given to you on the front page?

You think you do, but you don't.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    If BFA was a flop why would the president of Blizzard who has nothing to do with WoW be replaced by the guy who has everything to do with WoW? Mike wouldn't be the guy leaving if it was a flop. It would be J or Ion or Alex.

As much as it sucks to see Mike go he's been doing this for nearly 3 decades. He needs some time off. I mean, look at what happened to Metzen. Mike also hasn't said he's leaving Blizz. He's staying on as an adviser. What would really be cool is if after Mike takes a long break if he returned to actual game development within Blizz. I'd love to see Mike and Chris return for Warcraft 4 in a much more laid back position. Just focusing on one game like the old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how some previous expansions has generated a lot more hate and anger (I know, it's pretty amazing how people can act that way about a game) - it's pretty silly to think this is at all related to BFA.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    You can give him shit for bfa all you want, but he was there for diablo 2, wc 3, vanilla and bc too.

10+ Year Old Account
    this means mike wants to retire but keep his retirement private

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    If BFA was a flop why would the president of Blizzard who has nothing to do with WoW be replaced by the guy who has everything to do with WoW? Mike wouldn't be the guy leaving if it was a flop. It would be J or Ion or Alex.

As much as it sucks to see Mike go he's been doing this for nearly 3 decades. He needs some time off. I mean, look at what happened to Metzen. Mike also hasn't said he's leaving Blizz. He's staying on as an adviser. What would really be cool is if after Mike takes a long break if he returned to actual game development within Blizz. I'd love to see Mike and Chris return for Warcraft 4 in a much more laid back position. Just focusing on one game like the old days.
    exactly it means the exact opposite they must be getting record sub numbers and robert thinks allen is responsible for the record numbers and mike wants to retire at the same time
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Who knows. Doubtful it is simply "for BfA" though.