Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lmao, brevik is the guy that fucked up marvel heroes beyond belief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If that's what's happening then it seems to be for the better. Legion and BfA are both great expansions on par with WotLK. I just want to see more of that direction in the game.
    Of course you like it. They have been catering to the mobile gaming microtransaction freemium mouth breathing millennial gamer for years now. You've managed to ruin pretty much every good game studio already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    All the Blizzard top management that recently stepped down retired young (Metzen, Pardo, Morhaime), 40s to 50. Mike is only 50, that's really young to retire when you're the head of a billion dollar corporation. It's not unreasonable to think he cashed out because things weren't rosey or people wanted him to step down, you don't retire at 50 to go sit around bored out of your mind.
    Maybe, but if I was in Morhaimes shoes, I would do exactly what he did once I hit 50ish. He has all the money he will ever need....he can step out from the stress, enjoy his money and more free time, while also still being a voice at the company (which he is) and having some free reign to maybe work on a smaller project at the company if he decides to. He can continue to show up at fan events if he wants, blizzcon as an example, if he wants to get his tires pumped some by fans or avoid it completely if he wants to melt into the background.

Metzen retired simply because of his personal health issues and an inability to mentally be around the company anymore. He wanted to stay, but he could not stay due to his own health. Hell, the man could not even go to see Weird Al at blizzcon because he started to have a panic attack even thinking about it. Again, he has all the money he will ever need and a young family.

Pardo left to spend time with family and to dabble in other projects.

I don't think any of them left because people were forcing them out. Politics MAY have been part of it, as it is in any job, but it seems like they all were under a ton of pressure for decades due to the nature of the industry...made their money....and then decided to all start having real lives and families and could afford to step away, so they did.

Deleted
    Legion and BfA are both great expansions on par with WotLK.
    Not. Even. Close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axerty View Post
    That sucks, I loved that game. First time I spent money inside a game store.

He sounds so drunk in that clip that he's about to go pass out on the couch immediately after recording that.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    That's quite clear otherwise there's no explanation for destiny 2 and cod on blizz app, why didn't activision release their own platform?
    Why develop a separate launcher when you already have a great platform for game sales? Those two games being on the app, hell even if the whole catalog eventually gets added from Activision, does not change Blizzard in the slightest.

If anything, allowing the Activision side to use the platform gives Blizz more freedom on their side to do what they want, as they almost certainly are getting a small slice of the sales and some extra development funds from it.

The move saved Activision a good chunk of change vs developing their own platform and it does open blizzard games up to a new audience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Alright, I take this to the next level. Quote me any time you please so.

WW2 happened because of Activision and Kotick's grand-grandparents.
    If there was a way to travel back in time and make profit from a war,you know Kotick would jump on the occasion asap

I love BfA and I don't care what you think about it, sorry!
    Is that you Ion?

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    on par with wotlk? LLLOOOLL youre delusional
    Woltk was a bad expansion. 1 Good raid in ulduar , 1 good boss in Icc and else everything else was medicore

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axerty View Post
    Brevik left before they fucked up the game beyond belief so he's not the guy you want to blame. You're after the guys that bought them and focused on the console instead for a whole year

Deleted
    Am i supposed to be scared?

I don't care who runs it. If they start using scammy policies, i will stop playing. They should be the ones fearing us.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Vivendi did not buy Activision.
    Okay not so much bought as it was merged. Either way there was a time where Activision-Blizzard had a Vivendi stake. And even then people were saying that it was gonna be the Bobby Kotik show. Flash forward 11 years, still not the case.

In December 2007, Activision announced that the company and its assets would merge with fellow games developer and publisher Vivendi Games.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I wish this guy would stop pretending he's relevant. He's done nothing notable since d2. He's a God damn nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    All the Blizzard top management that recently stepped down retired young (Metzen, Pardo, Morhaime), 40s to 50. Mike is only 50, that's really young to retire when you're the head of a billion dollar corporation. It's not unreasonable to think he cashed out because things weren't rosey or people wanted him to step down, you don't retire at 50 to go sit around bored out of your mind.

It's a bit of a conspiracy to say Activision are playing the long game to gain more control over the company, even still the conditions for that to happen are taking place, slowly. David Brevik being who he is at least has a lot more insight than any of us, whether he is right or wrong.
    But you do, if you can retire and live a better life then most people at the age of 50 and do what ever you feel like for the rest of your life without having to think about money, why work to age 60 or 70.

7+ Year Old Account
    If that's what's happening then it seems to be for the better. Legion and BfA are both great expansions on par with WotLK. I just want to see more of that direction in the game.
    Bfa is garbage and Legion is even worse
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Deleted
    Arguments based on authority are utterly useless. I don't disagree with Brevik's opinion, but it is nothing more than that - an opinion.
    If he want to convince people, then he need to actually argue for his position. Randomly claiming x, y or z to be true is useless. To the people who don't trust you or don't believe your word, you may as well say that the moon is Donald Trump's left testicle. It will have about the same effect.

Arguments from authority are the tools of children, politicians, journalists, and other mentally underdeveloped folks.

Wait I thought Activision already did that when they merged? Same old fairy tale resurfacing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want to see more RNG, less abilities, more pruning, more bugs, more world quests, more time-gated content, less love to professions and so on?
    Nice bait.

Metzen has been very open about why he retired, Scott johnson made a great interview with him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    By selling a lot of games.
    Are you sure?

Here is 2'18 quarterly report:
    https://investor.activision.com/news...2018-financial

Product sales for a quarter: $464 million
    Subscription, licensing and microtransactions for a quarter: $1,177 billion

Please do some research before posting nonsense kido.