Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have an ilvl of ~375, I usually only do 1 or 2 M+ for a weekly chest if I happen to catch a guild group going... which doesn't often happen as outside of raid nights I'm often online during weird times.

Anyway, tried to pug a +7 the other day before reset and got denied due to my Raider.io score... which I've paid zero attention to and have no clue how it works. Their group their rules, so I /shurgged and didn't worry about a chest that week... like I've done in other weeks where I didn't manage a guild run.

I could start my own group but meh, I honestly CBF. My guild only raids heroic and I'm doing just fine without farming M+ gear. Of the few weekly chests I've gotten it's all been trash anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    Sorry to tell you, but you are a moron, and literraly why this game becomes shit.
    Why do you think I would be grouping with you, even without raider.io, i'd find a way to vet players like you out of my groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Blizzard counts the point distribution? I never knew that.
    Blizzard controls which M+ runs get counted and which don't, because they control how many spots there are on the leaderboards.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    This sounds like a post moaning because you cant get into groups.

I use Raider.IO, i dont blame anyone that does. Having pugged M+ and taking people with little score you can see why, the low score people dont know tactics, dont know pull patterns, dont know what to interrupt and what you can let go through.

If I have the choice between someone with 1400 score and someone with 400 score of course i will take the 1400, they have experience in that dungeon.

Join a guild is my advice, I raid with my guild and most of my M+ is done with people in my guild or people I know from guilds i've been in. They are people I trust and are good players. That is why I have Curve and a decentish M+ score.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Raider.io is cancer. If you don't have the time to run keys all week, and instead are raiding or preparing for raid, your io level is simply not good enough for many groups.

Even if you have 370+ ilevel, if you lack the 1000~ io that people are asking for 10+ keys then you are stuck searching for keys that don't even drop stuff that you can use (excluding warforges.) You basically have to increase your io level in worthless key runs just to get a high enough io level to be invited to instances that 'might' drop something usable.

Because you really need to have done each affix and instance over and over and over and over again to understand what they do...
    1k really isn't that hard. Do each dungeon on +10(on average) and you have it pretty much, and that really isn't much to ask, especially at this point in the tier.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If anything, tools like this do wonders to push folks who've had enough of the pug nonsense to look for guilds. Working exactly as intended.

People still don't seem to grasp the fact that "I'm hoping to get carried" and "I'm looking for a smooth run" are just 2 sides of the same exact coin. *shrug*
    not really . if anything its pushing people to unsub to not deal neither with pug drama nor guild toxicity.

face it people ad 2018 hate being tied to guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I love the people who say "make your own groups". These people clearly aren't DPS, or have never tried to make their own group from scratch as a DPS.
    Make your own community then, make friends invite them there and push all m+ to above 10 .. eazy peazy.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think they're pointless junk and the only people I've ever seen that talk about how good their rating is are mediocre players at best (and usually scrubs that get carried most often), let the babies have their bottle. Let them form their own little groups of their own little rating where they all pull each other's dicks. Let them do it. They like it and while I don't agree with their fun and constantly mock anyone that does it, I wouldn't take it from them because it has no impact at all on my fun. I do my 10 every week and don't know or care what my rating is. It is probably hard to sneak into a +10 at 350ilvl, maybe even 360ilvl with the usual carry-seekers but if you're actually geared and good you will have no problem.

If you're trying to push +15 or some other silliness, you're playing their game. You gotta play by their rules. That's the try-hard club and it has try-hard measurements. Let them have their fun and join them if you want but don't go into their clubhouse and complain at how they do things there. I laugh at them but I wouldn't want them to stop having their own rules for their own shit.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Yes. Because like at the WOTLK period, ilvl is an obvious secure way to be sure someone knows his shit, like, I mean, you totally can't get into a group while being a total retard, get carried and ending up with the raider.io or curve progression. This shit is flawless you see.
    Apparently you can't. Considering the whole point of this thread is that people without ilvel and good m+ score can't get into groups. You're contradicting yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I use this raider.io but i have no idea how it works actually.
    I completely two +8 and two +7 rest is lower like 6-5-4-3-2 etc just to see them done.
    one of my +8 is recorded and it shows, the other +8 doesn't show in the addon but it shows on in game mythic page.
    I have 372 io score. I guess it is very low and means I am shit but hey I tanked two +8 this week with all that bolstering!
    the question is why one shows up and the other doesn't?

also, if for example I completed a +8 and then got let's say 50 points. Then I completed the same dungeon on +9 and got 60 pts.
    Now I have 110 points or I simply have 60 pts now as previous one is beaten. Is this cumulative or average points?
    It uses the official Blizzard leaderboards to track M+ completion, and there's a limited number of spots on those leaderboards each week.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yes. Because like at the WOTLK period, ilvl is an obvious secure way to be sure someone knows his shit, like, I mean, you totally can't get into a group while being a total retard, get carried and ending up with the raider.io or curve progression. This shit is flawless you see.
    It isn't flawless by anymeans, but it is the best we got.

