Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    But this is of course typical Alliance shady doing.
    I love reading how we're flawless white knights and cloaked rascals skulking about at the same time in this forum.

Don't matter if the Horde is currently risking their lives to protect the world from a big evil.
    Er, what? This takes place after G'huun is dead.

Besides, from what I understand, the Horde goes to Uldir to save their asses after that little jailbreak for Zul turned out to be such a good idea. I haven't seen anything about noble motives like protecting the world. Fully granted this is based on reports from Hordies in this forum, as I haven't leveled my little warlock yet.

I would have disposed of Shaw after the Legion rogue campaign was completed, btw. He is a total failure.
    So anyone who's captured and replaced by a dreadlord is a failure? Interesting, how do you propose we deal with shape shifting demons whose entire MO is impersonating key positions? Regularly sprinkle leaders with holy water?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Found this jewel in wowhead.

"We have an extra shipment of weapons on hand. I suggest we distribute them among the blood trolls. The enemy of our enemy, after all...

That should give the Horde a nasty surprise. And if the blood trolls accidentally hurt themselves... Well, it's a win-win."

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287647/...-over-spoilers

Glad Blizzard is actually trying to push the "morally grey" thing, the alliance can't talk about their high ground anymore after this. Also I love this because it's shows another flaw of Anduin he is naive enough to trust his advisors and militar forces at every word, heck wouldn't be surprised if Genn/Tyrande or the dark iron butchers a horde village and lied to him: lol don't worry we didn't kill civilians or childrens wink wink
    Entirely in character for Shaw, and actually morally grey, as opposed to, say, firebombing a civilian settlement. The SI:7 was always one of the more interesting Alliance organizations, imo, specifically because they actually do stuff like this.

Humanity #1.

Death to the mudhut dwellers as they get blinded by the pristine glory of Alliance marble, steel and sparkling white granite.

Build a wall around the Dark Portal, and make the horde pay for it. Sick of these goddamn green illegal aliens and their loincloths.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Glad Blizzard is actually trying to push the "morally grey" thing, the alliance can't talk about their high ground anymore after this.
    Why? Lmao this is how Blizzard equates the Alliance to the genocidal maniacs that are the Horde? 8.1 is post-G'huun so it's not like the Blood Trolls are a real threat.

Also I love this because it's shows another flaw of Anduin he is naive enough to trust his advisors and militar forces at every word, heck wouldn't be surprised if Genn/Tyrande or the dark iron butchers a horde village and lied to him: lol don't worry we didn't kill civilians or childrens wink wink
    That'd be good. Fuck Horde civilians, kill them all. (let's pretend this will actually happen and Anduin won't intervene). Thus far the Horde has only seen military losses and has inflicted civilian casualties in Kul Tiras and genocide in Kalimdor against an almost exclusively civilian population in Teldrassil. They need to have their families murdered by the Alliance with the point being to inflict pain and suffering. And not the Zandalari, but the rest of the Horde and they can thank the creaking corpses for lowering the fight to their level by letting them into their horde in the first place
    Last edited by Blizzard Moneybot; 2018-10-04 at 04:05 PM.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

This isn’t “morally grey”. Both sides are happy to murder things like the Blood Trolls wholesale, and one side trying to damage the other by using them as a disposable tool can’t possibly be that much worse. It’s not like Shaw is expecting the Blood Trolls to prosper or something.

It’s a sneaky, clandestine approach, but it’s not more “morally grey” than anything else involving disposable neutral evil baddies.

This would be a lot more appreciated a few patches ago, but hey, it's something, I'll take it. Perfectly in character too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh great, so Matthias Shaw is Azeroth's Zbigniew Brzezinski.

It's a pity G'huun is dead and arming primitives in a bloodthirsty cult won't blow up in their faces
    Best shut this down. The SI:7 supplying the savages I mean.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKickBan View Post
    ...Funny, because on that page you linked, the only mention of Anduin is here...

"Secure the harbor and prepare to move forward, spymaster.
    Remember, our objective is to destabilize the Zandalari and take out Horde targets. King Wrynn wants to avoid civilian casualties." ...That's Shaw being given orders not to harm civilians, by the by. Not really grounds to suggest he's sneaking off to do the Horde a nasty behind Anduin's back...

Also, I'm sorry, but... How is arming the blood trolls morally grey? We've destroyed their god, their threat to anybody out of immediate stabbing range is virtually nil. Giving them weapons is on a similar level to hiring mercenaries, either way you're enabling a third party to carry out actions against your enemy.

