Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I've never been kicked from an island apart from when 2 guys from the same guild thought it'd be funny to kick me right before the end
    Interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc08b844d6bf; 2018-10-13 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Dude this is why people vote you out of Islands. Same fucking thing essentially. You kill elite doggo, elite doggo give you 150 azerite. And he drops a ball that heals your group and increases your dmg/healing done for a time.

Like I said, your entire argument boils down to whether or not your group's dps sucks. I'm sorry but I'm usually pulling 30-50 mobs at once and we're getting way more azerite from that than collecting a couple chests along the way. Not to mention we're getting quite a lot more experience overall, and LOOT. More chests you open and nodes you mine, less rares you can even kill.
    There's a reason it was a big surprise to everyone that killing rares ended up increasing the odds of getting cosmetic drops.

It's because far more people were going about it the faster way of mining everything, killing the azerite elementals and mining all of that too.

Tradu is actually right here. While your way is the way I prefer to do it because I enjoy the drops more than the expeditions, it doesn't change what the faster way is.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fanboy View Post
    Interesting.
    There's a reason for "apart from".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    For most it is actually more fun taking 15 minutes with decent people instead of finishing it in 12 min but have to play with presumptous assholes like OP.
    But decent players would actually try to finish fast.

Interesting.
    How you can't read yet still try to act snarky sure is.

Ill be doing expeds for the rest of the expansion, so Im going to clear them as quickly as possible. Without any effort, I have about 1/3 of the pets and quest items so far, so there is no reason for me to change. If people want to farm rares in my group, by all means, go ahead. I'm going to kill anything that's shining blue on the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    He quite clearly makes a statement of 'I have never been kicked' and then instantly goes back on that statement to provide evidence of a time when he was kicked.

I guess this discussion is a bit off topic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    How you can't read yet still try to act snarky sure is.
    Oh the irony.
    Last edited by mmoc08b844d6bf; 2018-10-13 at 04:32 PM.

He quite clearly makes a statement of 'I have never been kicked' and then instantly goes back on that statement to provide evidence of a time when he was kicked.

I guess this discussion is a bit off topic anyway.
    I have never had Chinese food aside from the time I threw up after eating it.

That is still a factual statement, it doesn't "Go back on anything".
    It's saying x has never happened, except for the situation of y.

Deleted
    I have never had Chinese food aside from the time I threw up after eating it.

That is still a factual statement, it doesn't "Go back on anything".
    It's saying x has never happened, except for the situation of y.
    The 'I have never been kicked' is a factual statement which was made incorrect in the same sentence. Therefore the 'I have never been kicked' part of the sentence should never have been included when he has in fact been kicked.

There's a reason it was a big surprise to everyone that killing rares ended up increasing the odds of getting cosmetic drops.

It's because far more people were going about it the faster way of mining everything, killing the azerite elementals and mining all of that too.

Tradu is actually right here. While your way is the way I prefer to do it because I enjoy the drops more than the expeditions, it doesn't change what the faster way is.

Faster for the purposes of leveling? I beg to differ. But I'm not about to go through the trouble of proving it. I think the argument that it depends on how much dmg your group is capable of is reasonable. :\

But ok let's say that it was like a little faster, I don't think that would make it the best way to level up SO I would have to defer to preferring more drops because spending a little more time can very well get you gear that will help you at max level and a lot of ap (from quest turn ins) so you're off to a good start from leveling.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-10-13 at 04:43 PM.

There is that there azerite counter on the top, whatever makes that go up faster is what I do, if people get mad and stamp their little feet because I want to get the bar filled as fast as possible then thats their problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Faster for the purposes of leveling? I beg to differ. But I'm not about to go through the trouble of proving it. I think the argument that it depends on how much dmg your group is capable of is reasonable. :\

But ok let's say that it was like a little faster, I don't think that would make it the best way to level up SO I would have to defer to preferring more drops because spending a little more time can very well get you gear that will help you at max level and a lot of ap (from quest turn ins) so you're off to a good start from leveling.
    Oh okay, so you want to level up fast! But not thaaaat fast. So people being to slow by will be kicked and people being too fast will be kicked. Got it.
    I sure hope you have a macro explaining your little arrangement for people when you join in groups. Otherwise doing anything with you would be more hellish than I thought it would be

The 'I have never been kicked' is a factual statement which was made incorrect in the same sentence. Therefore the 'I have never been kicked' part of the sentence should never have been included when he has in fact been kicked.
    Only an English teacher or grammar nazi would complain or even notice that. Any other person would fully understand the meaning.
    Last edited by zyx; 2018-10-13 at 04:53 PM.