What would you suggest as an alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That gearscore treatment was what got me to give up on raiding in WotLK all the way until Legion. Absolutely horrendous. Titanforging helps to "brute force" stupidly high ilevel barriers but it doesn't help as much vs "no, sorry, I haven't done 25 high key mythic+'s this week. How about you let me in a damn group already so I can at least get one for my chest?!"
    Why should they invite you just so you get your weekly chest? There's boosts for that if you can't do it yourself, you're not special enough to deserve a spot in a group with 4 other people who don't want to play with you(for any reason they choose)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Other people don't want to play with me because I don't put in any effort, qq
    It's unfair that people can see I didn't put any effort in, qq.

It's unfair it's unfair it's unfair weeeeeeeeehhhh
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2018-10-10 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I love the people who say "make your own groups". These people clearly aren't DPS, or have never tried to make their own group from scratch as a DPS.
    That still leaves the options of making friends and/or joining a guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not really . if anything its pushing people to unsub to not deal neither with pug drama nor guild toxicity.

face it people ad 2018 hate being tied to guilds
    Guild toxicity is only a problem if you join shit guilds and then stay in them.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Guild toxicity is only a problem if you join shit guilds and then stay in them.
    It's only the toxic douchebags/antisocials that have trouble finding a nice guild.
    Then they meme about how the game became so toxic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzip View Post
    Just like in WotLK, make your own group. I don't get this complaint at all.
    Just like in WotLK 'make your own group' is pointless and unhelpful advice.

Akin to 'just get a million dollars' and other similarly useless bits of advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    It's only the toxic douchebags/antisocials that have trouble finding a nice guild.
    Also the nice friendly people when all the douchbag/antisocial tanks and healers leave en masse.

No - the simple reason that many people have trouble finding a good team is numbers - some classes, roles etc are just not in demand.

If your class/role is in demand then you can be the nastiest douchebag on the planet and there will be a place for you.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    unlike gearscore, raider.io actually shows to a degree how skilled someone is
    The original gearscore weighted items as well, not to mention it was at a time where no one suddenly got +50 iLvl on pieces because of titanforging, so it just ment you knew how to gear and you did content that gave you that gear. retards.io can be cheesed with carry runs just as much as any other system.

Ok so I have a main on Alliance that I Raid with. Currently 7/8m.

All my friends play horde so I pug content with them when I'm not raiding.

The amount of bad people we get in our groups have 1 thing in common. MOST have low Raider.io score!

It has become a unit of measure for us. Even though we sometimes get someone with 900 score who turns out to be a complete boosted idiot, but that doesn't happen as often as the person with 400io score who gets completely lost IF something goes wrong, or if they are put under pressure.

We are not here to complete they key 20 minutes past the timer, we wanna get the best time possible. Why take someone with low score when we have dozens of people with high scores signing up that are less of a risk to downgrade the key we worked to push.

I don't get the hostility towards raider.io

I would have so much more failure runs without it, that's for sure.

Did a twink run +10 yesterday evening for the weekly cache and needed to pug one dps. All players in the group had +1k rating and we invited a player with 900 rating, 378 ilvl. What can go wrong? Well... everything. He/She was so clueless it hurt. It was late, we didn't care so we trusted his score and ilvl ingame and didn't look it up on the website. Afterwards I took a look and he depleted every key above 9. Even with only depleted keys (10 depleted = ~90 score) you will have 900 raider.io score.

So new rule in place for now. Time at least every key on +10. You will have ~1000 raider.io score and you will get invited to my group. Should be easy. I don't care if people like it or not. If I find a good player I will add him to my friendlist, but if I have to pug you better have a decent score.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play with randoms/pugs at all so raider.io and curve are non-existent things to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.