-And if you're referring to Camp Taurajo, even that incident was pretty mild. The Alliance commander gave them warnings to evacuate, and left a path for civilians to get out. They didn't know the Quillboar were in the way.

Personally, I'd love to see the Alliance get a little dirty, but it's abundantly clear that Blizzard is both incapable and unwilling to write a compelling story along that vein.
    Perhaps to cause diversionary tactics so Alliance can infiltrate Dazar'alor unnoticed while the Blood Trolls cause ruckus and Zandalari send troops there in Nazmir.

Aside from that it is a nice way to avert blame on Alliance that sneaky Matthias. As of now we have no visuals on what weapon would it be. Incindiary? Perhaps a biochemical weapon related to blood.

This is rather interesting...

Could this mean SI:7 was funding the OGs and Blood Gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    I mean Alliance [...] Made internment Camps and turned a blind eye to what happened in them.
    FYI, the people who built and ran the orc interment camps are now part of the Horde. They're called the Forsaken. The humans in the current Alliance had comparatively little to do with it.

with g'huun dead the blood trolls are redeemed right?

i mean thats how it works with the horde you just kill the bad guy who's manipulating you and then you're off scott free. you can even keep genociding afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    with g'huun dead the blood trolls are redeemed right?

i mean thats how it works with the horde you just kill the bad guy who's manipulating you and then you're off scott free. you can even keep genociding afterwards.
    Although I'm in doubt that your question is meant to be honestly answered, the answer would likely be "no." The Blood Trolls were bad news before G'huun figured into their beliefs - they were originally worshipers of Hakkar, which is actually where they got their blood-related rituals and magic. G'huun came later, granting them even more power in exchange for them working to free him from his imprisonment in Nazmir.

As for the Horde, I'm not aware of them getting off scott-free with anything, either. Many people, both in-game and out of it, still blame the Horde for their actions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Shaw is actually a tiny, tiny hope, for a interesting alliance character

how long until they put him down because he is not perfect good?

what a nice way to waste resources

arming someone weak enough to pass weapons to the enemy

Deleted
    So the Alliance is actually the US government?

In all seriousness, it's a good strategy. The Horde needs to be completely wiped out asap and this might help sped things up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Shaw is actually a tiny, tiny hope, for a interesting alliance character

how long until they put him down because he is not perfect good?
    don't worry, soon he'll get "the talk" with anduin and all his sins will be forgotten and forgiven.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    SI:7 has ALWAYS done shit like this, people just turn a blind eye because it doesn't fit their narrative of "waah squeaky clean Alliance"!!!!
    This. And the Alliance still holds the moral high ground in this war even with arming the blood trolls as useful idiots. Or are we going to ignore that the Horde torched a world tree full of civilians and clergy, including the elderly and children, have been raising innocents into undeath for cannon fodder for years now, and have either willingly participated in or tacitly supported large-scale ecological devastation despite constantly carping on about balance and the spirits of nature?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This. And the Alliance still holds the moral high ground in this war even with arming the blood trolls as useful idiots. Or are we going to ignore that the Horde torched a world tree full of civilians and clergy, including the elderly and children, have been raising innocents into undeath for cannon fodder for years now, and have either willingly participated in or tacitly supported large-scale ecological devastation despite constantly carping on about balance and the spirits of nature?
    The Horde doesn’t care about holding the higher moral ground

He's a Rogue and he once said that he's ready to use any and all methods to guarantee success. Something to that effect.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate the white knighting on the Alliance side, but its also hilarious how Horde fans try to gain some kind of moral ground by pointing out Alliance “ateocities”. There is no morality here. This is war. I could really get behind a total war against the Horde. No one has issue with Sylvanas wanting to crush the Alliance, but Jaina is insane because she wants to dismantle the Horde?

If you play Alliance and want to be civil and not mean to the Horde, you need to leave or you will eternally be a victim.

Maybe it wasnt Dreadlord Shaw who fed Wrynn false information that lead to the total catastrophe on the Broken Shore.
    Maybe he really wants to see the world burn. Or, wait for it... is corrupted by the old gods :O

Really good idea btw! Lets help the people who want to release an experimential old god! What could go wrong. And if he doesnt know what is their purpose, its still on him for trying to support a group he doesnt know anything about, just because they are enemy of his enemy.