Thread: The UFC Thread

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Hrm, seems someone likes revisionist history. He got submitted after gassing, truly a gap in his game. Prior to that, he was pretty much tapping off on Diaz at will for a fight where McGregor moved up 2 weight classes. At the time, before people were trying to copy his hype act, no one would dare do anything like that.

Diaz is also no joke. 20-11 in 14 years and he's constantly high. Who knows what he could have done with actual focus and not taking drugs nonstop. He's only been finished twice, the last of which was 5 years ago when he was clearly lethargic and lazy, likely from a weight cut judging from his appearance and commentary.

I mean....I like Whiskey, but wasn't planning on it. I think I'll get an extra just for you now!
    When you are supposedly the p2p no 2 in the world, you just don't get wrecked in a fight like that and spend the next one running around the octagon to get a half assed majority decision. All that vs a guy that had never done anything significant in the UFC and having a gameplan revolving around just going forward chin first.

Any non braindead mcgregor fanboy could see that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    When you are supposedly the p2p no 2 in the world, you just don't get wrecked in a fight like that and spend the next one running around the octagon to get a half assed majority decision. All that vs a guy that had never done anything significant in the UFC and having a gameplan revolving around just going forward chin first.

Any non braindead mcgregor fanboy could see that easily.
    ive read a lot of laughable remarks on da internet regardin dis wole fuss about mcgregor vs mayweaver in a boxin n ma match(mayweaver obviously wud lose in an ma match since e as no grapplin or ground bakground) aint even jokin mcgregor fanboys keep pointin out ow e came from an am8ur boxin bakground yet never bothers mentionin wot is fite record was 4 dat sport i swear 2 christ

do they really think mcgregor wo most likely ad a short am8ur boxin record as a chance against a world class boxer wos an olympic medalist n a 4mer multiple division boxin champion(winnin a lineal championship a total of 5 times throughout 4 different weite classes of is pro boxin career) bruv

surprised eryk anders lost.

he sure as fucked tried not to, though. never seen a tko like that before, pretty hardcore.

Does anyone actually think Conor "Cardio is for pussies" Mcgregor and his whiskey has any chance of beating a wrestler like khabib ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Does anyone actually think Conor "Cardio is for pussies" Mcgregor and his whiskey has any chance of beating a wrestler like khabib ?
    The whole thing with this is just that: Connor's striking vs Khabib's wrestling, that is, can Khabib take Connor down before getting hit hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The whole thing with this is just that: Connor's striking vs Khabib's wrestling, that is, can Khabib take Connor down before getting hit hard?
    A top wrestler is gonna get you down at one point or another its how you handle it. Khabib excels when they try get up/get out of the takedown which Conor will do because his only chance is standing.

So the question is can Conor knock him out before he gets taken down too much and his arms fill up with lead from fatigue. Which 9 times out 10 doesnt happen lets be real

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So the question is can Conor knock him out before he gets taken down too much and his arms fill up with lead from fatigue. Which 9 times out 10 doesnt happen lets be real
    They're kinda synonymous. Connor is a hard striker and if he's going to win, it has to be on the first round. Khabib had trouble once agaisnt Michael Johnson and got rocked a couple times, and I reckon that's what people are banking on as the reason for a possible Khabib loss.

So, basically if Connor gets grabbed, it's game over. If Khabib gets hit early on, he might be out since Connor's striking is no joke.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoQVCv2B...-by=jonnybones

- - - Updated - - -

Why couldn't this fucking drama happen in time for them to fight in UFC 230 in NY so I could see the fight live.

BUT NOOOOOOOOO give New York the fucking hand-me-down fight. Fucking bullshit.

I remember hearing about the Matt Hughes accident, but didn't think much of it. I saw the following video and had no idea he was hurt as bad as he was. It was hard to goddamn watch. He was one of my favorites.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus...I didn't realize he was permanently damaged like that either. That sucks.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    well usually when you get hit by a train you don't just walk away. Hughes is my all time favorite fighter though. Just happy hes alive after being in a coma for over a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loud mouth being his usual late self...

Edit: And Khabib kept his word, he left over Connor being late. Hell he even gave him 15 mins after saying he'd leave immediately if he wasn't there on time.
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2018-10-04 at 10:20 PM.

Ah I haven't been keeping track. I forgot Connor is fighting in 2 days.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest PPV of the year tomorrow night. Going to be raiding, so can't fully devote attention, but damn....exciting main card.
    BAD WOLF

Ill be working so wont get to see conor get choked out or tap rather

Not a hater, he's an entertaining fighter. I just think he has massive cardio problems and khabibs wrestling will wear him down too much. It'll be the first Nate Diaz fight all over again

I slept at like 11 PM last night and woke up at 6:15 AM today....staying up til 1 AM tonight to watch the fight is gonna be really difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I slept at like 11 PM last night and woke up at 6:15 AM today....staying up til 1 AM tonight to watch the fight is gonna be really difficult...
    just get hyped, watch the prelims. get the adrenaline going.

i assume there will be free prelims, like normal?

Ya the prelims will be at 8 PM on FS1, and then 10 PM the main card starts.

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw this on reddit

When Khabib smashes your boy ...
    And it was pretty fucking funny and now I'm hyped to stay up and watch this shit. I wonder if I should just sit at desktop to watch it, or if I should set it up on laptop to watch on TV...