Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly I think it should just be given to any allied race that's at level cap. Whether it's boosted, race changed or leveled from scratch. I don't agree with having players make a character for a set. I think characters should be created for their own sake and nothing more.

I'm a player from 2004. I have a ton of characters level 100+. Multiple classes. If I want my existing main shaman to be Mag'har and have the heritage armor, I shouldn't have to level my 3rd or 4th of a class from scratch, something I don't even want, to be able to use the armor on a completely different character.

I genuinely don't care about allied races or heritage armor, I play Horde exclusively and unlocking them is just doing a scenario and leveling a char but I haven't done any.

I do not like the fact that they are locked behind the (now) old content though, I don't see the point and its another decision from the Azerite armor design (B) team which needs to be significantly changed or they will lose more people because the time required is NOT worth the reward, which is MMO design 101.

At the end of the day the hardcore people that have all the rep/gear/money wont have a game worth playing if no-one new joins in because of decisions like this.

/D

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Alliad races are fun for alting, but as someone who swapped main almost every expansion I can tell that you DON'T want to switch your main to an Allied Race, because blizzard hates you switching mains. (atleast the 100reps achievment will be account wide. AFTER WE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT FOR 2 MONTHS.)
    They want you to pay for a race change and grind out the armor on an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Fact 1: Allied races locked behind rep is fine and makes sense lorewise. Otherwise, we get a situation best summed up by .... "Hey, I just met you. Join my crusade where most (Read: ALL) of your people will become targets of murder and genocide! Sure you have no idea if I am a tyrant or seeking to oppress you once you join us, but surprises are fun!" Yes, that makes entirely more sense than having to prove you are worth joining up with and your cause is worth fighting for. Point in case: The Nightborne would have been far more likely to join the Alliance upon initial introduction. Why didn't they? Because Tyrande decided to be a twat about their people and look down her nose at them and, in turn, they were like, "Well fuck those guys. The Horde also helped us win back Suramar, let's see what they are like."

Now, if you want to talk about how horrible the grinding of that reputation is (especially the BFA reps), I am totally with you. Grinding rep sucks. I do wish they made some kind of catch up mechanic to help speed along the process of getting the rep. Maybe it takes a week of quests (like 7 days worth of WQs that give tons of rep) similar to how the Wintersaber Trainers were in Vanilla. Say, you do a scenario, and then get a series of like 3 quests per day (they would be different quests) worth like 2k rep each. That would take you from fresh toon to Exalted in 7 days. And if you hit Exalted before the 7 days, you jump directly to one last quest to talk to someone in the main city where you get the recruitment quest chain. This would apply for the ones from Legion. And once BFA is over and the next expansion is out, a similar chain would open for the BFA allied races. The BFA races, during BFA, would be unlocked similar to how they currently are, but I would bump the rep gains from WQs by like 50-200% depending on the quest. 75-150 rep per quest is bullshit. 150-300 rep per quest sounds fine. Then you simply put most of the rewards being related to the allied race (and the additional FP/camps in the opposing factions islands) and nothing crazy powerful. Maybe the "weakest" or "least used" 3 star recipes on there is fine too, and a mount or a pet or something. Nothing too crazy. No gear.

Fact 2: Totally agree on this on principle, but I agree even further because I hate leveling and have all classes at max and don't want to level multiples of the same class.

I am curious: If I were to level someone for Heritage armor and get the armor unlocked, I know that I can use it on other toons of that same Allied race, but if I delete the toon that I leveled FOR the armor, does it stick around since I technically leveled all the way? I mean, it is part of a reward for an achievement, right?

Because I would rather not have tons of other toons around that I don't intend to play just clogging up my character list.
    In regards to your first point, i wouldn't want them to be unlocked on launch either. Allied races should be unlocked when they make sense lorewise, but then for everyone, without reps and grinds.

Deleted
    its designed as a timesink/moneysink (boosting allied race to maxlvl. without armor) so its working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    With all respect: If that if your argument, then we should also get free gear from raids and dungeons, since it's part of the contend that we paid for. In my opinion, part of a game is to give people something to look forward to. You grind to get a mount or some gear. Why is it any different from leveling a character, which is much easier than completing say a raid?
    Jesus Christ, this Strawman again.

Gear is progression, races are not. Period full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Because without Heritage armor, most Allied Races are completely indistinguishable from their base counterparts.
    Mainland races are doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    In regards to your first point, i wouldn't want them to be unlocked on launch either. Allied races should be unlocked when they make sense lorewise, but then for everyone, without reps and grinds.
    That's the thing, lorewise, it still makes sense for them to be gated for the player behind rep. It should be account-wide, as I tend to look at it like your toons are all part of a "family" or "tribe" and thus, you would earn that respect for the entire "family" or "tribe" (regardless of race), but each player should still need to grind out the rep. Because there is no gameplay way to say "it's time". And that also means that effectively anyone playing for the first time after would get immediate access. The whole point is "proving yourself to these people to show you are worthy of their loyalty to your cause". Everyone is different. Lorewise, as far as (for instance) the Mag'har are concerned, you are just some random person showing up inviting them to be a part of your faction. Due to the nature of game play, unless you had some super grindy thing like the opening of the AQ gates that effected the entire faction sending an envoy to meet the race and invite them in, there is no way to do that. And then Blizzard would need to create those types of events in game (which realistically shouldn't be hard) but it would still be a grind, just not rep based.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That's why I level classes I don't already have.
    Did you purposely ignore his point

Considering how many of us have level all of our classes already, this seems to almost penalize players for having played a lot. What if it were simply for taking a character from 110 to 120? Or add some super-difficult Mage Challenge Tower-esque boss for unlocking your Heritage armor?

