Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Has blizzard ever scrapped a system that they have put in place mid expansion? not to my knowledge.

I feel like even though the vast amount of the community hates the system they will not admit their system failure and will force us to wait til the next expansion goes live rather than just saying "ok, this was a test for 1 tier and now its over".
    A vast portion of the community hated Artifact weapons in the first months of Legion (specifically AP and the way it affected changing specs). And quite honestly from my perspective, I don't feel like it gained real traction until Tomb of Sargeras.

I dislike the Azerite system for a few reasons. We can only hope it evolves into something better.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-10-08 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Blizzard are the master's of hindsight. "In hindsight, Azerite Armor didn't work in practice as well as we had hoped. Still, the system provided value to the game."

They will always admit, after an expansion is over, what was wrong with their design... all the while defending it tooth and nail while live. Then they will rip it out like a cancer.

The worst thing is how Blizzard will not admit that removing solid features was a mistake. i.e. Reforging, gem slots a norm, now tier set bonuses.
    And whenever they get such a game-breakingly stupid idea, of which everyone and their blind dog can see that it is a stupid idea before it even goes live on the PTR, they still will implement it.

They are like politicians.

The problem with expansion specific systems like Azerite, is they're built into ever aspect of that expansion. The dev team is taking a chance on one feature being good and building it in everywhere, and if it turns out to be terrible, they can't really recover and can only make due with what they have. That's why features like Azerite, AP, etc. aren't very good. It would be fine if it moved with each expansion and allowed improvement, but expansion-only sucks.

Blizzard will never admit they were wrong about anything relevant.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Game development doesn't allow for pivots like that.
    Yet we have seen entire systems, subsystems, and areas etc removed from games even seen the entire ranking system be added and removed from BG's etc, game development allows for anything, games can be grossly changed in a single patch that is not a content patch in terms of "DLC"

No. They know there are glaring issues with it, but it's not really something they can just remove. The game is balanced around it, and even if it's a shitty progression system, it's the only semi "interesting" effects on items that we get.

Also, there's absolutely no point to them throwing the system under the bus as some people wish they would. They really can't just come out and heavily criticize a core feature of the game mid expansion. It'd be a horribly stupid thing to do, even if everyone knows there are problems.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Yet we have seen entire systems, subsystems, and areas etc removed from games even seen the entire ranking system be added and removed from BG's etc, game development allows for anything, games can be grossly changed in a single patch that is not a content patch in terms of "DLC"
    what system rework happened during an expansion?

don't make shit up

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    what system rework happened during an expansion?

don't make shit up
    Badge gear is the only one that comes to mind though I could be misremembering didn't they squish it to two kinds midway through wrath?

Nope, won't happen. They're already working on the next grinding progression system for the next expansion. Most likely it will be closer to artifacts or glyphs since they've gotten the message players hate Azerite gear. They most drasting thing they might do is some type of reroll system for gold that lets you get access to completely new traits on the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Verkaik View Post
    Badge gear is the only one that comes to mind though I could be misremembering didn't they squish it to two kinds midway through wrath?
    adding gear to a vendor isnt a system rework, lol.
    and also, all additions/removals of gear to these vendors were done at major patches throughout the expansions the were present for

no systems reworks so far

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Lots of stuff can change at the end of an expansion or between expansions, but that isn't what is being discussed here. They can't blow up a system that is integral to the current expansion during the middle of the current expansion.

Expansion development allows for those levels of removal changes. Patch development really doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Because that time would be better spent working on the next expansion. I get what you mean from a fanfiction point a view though.
    Its not a new concept.

It's not cheap to do and certainly not all devs have the resources.

Blizzard do, but they chose not to, for whatever reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    adding gear to a vendor isnt a system rework, lol.
    and also, all additions/removals of gear to these vendors were done at major patches throughout the expansions the were present for

no systems reworks so far
    They removed a type of badge and stopped adding other ones. Each raid dropped it's own per tier till it was changed to justice and valor. I'm not talking about the gear itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Lots of stuff can change at the end of an expansion or between expansions, but that isn't what is being discussed here. They can't blow up a system that is integral to the current expansion during the middle of the current expansion.

Expansion development allows for those levels of removal changes. Patch development really doesn't.
    I don't think people want it reworked they want it removed. A simple patch to change the heart of azerite to a static level and add stats to shoulders,helms,and chests while striping out traits.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Not really feasible. They're trying to tweak it in response to player feedback, but it likely won't be changed entirely until next expansion. The closest thing we've ever had to "scrapping" an idea was ending WOD early. It's not like they could just go "okay, we've removed garrisons!" halfway into that expansion.
    They did try to mitigate the impact by moving the main hub over to Tanaan. They could do something similar with Azerite where they don't remove it but mitigate the bad. Possibly by reducing the variance on traits. Maybe making it so all drops from a raid have the same traits instead of different items having different traits.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    They removed a type of badge and stopped adding other ones. Each raid dropped it's own per tier till it was changed to justice and valor. I'm not talking about the gear itself.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think people want it reworked they want it removed. A simple patch to change the heart of azerite to a static level and add stats to shoulders,helms,and chests while striping out traits.
    I'd also want those traits/talents reworked back in and considering how long it took from launch to get (lol) a couple of +4 and +5 % flat buffs means we will colonize mars before that could happen

We're stuck with it for at least 18 months

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I'd also want those traits/talents reworked back in and considering how long it took from launch to get (lol) a couple of +4 and +5 % flat buffs means we will colonize mars before that could happen

We're stuck with it for at least 18 months
    Would you really? They are extremely passive except for a few specs though I think those were mostly nerfed. Your arguing for sunk cost and I don't think you really want that. What you want is your spent time back grinding it.

- - - Updated - - -

This was also only done at major patches, the Ulduar >ToC patch, if not the ToC>ICC patch they consolidated badges. But again, at a patch, not live tuned/hotfixed.

also, honestly, azerite is fine. It's tier but 1) way earlier in the progress cycle 2) more choices. People been arguing that they want more choice all the time and now that we have that it's "OMG I DIDNT GET MY BIS TRAIT" and "OMG WHY ARE THEY NERFING MY BIS TRAIT" all fucking day

Generally, they wait until the end of the expansion before they make you relearn to play.

I'm still trying to understand people's pain in this expansion. The system is just 3 overpowered trinket pieces replacing armor parts. Eventually, it's all going to be unlocked, and the first 2 traits are the only important ones for most classes.

I'm quite happy not having to continually run multiple difficulities of the same raid each week in order to complete a set. The only annoyance is the stinginess of the developers this expansion.

They need to. It seems to be one of the main reasons a lot of people are quitting. It is one of the primary reasons i quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They did try to mitigate the impact by moving the main hub over to Tanaan. They could do something similar with Azerite where they don't remove it but mitigate the bad. Possibly by reducing the variance on traits. Maybe making it so all drops from a raid have the same traits instead of different items having different traits.
    That just sounds like making it even more boring.