Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think you're deliberately painting my actions incorrectly. I didn't back off of Marack because I was scared of being killed by him. I backed off of him because I spent the entire day phase telling him I only ever wanted him to claim. I wasn't pushing a lynch on him to lynch him. I did it because that was the only way to get him to claim.

I also made it clear that I did not fear death. I even speculated that it would be better if he used it on me as it would've avoided the worst case scenario...which unfortunately ended up playing out anyway. In short, Marack wasn't after petty revenge. If he were, he'd have targeted me. He made a shot in the dark.

Yet that's all something we've already discussed at length at this point so bringing it up again feels odd...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    How is it not useless? Every power we've seen so far except Marack's has been pretty weak, right? If a mafia tracker tracks a person leaving at night - boom, TPR - either orchestrate a lynch or kill the next night.
    Posts like this make me wonder how you don't know that every VT has some sort of night ability that would show them leaving their house and visiting someone.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Posts like this make me wonder how you don't know that every VT has some sort of night ability that would show them leaving their house and visiting someone.

Interesting.
    You know what? I honestly didn’t think of that.

I guess in this particular game it’s not strong but in a vacuum it is
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    (1) How is it not useless? Every power we've seen so far except Marack's has been pretty weak, right? If a mafia tracker tracks a person leaving at night - boom, TPR - either orchestrate a lynch or kill the next night.

(2) I'm responding to the posts you write towards me. Whether you think I'm mafia or not is irrelevant to how difficult it is for me to remember all the he said she said and the thread's at 26 pages... that's a LOT to reread. I see a mention or quote notification and I respond to what I see there.

(3) Except he kind of did, or at least it seemed like it. Marack made the soft-claim about being a "VT with a revenge kill" without using the revenant word and Graeham still prodded until Marack hard-claimed the specifics, only backing off when Marack threatened to use it on him. To me, that feels really scummy, because a mafia knows if he dies it's a lot harder to win. They have less numbers and can ill-afford losses. It could also be because my napkin mental math of Graeham dying as town vs scum is off as to at what the point of no return might be. We have no evidence for a doctor after all.

(4) Also, obviously:

"Why didn't you try to deny the scum claim against you?" -Dendrek

Well, because I can't prove I'm not without painting a giant target on my face.
    1) Since it has already been pointed out that a mafia tracker is useless this game, do you still have Zexism as a top scum candidate?

2) This is a bad excuse. If you haven't caught up on the thread, it would be better to say "Let me read what I've missed then I'll respond to you," than to give a response that lacks current context. If you are still going to give a response that lacks current context, say that's what you're doing. Some questions can be answered on the spot. But questions like "What are your current reads" need to be informed or clarified or else you're going to be called out for looking like you don't care.

3) I did not get the impression he unvoted because Marack said "Revenant." From the way the discussion progressed, it appeared that Graeham was mulling over the claim and other things that were being said at the time, and then unvoted. Certainly my interpretation of the sequence could be wrong, but your interpretation doesn't make sense. Why, if he doesn't want to die, would Graeham continue harassing Marack after Marack has already threatened to kill him?

4) You could point out what you've done to help town. You could explain the points that I've argued were suspicious. You could ask me clarifying questions for why I thought you were scummy. You could provide your impression of other players or current/past events to show you're paying attention and have meaningful insights. You can't prove you're town. But there are a lot of ways to show that your mindset is that of a town player.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Krayzy, will you be able to provide an updated reads list?

catching up on pd48 for a while
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

I mean, if you're admitting to being scum, you could just say it. Torture is a big excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I mean, if you're admitting to being scum, you could just say it. Torture is a big excessive.
    If you don't like almost half naked girls dancing, well that's on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Vote Nef

I'm certain Nef is scum. There is some small part of me that is not certain Virothe is. This, I think, is a slightly more safe play.

- - - Updated - - -

I should be around by the day's end. I will switch if necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Friendly reminder:

Deleted
    Vote Count:

Code:
    Virothe      : 1 Robo#512,
    Nefarious Tea: 1 Dendrek#528,

Not voting: 6- Dupti, Graeham, Krayzy, Nefarious Tea, Virothe, Zexism

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Hm actually at the moment I feel more like lynching Krayzy simply because he has been so passive especially considering it's mylo but meh.

Also Dendrek, I'm not saying Graeham is scum but just like you called out someone else for not actively attempting to solve the game in mylo I'll say the same thing applies for Graeham, he hasn't really attempted to do anything this game ever since the Marack claim.

I'm not sure who to place my vote on yet, but I will vote before deadline

- - - Updated - - -

I'd actually really like some more claims but not sure we have enough time

I haven't done much since I'm unsure as to how to proceed. I'm used to playing recklessly and reacting to things on the fly, though that isn't wise when things play out as badly as they have...so I'm more subdued in my approach this time around. I've said it before, many times in fact, that I dislike being Town. I guess I'm the opposite of Danner - I dislike being Town for the similar reasons as to why he dislikes being Scum.

What I will say is that Dendrek is at the top of the list of players I am willing to trust. Not only because he's sticking his neck out for me, either. His attempt at getting things done and approaching things feels 'right' to me.

