Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zecora View Post
    Aren't you conveniently overlooking the fact that she's on record telling this to her terapist years before he was even considered as a judge on SCOTUS?
    Are you saying that talking to a therapist is 'pursuing' the issue? I guess you are free to interpret it that way. Personally I think of "pursue" in terms of filing a report with the police.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    "We can't have diversity quotas, we should seek the best people for the job!"
    "We can't require that someone not be a lying rapist, then no one can do the job!"
    I mean if he raped someone then he needs to go to prison. But until there is proof of that he is innocent until proven guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Are you saying that talking to a therapist is 'pursuing' the issue? I guess you are free to interpret it that way. Personally I think of "pursue" in terms of filing a report with the police.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if he raped someone then he needs to go to prison. But until there is proof of that he is innocent until proven guilty.
    And if he did, 54% of Republicans would still approve of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, it was Republicans who said it...

Also, upstate New York is actually fairly conservative in many areas.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet, I have numbers to back up my claim.
    Marist College literally reads "coeducational liberal arts college". I don't believe a god damn thing they say, its absolutely ridiculous. These were the same polls that said for 2 yrs straight Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide, half these polls are complete bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    And if he did, 54% of Republicans would still approve of him.
    Source?

Rape =/= touching somebody when drunk

Deleted
    Aren't you conveniently overlooking the fact that she's on record telling this to her terapist years before he was even considered as a judge on SCOTUS?
    In which she didn't name Kavanaugh, you're conveniently forgetting that part too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalera View Post
    Marist College literally reads "coeducational liberal arts college". I don't believe a god damn thing they say, its absolutely ridiculous. These were the same polls that said for 2 yrs straight Hillary Clinton would win in a landslide, half these polls are complete bullshit.
    Great, and that still doesn't change the poll.

Your refusal to believe it, doesn't make it any less true. As you've seen from posters on this very thread, they are trying to justify it left and right.

The facts don't care about your feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Source?

Oh, are you going back to the "he just touched her ass" bullshit?

the source has been provided, and it's clear you are part of that 54%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying that you can hardly claim that she made it up to stop him getting on SCOTUS, when she told her terapist about it years before he was even a candidate to get on SCOTUS. In addition, did you even consider that even if she didn't pursue the issue when he was just another judge, she might have felt that it would be wrong for him to have done what she says he has done, and still take a seat on SCOTUS? I certainly find that possible, without it being a "conspiracy" like some idiots are claiming. Don't forget, the #METOO has made it easier to come forward with these things, which is a good change (except those who either A: fear consequences for something they have done, or B: Want to do certain things without consequence).

Source?

I heard Cory Booker raped a woman by his own admission. Well, unless touching a woman's boobs without her permission isn't rape. But I think the Democrats are saying it is rape...though that means Bill Clinton raped even more women than originally claimed.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Great, and that still doesn't change the poll.

Your refusal to believe it, doesn't make it any less true. As you've seen from posters on this very thread, they are trying to justify it left and right.

The facts don't care about your feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, are you going back to the "he just touched her ass" bullshit?

the source has been provided, and it's clear you are part of that 54%.
    And all the polls that said Hillary Clinton would win 2 yrs in a row were facts? You take polls as facts? The idea that if I were to walk up to 54% of Republicans and ask them if sexual assault is alright doesn't even pass the smell test, its complete bullshit my friend. Of course this poll came from a Liberal Arts College though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arent View Post
    In which she didn't name Kavanaugh, you're conveniently forgetting that part too.
    Nor did she name Daffy Duck. Now, if she had named someone else but Kavanaugh, that would be significant. As it is, it does not matter greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I heard Cory Booker raped a woman by his own admission. Well, unless touching a woman's boobs without her permission isn't rape. But I think the Democrats are saying it is rape...though that means Bill Clinton raped even more women than originally claimed.
    And yet, you just had the person you are talking to try and be disingenuous about what he's accused of. Man, you guys REALLY want to deflect for those who support sexual assault.

I'm saying that you can hardly claim that she made it up to stop him getting on SCOTUS, when she told her terapist about it years before he was even a candidate to get on SCOTUS. In addition, did you even consider that even if she didn't pursue the issue when he was just another judge, she might have felt that it would be wrong for him to have done what she says he has done, and still take a seat on SCOTUS? I certainly find that possible, without it being a "conspiracy" like some idiots are claiming. Don't forget, the #METOO has made it easier to come forward with these things, which is a good change (except those who either A: fear consequences for something they have done, or B: Want to do certain things without consequence).
    To my understanding she never named Kavanaugh as the attacker until this July, which is why people questing her timing.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    You can believe the victim and not condemn the accused. Due process is only violated in the court of public opinionm because idiots assume either the accused is guilty or the accuser is a liar. Both sides of the situation don't give a shit about due process just their feels.
    Due Process is violated specifically if the Jury is swayed in one way or another due to outside influence. In this case; the idea that because it is a man on trial he automatically is guilty. This is something that can't be argued against given the witch(wizard?) hunt that has gone on in the US over the last 3 years. There is not even a single person in this country who hasn't seen the media kerfuffle. It is *impossible* to get a jury that is without bias as a result of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

And all the polls that said Hillary Clinton would win 2 yrs in a row were facts? You take polls as facts? The idea that if I were to walk up to 54% of Republicans and ask them if sexual assault is alright doesn't even pass the smell test, its complete bullshit my friend.
    Oh, sweet deflection.

You are trying to push the Hillary card, yet I'm not a Hillary supporter.

The facts don't give a shit about your feelings.

Why is it that 54% of Republicans would support Kavanaugh's nomination, even if he were proven to be guilty?

I look forward to the results of your poll.

And yet, you just had the person you are talking to try and be disingenuous about what he's accused of. Man, you guys REALLY want to deflect for those who support sexual assault.
    I don't know anyone who supports sexual assault. I'm would be in favor of Cory Booker being removed from the senate for his sexual assault.

~ Daryl Davis

Does anyone even watch Megan Kelly?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I don't know anyone who supports sexual assault. I'm would be in favor of Cory Booker being removed from the senate for his sexual assault.
    And yet, 54% of Republicans seem to. Maybe you don't hang out with many Republicans.

And yet, 54% of Republicans seem to. Maybe you don't hang out with many Republicans.
    54% via a Liberal Art College poll don't believe this fool

I know many Republicans, and I also know you are lying.

~ Daryl Davis

54% via a Liberal Art College poll don't believe this fool
    So, the facts don't really care about your feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

I know many Republicans, and I also know you are lying.
    Then maybe you should have gotten them to take the poll, because those one sure did want to support sexual assault.

Then again, we have one in this very thread.