Because without Heritage armor, most Allied Races are completely indistinguishable from their base counterparts.

I would like a Mag'har Warrior and a Zandalari Shaman. But having to level classes I already have, from scratch, just to get their defining armor, seems kind of ridiculous.

Does anyone else feel like the expectation is completely unreasonable?
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They want you to pay for a race change and grind out the armor on an alt.
    Yeah, that's what they made me do.

That's why I said it's just blizzard's plot to sell me more Race Changes

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Do you also feel forced to get 2000 rating for elite pvp set? Or to farm SoO to get Tusks of Mannoroth? Or any old raid set? Or raid current mythic to get current flashy set?

Why are people losing their minds over heritage armor sets? Why you feel forced to get them and not forced to get any other set? It's just a cosmetic, why you feel obliged to get them?

This is such a petty whine.
    This is a good point
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    That's a good compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    That being said, I don't sweat it much because leveling isn't exactly challenging, just time consuming
    Time consuming ... and mind numbing

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Heritage armor -- although optional -- just represents a totally unreasonable expectation of players. Hell, you can't even unlock the respective allied races cross-faction, or even start them on different servers.

Considering how many of us have level all of our classes already, this seems to almost penalize players for having played a lot. What if it were simply for taking a character from 110 to 120? Or add some super-difficult Mage Challenge Tower-esque boss for unlocking your Heritage armor?

I would like a Mag'har Warrior and a Zandalari Shaman. But having to level classes I already have, from scratch, just to get their defining armor, seems kind of ridiculous.

Does anyone else feel like the expectation is completely unreasonable?
    As someone with 3 allied races at cap and 3 sets of heritage armor, no, I do not feel that way at all. The fact that Blizz offers rewards for properly leveling new toons offsets some of the misery of doing so, as there is at least a carrot at the end of the stick.

The suggestion that they make it a reward of a mage tower-type challenge (for the sake of your own entitlement/convenience, no less) is an incredibly stupid idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I don't level a goblin, because I don't like them...or several other races / genders.

Why do you feel compelled to do something you dislike. And if you do it, because you like the reward, what s the point of this thread?
    The point is that people seem to think that these forums are a blog for airing their every grievance and unhappy thought.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Fact #1: Allied races should have never been locked behing reputation.
    Fact #2: Heritage armor for all allied races should be unlocked like Dwarf and Blood Elf armor will be unlocked: max level, exalted, do a scenario.
    This. I think the biggest requirement should have been a max level character, max level being whatever is max when the content is released, per faction and that is it. Just one and it could be any race.

Then once you level to max or boost then level, there is a quest like you say in fact 2 for the Armor. This would have been the best way to treat the Allied Races. And it would have been a cool way to get the armor or even make the armor rep based like the classic faction mounts and it be a faction you rep with while you level or something. As it stands now it seems backwards.

and to add on to this:
    Fact #3: Should be cross realm.

Especially for folks with a lot of characters on their respective realm already. I had to delete a character, thankfully very low level, so I could add one of my Allied Characters and I'm not a huge fan of multiple classes either, but oh well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fact #1: Allied races should have never been locked behing reputation.
    Fact #2: Heritage armor for all allied races should be unlocked like Dwarf and Blood Elf armor will be unlocked: max level, exalted, do a scenario.
    Look more like a couple of opinions to me

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    The Zandalari heritage armor its not interesting at all, so i'll just class change my draenei paladin and thats all. if i want a heritage armor for a Maghar, i'll just farm the Mannoroth's Tusk till death.

Leveling a new char from level 20 its a pain that im not endure anyways.
    leveling a mag'har is far more easy than farming those things ._. almost every orc warrior knows the pain of that endless farm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Time consuming ... and mind numbing
    And no one has a gun to your head forcing you to do it. If you can't stand leveling don't level. This isn't rocket science.

I hate PvP, so I don't PvP even when the rewards are nice. Do you see any topics from me whining about "wahhh I hate PvP but PvP has nice armor, why can't they just make it easy for me to get the reward without doing any of the stuff needed for it, omg so unreasonable, WoW sux omg QQ" ?

No, you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    There shouldn't even be a quest.

I mean, we are still waiting to play Zandalari.
    "so what, you wait till it comes out" you could say, but what if I wanted to main Zandalari? Just like I could main goblin when Cata came out, Draenei when TBC came out, Death Knight when Wotlk came out.

Imagine having to kill Keal'thas in TBC to unlock Blood Elfs. It would be very flavorful, but...would you really wanna do the attunment quests and the harsh TBC gearing all over again 6 months after already having put a lot of effort to your character.

Call me entitled, but I just think it's very damaging to the game, holding your biggest cards so tight to your chest.
    Call me non-entitled, but I personally find races with some lore and stuff behind getting them to be more interesting than, "new expansion, play as panda because feature on box."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Do you also feel forced to get 2000 rating for elite pvp set? Or to farm SoO to get Tusks of Mannoroth? Or any old raid set? Or raid current mythic to get current flashy set?

Why are people losing their minds over heritage armor sets? Why you feel forced to get them and not forced to get any other set? It's just a cosmetic, why you feel obliged to get them?

This is such a petty whine.
    Pretty much /thread right here. ^
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Most people have speculated that Zandalari and Kul'Tiran will not start at level 20 but probably much higher so that is a bonus.

And here I am sitting at ilevel 353 (lowest piece is my neck at 337) on my Mag'har priest in his heritage armor.