Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    Blizzard wouldn't dedicate the first panel of BlizzCon - where more eyes will be on their show than any other time - while also naming the panel "What's Next" and thinking that couldn't possibly stir the hopes of the Diablo fan base... and it only be a D2 remastered reveal.

It's going to be a D3 expansion.

Reaper of Souls only gave an additional act when it launched. The new expansion is going to give 3.
    I see what you're going for, here. Sort of a pseudo-sequel to Diablo 3, but still using the same engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Some persistent parts maybe?
    Like PoE then, I think that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    dungeons cralwers are even more dead than mmos, hopefully they are announcing the death of the franchise
    In eyes of many, only battle royal games exists right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I see what you're going for, here. Sort of a pseudo-sequel to Diablo 3, but still using the same engine?
    Diablo 3 doesn't even have proper developing team anymore and last D3 expansion was canceled..so yea.. I think chances for this are very slim.

Deleted
    I want a total skill-system rework. *cough* Path of Exile *cough *. And more content.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Like PoE then, I think that's okay.

In eyes of many, only battle royal games exists right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Diablo 3 doesn't even have proper developing team anymore and last D3 expansion was canceled..so yea.. I think chances for this are very slim.
    I agree, I was just trying to figure out his idea of a 'three act expansion'. It would make more sense if it was like a mini-sequel (his idea).

I shared that i expect a Diablo RPG (like witcher) or a Left 4 Diablo.

But what about? a new expansion for Diablo 3 but it adds a Diablo Editor? You can create new acts, new classes, new rifts, new challenge dungeons, etc and it would include assets to recreate diablo 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I shared that i expect a Diablo RPG (like witcher) or a Left 4 Diablo.

But what about? a new expansion for Diablo 3 but it adds a Diablo Editor? You can create new acts, new classes, new rifts, new challenge dungeons, etc and it would include assets to recreate diablo 1 and 2.
    I think people just want Blizzard's quality content, not browsing through trash and looking for good mods. At least in Diablo, where you have your permanent character.

Anyway, I think level editor could be nice and dandy but chances for another D3 act are pretty much non-existent. Maybe DLC character, but even this seems to be unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Depending on what kind of MMO it will be. It obviously won't be MMORPG in the traditional sense like WoW or Everquest. ARPG with some MMO elements here and there? That's possible or even likely.
    Oh ya for sure, but no one I know who is a Diablo fan is going to pay a monthly fee for it that I can tell you, some people are championing for that and I do not understand the want for it. D3 did just fine when reaper of souls fixed it.

Watch it be some lame game mode or something. I'd be really surprised if it was something outside of Diablo 3(like D4 or World of Diablo) but moderately surprised if it was a new expansion.

Also if it was a new game, wouldn't we have people posting about new copyright filings and stuff of that nature?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Fuck id play it if they just had a modern trade system. Diablo 3 has none, WOWs AH blows, and games like POE seem to be allergic to helping players trade.
    Well, i don't have a link on hand but GGG pretty much clearly explained why they're taking this approach.

Summing it up - trade is good for gameplay if it's not too convenient. Striving for balance is the key; if it's too hard to trade obviously no one would do it, but if it's something easy to do (like D3 AH or something like a trade post) then it becomes just way better than playing the game, because nothing can beat the time needed to click a button and immediately receive the item of your choice.

That's exactly one of the main reasons why D3 bombed initially. Trading was so easy (coupled with awful itemization) that people stopped playing and bought everything from AH. Instead, D2 and PoE had/have a system where trading is rewarding but you need to put effort in it so farming becomes consistent and a good way to get either items or currency.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Would be sick if it was a full on MMORPG
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    It's leaked/rumored to be a top down open world action rpg MMO like those Korean games.

Personally, I'm not excited about something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    It's leaked/rumored to be a top down open world action rpg MMO like those Korean games.

Personally, I'm not excited about something like that.
    Meh, while i don't think leaks are really to trust, i don't want a game like that too. Persistent outworld? Good, will be fun to see other players. M+ like dungeons as endgame? Would be awesome as you'd have many different things to run (and possibility to add more over time) and they'll be always relevant. WoW-like itemization/drop structure? Not exactly my choice but would be good enough.

All of there are MMO elements. However, if progression isn't tied to group activities and everything is scaled for solo/small groups then you'd have a blast of a game that imho doesn't even qualify as an MMO. There is Multiplayer, there is Online, but Massive is what they need to stay the hell away from. And Massive refers not to how many people bought and plays the game, it refers to how many people plays together on screen.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

DIABLO 4 very bad! I have played & removed after a day

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Would actually be somewhat refreshing. Diablo clones have been done to death so much by now, and they still just keep coming. Imagine having a Diablo game that isn't a Diablo clone. How refreshing would that be.

As for a Diablo MMO... Uhh. Do we need one? 14 years of WoW already, do we need another Blizzard MMO? Would it really offer anything new and exciting? Just the same old way every single MMO is made but just in the Diablo universe this time.
    Ever hear of Lost Ark?

It's like Diablo, but also like WoW, but totally different, yet similar. Ive read some reviews on the betas about it and how it would be a refreshing change to the genre. And before you say something like Devilian or Tree of Saviour, Lost Ark is nothing like them. If D4(MMO) can be like LA, I would be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, i don't have a link on hand but GGG pretty much clearly explained why they're taking this approach.

Summing it up - trade is good for gameplay if it's not too convenient. Striving for balance is the key; if it's too hard to trade obviously no one would do it, but if it's something easy to do (like D3 AH or something like a trade post) then it becomes just way better than playing the game, because nothing can beat the time needed to click a button and immediately receive the item of your choice.

That's exactly one of the main reasons why D3 bombed initially. Trading was so easy (coupled with awful itemization) that people stopped playing and bought everything from AH. Instead, D2 and PoE had/have a system where trading is rewarding but you need to put effort in it so farming becomes consistent and a good way to get either items or currency.
    It didn't bomb initially. It was panned but sold like gangbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Oh boy if its not D4 or a Diablo MMO...

Imagine a new xpac for D3 hahaha

GGG owning Blizzard on the H&S is a shame. Must be hard to be a D3 dev at the moment.

(tymen)
    I'd be perfectly happy with just another D3 expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It didn't bomb initially. It was panned but sold like gangbusters.
    No, the game bombed cause it was abysmally rare to get any legendaries at all and when you did they usually weren't anything you could use and if it was the rolls were probably bad. The endgame consisted of every player using the same kind of gear. Mempos and those two handed axes everyone wanted or perfectly rolled yellow weapons. Getting loot just wasn't fun.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bl.../1100-6462515/

So Blizz is apparently pushing back a bit on the rumors this is related to announcements, but it's still a bit vague and leaves things open.

Diablo Royale.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

I'd like to see one master world server and the exit of multiple server/worlds in the next Blizzard MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Diablo Royale.
    don't even fucking joke about that shit.