Thread: The UFC Thread

Hopefully Khabib doesn't get suspended lol, he is like the Mayweather of UFC.

Connor did worse things than Khabib, but Khabib brawled in front of 3 million viewer, it ruined the image of UFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both McGregor and Nurmagomendov will be temporarily suspended from the 15th by the NSAC, pending a hearing on the 24th that may indefinitely suspend either or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Both McGregor and Nurmagomendov will be temporarily suspended from the 15th by the NSAC, pending a hearing on the 24th that may indefinitely suspend either or both.
    I found its good that more and more people/media started to call Conor being not so innocent victim.

I really want to see Khabib vs Tony. This fight MUST happen.

Deleted
    Kebab is a clown, here's why

Bellator 208: Fedor Emelianenko Explains Why He Has Never Let Opponent 'Offend' Him - MMA Fighting.

MMAFightingonSBN
    Oct 10, 2018

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Khabib threatning to end his contract if the UFC fires his teammate
    Lol? Even dumber than I thought, sure he got skills but he is a stupid kid from caucasus..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA Fan View Post
    I found its good that more and more people/media started to call Conor being not so innocent victim.

I really want to see Khabib vs Tony. This fight MUST happen.
    I'm beginning to fear it never will, or it'll happen way past their prime.

So wtf is the deal. Did Khabib get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So wtf is the deal. Did Khabib get paid?
    dw im sure putin gave him a bonus check for services to country.

Made conor look like a little bitch, gotta be worth some of mother russia's reserves surely

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    whaaaat. Ok, the one and only time I will be pulling for Nunes hardcore. I hate Cyborg.
    BAD WOLF

https://www.reddit.com/r/ufc/comments/9townh/well_then/

I feel like I should explain the stuff I'm linking too, but then it wouldn't be as fun or surprising as if you actually just see it yourself. I'm rdy for ^

I was watching some of the WoW Arena championship (or w/e the fuck it was) on Twitch, and Mighty Mouse was there as a guest caster. He was being all nerdy talking about WoW too, kind of.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/ufc/comment...re_dick_pills/

I'm not giving context, once again.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope DC fucks this guy up.

What a boring fight man, glad I didn't go to bar and spend $ to watch this fight ... Lewis was only fighting this cuz he got hyped up from the UFC 229 fight, his skill is nowhere close to DC, only elite fighters like Jon Jones can challenge him.

The fans are quite obnoxious too lol, like everytime DC wrestles they just boo him, if they can't stand watching wrestling they should just go watch boxing or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    The fans are quite obnoxious too lol, like everytime DC wrestles they just boo him, if they can't stand watching wrestling they should just go watch boxing or some shit.
    I didn't watch the fight personally - can't comment on it exactly.

However wrestlers are usually the most boring fighters. It honestly feels like lay and pray kind of style with "baby" punches just so the ref doesn't stand it up. I mean, wrestling is fun when they just rag doll people around and do nasty ground and pound. Problem with that is throwing and slaming people around is tiring as fuck and serious ground and pound risks dominant position if you go all out. It is effective style, no doubt about it, but it is boring to watch despite all the skill required to keep opponent pinned down as most of the time it doesn't seem to lead to a clear and definitive finish.

I mean, people are usually not complaining about submission artists because even the "casuals" can see the guy is attempting to choke the opponent out or break their limbs. Wrestlers have to break the resolve first and then either get the TKO or take free submission. Strikers who aren't KO artists are not fan favourites as well. If you don't have surgical precision or one-punch power, you better be tough motherfucker and brawl it out to win hearts of fans.

In short, people like finishers and wrestlers test the will more than skill and chin.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    I literally said out loud "what do these f_ggots want" or something, talking to my computer monitor at 12:30 AM because I was so shocked that people were booing for wrestling. Idk if it's UFC fans in general or my fellow NYers, but I was annoyed by that too.

I agree that Lewis was nowhere on par with DC, and he only got the fight because he talked some entertaining shit last UFC. Not only does he not have the skill, but he JUST fought in the last UFC, so fighting in this one was dumb.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Despite what people say, they want a 'real' WWE...something MMA has gravitated towards way too much imo. It's not just all the drama and shit talking, they want to watch uberfit(middle weight classes and up) people make other people bleed with crazy punches and backflip head kicks. Watching a fat old dude lay on top of someone is not remotely what they want to watch anymore.

And to be honest, I respect the ground game and body control, but I'd rather watch a master Judo/Jujitsu person than a wrestler. Wrestling is fucking boring in MMA. Ironically, real wrestling is more exciting b/c you don't have to defend yourself from punches and other shit so there is just a lot going on with the hands and positioning that wrestlers can't do in MMA since they will get elbowed in the face.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Lewis should never have been in that fight, it was a mismatch the minute it was announced. Guy had a month of prep to handle a style he wasn't strong against, and his cardio is dogshit.

Not to mention he spent the majority of his last fight a month ago having the shit beaten out of him. Dana jumped the gun on this guy, should have let him slow burn into late 2019 with a few more fights and better conditioning.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They announced yesterday Mayweather vs some japanese kid for Rizin on Dec 31st. How much fucking money did they give him??

10+ Year Old Account
    He's going against an MMA Kickboxer in a rules to be determined fight?

If this is anything but a boxing match, he's done for.

damn, this johnny walker is a cool guy. i want to see him fight more.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, johnny is definitely cool. i think i've got a new crush.

also, ponzinibbio could have finished that fight in round two. was kinda fucked up to drag it out like that.

Can someone figure out what channel the Fight Night is tonight? https://m.ufc.com/event/ufc-australia-2018

Cause otherwise I'm just gonna find a fucking stream. Idk why they make it so hard to say "watch in FS1" or something.