I love how people are just convinced that it's not possible for some groups to simply have far better damage than others and that something they could not have possibly tested enough to be sure is "faster/more efficient" simply is how they say it is. Lulz.

AFAIK I'm the only person in here I am aware of that tried it both ways and a few others, and found out that I'm spending less time gaining each level by zerging the ever living shit out of mobs/rare farm, as well as also having to complete far fewer Islands per level. Sounds like everyone else went with what felt better to them and stuck with it, didn't even try doing more dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Oh okay, so you want to level up fast! But not thaaaat fast. So people being to slow by will be kicked and people being too fast will be kicked. Got it.
    I sure hope you have a macro explaining your little arrangement for people when you join in groups. Otherwise doing anything with you would be more hellish than I thought it would be

Only an English teacher or grammar nazi would complain or even notice that. Any other person would fully understand the meaning.
    I like your assumption that I didn't understand the meaning just because I pointed out the flaws in the sentence structure.

Have we decided what the most efficient way to Island Expedition is yet?
    Last edited by mmoc08b844d6bf; 2018-10-13 at 05:22 PM.

LUL OP trying to be an elitist in normal mode.

what a pathetic human.

Jester Joe sucking OP's cock or why is this thread still open?

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    You have fun taking 15min to finish your island expeditions, Wish I could be entertained this easily.
    Time matters little if you are enjoying yourself.

"if you're bad at the game" lol. So I guess everyone should play how you want them to play otherwise they are bad, eh?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Report the thread or bring it up to one of the mods for this forum section if you think there's an issue.

I do not moderate this forum, there's a list of mods who do on the forums for a reason. Here I'm just another poster. That would be why I have the forums I do mod in my signature, so there shouldn't be any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    How are you not instantly banned for even posting this trite?

No really should why people are going mad at the OP. He may have not put it in a kind way, but hes right.
    Most people who are doing islands are doing it to:

a) Farm Items
    b) Earn Easy Exp
    c) Complete weekly (for 2500AP)

Both a) and b) need players to avoid looting/mining and just focus on trash/rares, as you'll maximise both loot and xp doing it this way.
    c) is the only issue here, I can't fault people for wanting to finish it fast, but respect people who want to xp and loot. Its a bit like those who leave a dungeon after the boss they wanted dies and don't bother finishing it with others.

Personally, if I wanted to finish the weekly, i'd do it on heroic since I can gather from the island more (gain 9000 per island instead of 6000) making the grind a few items less. I'd use normal for xp and farming items.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Nobody gives a shit about your opinion. We play the game to have fun.
    Fun is subjective. YOU are not everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanshou View Post
    No really should why people are going mad at the OP. He may have not put it in a kind way, but hes right.
    Most people who are doing islands are doing it to:

a) Farm Items
    b) Earn Easy Exp
    c) Complete weekly (for 2500AP)

Both a) and b) need players to avoid looting/mining and just focus on trash/rares, as you'll maximise both loot and xp doing it this way.
    c) is the only issue here, I can't fault people for wanting to finish it fast, but respect people who want to xp and loot. Its a bit like those who leave a dungeon after the boss they wanted dies and don't bother finishing it with others.

Personally, if I wanted to finish the weekly, i'd do it on heroic since I can gather from the island more (gain 9000 per island instead of 6000) making the grind a few items less. I'd use normal for xp and farming items.
    Well thank you 1st time poster, appreciate it. And echo basically the same sentiment. Why are people even doing normal unless they're lvling or 120 and farming xmog/pets/rares anyways? It doesn't even make sense. Even if you're speeding through it the reward makes it not worthwhile.

I mean just go do heroic and nobody is gonna mess with you for wanting to mine and collect your way through it, that's what most people are doing on heroic anyways.