So, I'm willing to follow his lead. For better or for worse. Consider my vote on Nef, too. I'll vote if/when people feel it is wise for me to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Also Dendrek, I'm not saying Graeham is scum but just like you called out someone else for not actively attempting to solve the game in mylo I'll say the same thing applies for Graeham, he hasn't really attempted to do anything this game ever since the Marack claim.
    Weird, you mean to say that Dendrek is hypocritical with something else concerning Graem? Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I haven't done much since I'm unsure as to how to proceed. I'm used to playing recklessly and reacting to things on the fly, though that isn't wise when things play out as badly as they have...so I'm more subdued in my approach this time around. I've said it before, many times in fact, that I dislike being Town. I guess I'm the opposite of Danner - I dislike being Town for the similar reasons as to why he dislikes being Scum.

What I will say is that Dendrek is at the top of the list of players I am willing to trust. Not only because he's sticking his neck out for me, either. His attempt at getting things done and approaching things feels 'right' to me.

So, I'm willing to follow his lead. For better or for worse. Consider my vote on Nef, too. I'll vote if/when people feel it is wise for me to do so.
    The problem I ahve is everytime someone mentions your name you respond pretty much instantly but you aren't really trying to progress the game. You are just defending yourself all the time. I mean I wasn't even pushing you or calling you scum. Your are putting so much energy into defending yourself and if you are town I'm just having trouble understanding why you aren't looking for a valid lynch considering we are in mylo. So who do you actually want to lynch and why?

What I will say is that Dendrek is at the top of the list of players I am willing to trust. .
    I mean ya, If someone was defending me to the extent that Dendrek has stuck his neck out for you I would have a lot of trust in them as well. The issue is though that Dendreks defense of you is entirely hypocritical to how he's been trying to direct others to play, which inherently makes me feel suspicious of you now because I have to wonder why he's willing to go so far.

Graeham if you are town and if Dendrek is as well you still need to realise he is not the only town player left, so you just blindly sheeping him in mylo and not bothering to do anything yourself except show up to defend yourself if someone mentions you really isn't helping town at all. Actually for what it is worth I am town and you are making me trust the Dendrek+Graeham camp less and less, so no matter what your alignment is, what you are doing is not helping you at all

I haven't really been defending myself to the degree that people are implying. I post a lot, sure, but that happens every game. When I do not know what to do, I tend to look to the guidance of other players who I trust and put my faith in them. I've done it many times before - it isn't new.

I also stated at the very start of the day that I had no issue being today's lynch. If people distrust me, then they should lynch me. I don't care much for the idea of being spared this day phase only for people to conveniently decide that I have to be lynched tomorrow. I'm not about to let scum exploit such a scenario at my expense. It's an unconventional tactic to be sure but...the alternative is needlessly exhausting.

If you are town it would be better for you to act like it instead of just stating that you aren't going to contribute and if people don't like it they should just lynch you.

- - - Updated - - -

There are several players I don't trust at the moment however I'm well aware several of them are town. If you are just going to give up because you can't be bothered, yeah I'm not even going to comment on that actually

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify I'm not saying you are scum, I'm asking you to contribute to the game if you are town

I haven't really been defending myself to the degree that people are implying. I post a lot, sure, but that happens every game. When I do not know what to do, I tend to look to the guidance of other players who I trust and put my faith in them. I've done it many times before - it isn't new.

I also stated at the very start of the day that I had no issue being today's lynch. If people distrust me, then they should lynch me. I don't care much for the idea of being spared this day phase only for people to conveniently decide that I have to be lynched tomorrow. I'm not about to let scum exploit such a scenario at my expense. It's an unconventional tactic to be sure but...the alternative is needlessly exhausting.
    But the whole point of the game is to trust nothing... if you "often" put your trust and faith in people that could be exploited by the Mafia.

- - - Updated - - -

Addendum: I have a bunch of RL stuff to take care of but I've set a end of Day -2 hours alarm so I'll post more stuff then.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    If you are town it would be better for you to act like it instead of just stating that you aren't going to contribute and if people don't like it they should just lynch you.
    It's a silly approach. How many games do I need to play for people to work out that I do not play in a conventional manner? Trying to paint my actions as 'scum' or 'town' is often a recipe for disaster. This is often why it is the better choice to either lynch me or make use of a kill ability to remove me from the player pool, which is exactly what I advocated for during this game.

Expecting me to somehow be some amazing player who solves things every game is silly. We all have 'off' games. We all have 'good' games. What matters is whether or not a particular player is trying - and if you think I've not been trying this game then I don't know what to tell you...

I trust Dendrek not only because he is defending me but because he seems to recognise the nuances in the situation. You need to ask yourself why, yet again, a game is largely revolving around me. This isn't a case of me spamming the game with quirky posts. I've deliberately avoided that this time around.

The game is certainly not revolving around you lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'm calling you out for not doing anything, you admit you aren't doing anything today but just sheepnig Dendrek. Everything else you are saying at the moment is irrelevant