Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    These instances of GMs actually appearing in-game were extremely rare and many have been shown to have been on private servers. I played in a top 100 guild and we often had to ticket GMs during raid for various issues. Never once saw a GM. All I remember is every time I contacted a GM it took ages, sometimes over a week. They were and still are nice, some would RP a bit, just like some do today. Today though, I've never had a ticket last more than a couple hours at most, often quicker.
    When i was still playing wow i seen it 4 times total (vanila till pandaland).

I got contacted in person once i crashed kazzak server due to the event we made. There werent mad or anything, they only asked me to inform them next time so they add more server cap.

And one that i remember in tbc is when one of my friends had some issue with character and gm turned us into...cant remember what it was realy, it was so looong ago.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They slashed the GM budget. 90% of tickets receive a quick glance by someone who barely understands English. They then copy/paste the automated response that they ‘think’ is relevant and move on to the next ticket.

Even as late as Cata we had quality customer service. Then they ‘revamped’ it, made it confusing and put it in a laggy-ass in-game web browser instead of an in-game text box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky my old 10 year or more youtube video never got deleted:
    http://shrani.si/f/2G/f2/3xtWqhm/shittyoldvideo.png
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Getting Unstuck is an automated service and you don't contact a GM for it anymore so I'm wondering how you talked to a GM within 5 minutes.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/32275
    I don't remember hitting any "I'm stuck" selections, but I very well may have. Either way, I was definitely talking with a GM in game. It could have been a GM following up to make sure it worked properly. I've had GMs reach out after issues to make sure things are going well too.

Breaking news, GMs act like regular people when you speak to them like regular people.

10+ Year Old Account
    GM's are around but nowadays, if they appear in-game, it is in a private phase for testing and interaction.

Many GM's joking around like the picture was considered bad customer service by some, as they could be helping others.

As well, 24+ hours a ticket? My longest was 71 hours, which was a VERY minor thing. I still have some that take about 2-8 hours only.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Begone, complainer.
    Riveting and informative, must be trying to jack up that post count, eh?

You just did exactly the same.
    nuh uh

/10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    You just did exactly the same.
    As did you.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Want to hear a joke? Your logs.

But to be serious, yes, it takes a bit long. I opened a ticket a few weeks ago. It took around 4 or 5 days for a simple item restore. However, the support itself was great. The guy helped me nicely. I assume there is just a lack of support agents to handle everything in a faster manner.
    The online item restore is instant tho. They don't take in tickets anymore for item restoration. I kinda doubt your Story.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember back when GMs were fast to respond to tickets. Most issues could be resolved within a day.

When they would spend 15+ minutes talking to you about anything even if the ticket was only pertaining to something simple like being stuck. They would spent 10 minutes telling you back to back GM jokes!

When GMs were kind and spent time with all of their responses.

When GMs would drop in on your in game and actually interact with the community.

Now we have 24 hour+ ticket wait times that almost always results in a poorly constructed partially being copy and pasted response that usually takes 2-3 more tickets before something is actually done about it.

Now we have automated systems that auto punish players for large gold trades (for "exploitation of economy") or getting enough reports (silencing) or even using a VPN (for "account sharing").

Now GMs have absolutely no interaction with the in game community. They rarely even exist outside of billing support. Everything is automated and/or copy pasted.

Explain why the increase in profits over the years at Blizzard HQ is leading to a decrease in customer service. Not only is there a growing disconnect between the developers and the community managers, but it's even being seen in the actual customer support.
    What a shitpost. Some of These Points are still true today... while others are just Things that never happen

I remember speaking with a GM about Heigan dying on the balcony and thus being impossible to loot, he told me that Blizz was firing GMs non stop by then. This was about the time naxx was on farm and ulduar wasnt released yet.

My longest Ticket was around 6 Hours on German Servers, so pretty amazing support.
    Also never encountered copy pasta shit. Way above any other CS on other games still.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    I remember speaking with a GM about Heigan dying on the balcony and thus being impossible to loot, he told me that Blizz was firing GMs non stop by then. This was about the time naxx was on farm and ulduar wasnt released yet.
    LULW sure he told that.

My GM told me that Blizzard has 2 wow Developement teams, since then i spread the fake news to everyone.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2018-10-09 at 07:37 PM.

There was a very obvious and very drastic reduction in GM quality around the start of WoD if I remember right. That's about when the bullshit useless "auto report" systems came in and Blizzard left the community to die pretty much, and stopped personally responding to player incidents as a whole.
    That was also around the time when people started to bring up GMs responding in broken english and seeming to reply to direct blizzard reports with blatantly automated messages. We'll likely never get that part of Blizzard back because I'm fairly sure only the most specific of cases are actually addressed by native english speakers now (for the US realms at least).

The moment I saw the new auto report features for language and harassment I knew the Blizzard customer service was pretty much gone. Granted, I won't deny that they still have some of the best customer service for a big MMO, but considering the competition it's not saying a whole lot.

Deleted
    What some people here are saying is BS

I remember GM's helping you in a matter of minutes or an hour. And sometimes they would happear ingame. VERY RARE but i saw one once in Naxxramas Wotlk.

I remember being stuck in stratholme with a couple friends...open a ticket...and the GM came to our aid in a matter of minutes or an hour.

I remember when our GMs and CMs actually played and acted as though they enjoyed the game. Now we have GMs who half the time have no idea what you're talking about and just send you to a wowhead page that has zero relevance to what your ticket is about and we have CMs who openly discuss and advertise other mmo's they're playing with zero conversation to the game they're being paid to know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I remember doing original Naxxramas and having a GM drop in to watch us. Having a bear cub floating around the room was kind of fun while we got a server first on Sapphiron.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your GMs don't still do this? I always get a GM response within one day, and if I have an issue that needs fixing like a bugged dungeon I still get a response within minutes. They also still tell jokes. Are you in EU? If so maybe that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I think sometime around the activision-blizzard merger they downsized the GM department by like 80%
    Oh look this conspiracy theory. All these years later. Lol. Anyone who has ever played an Activision game or has played a classic Blizzard game knows that Activision isn't to blame for Blizzard's problems. Blizzard continued down the road it started on from the beginning. Blaming Activision is just giving Blizzard a free pass for Blizzard's failings.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    My GM told me that Blizzard has 2 wow Developement teams, since then i spread the fake news to everyone.
    Cool story bro.

Getting Unstuck is an automated service and you don't contact a GM for it anymore so I'm wondering how you talked to a GM within 5 minutes.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/32275
    Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    This is some proper 'member berries kind of shit though.

- - - Updated - - -

My guildie got stuck in class hall in BFA pre-patch and a GM logged on his character, talked to us in guild chat while doing it, and teleported his character out to safety in Dalaran. GMs are still a thing. They still do shit like this...
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I got stuck a few months ago on an alt, and the GM was pretty quick to respond (within 5 minutes). He was nice, and chatted a bit. /shrug
    'stuck' is a keyword in tickets that gives you priority in the system, and has been for a LONG time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I seldom needed GM help but obviously during TBC it’s a lot better than it was by the time you got to MOP.

My tickets were taking sometimes 2 days to be answered. During TBC (Is this really member berries?) you’d get the Blizzard icon and WHOOSH from out of the ether on a horned flying goat Mmeric appears to help his erstwhile friend!