Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    So it wasn't leaked? Because I'm pretty sure it was leaked, the original story states as much. I'm not manufacturing anything, I'm saying it stinks. Badly. I never said Ford made this decision, but if you're going to stand there and tell me there's nothing behind the curtain, I've got some swampland in Florida to sell you.
    I think the timeline was Feinstein got the letter then proceeded to submit it to the committee which left it open to be examined by senators from both sides. It is assumed that an aide leaked the letter then reporters figured out who she was that was when she decided to come forward to tell her story on her own terms. There is really nothing fishy about the timing quite the opposite republicans made it pretty clear nothing she could say would stop the confirmation.

If you were going to use it for nefarious reasons the best move would have been to use it early so the story could drag on even further. The republican party has supported a pedophile even if Kavanaugh was a serial killer they would have confirmed him McConnell made that publicly clear from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yet just an accusation of it is enough right now to get them fired and ostracized into nothingness.

it's not right, none of this is right. nobody should be ruined over an accusation.
    completely agree, it is insane. what times are we living in ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you can't tell if Tom, Dick, or Harry are mistaken or lying, then you're acknowledging that they might be telling the truth. This wouldn't be enough to justify a criminal conviction, but otherwise, yes, the possibility that it's true is enough. If you found out your kid's teacher was accused of molesting a student, do you want him to keep teaching students while it's investigated, even if that investigation takes months? Or do you want him put on leave so he can't victimize anyone else in the event that it turns out the accusation was well-founded?

That an accusation is enough to get someone to step aside while it's worked out is standard procedure. Again, we are not talking about criminal convictions. Just whether or not there's any possible validity to the accusation. If it could be true, you have to act as if it is true, or you're in a situation where you supported that individual knowing what they might have done. While it's unfortunate when it turns out the accusation was nothing, it's so much worse when it turns out to have been true. See the above example of a teacher accused of molesting students. Assuming the accusations are false just leaves him in a position to victimize more children, which is why he's going to be put on leave the moment the accusation is made, until it's cleared up, because the risk of it being true is too great.
    Well you are right (really good point about teacher), I just would like that people that lie about such serious stuff being severely punished (and person that have been accused should be getting compensation for damages), but instead we just see them getting a slap on their hands and nothing more (while they keep lying more and more) ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Nope, going to cut you off right there, because here's where you start making shit up.

Ford's already explained her timing. She didn't want to get involved, and only let Feinstein identify her once it was clear nothing else was going to upset Kavanaugh's nomination. There was nothing "convenient" about it whatsoever; this whole endeavour has been a huge inconvenience to Ford.

You're literally manufacturing a conspiracy theory, here.
    This is comical.

It's not even a conspiracy. The moment Kavanaugh got confirmed, she said she didn't want to pursue charges. The democrats dropped her like a bad habit the second she stopped being useful to them.

The whole thing was to delay the confirmation in hopes of gaining majority of the senate in November. It was a disgusting circus.

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    This is comical.

It's not even a conspiracy. The moment Kavanaugh got confirmed, she said she didn't want to pursue charges. The democrats dropped her like a bad habit the second she stopped being useful to them.

The whole thing was to delay the confirmation in hopes of gaining majority of the senate in November. It was a disgusting circus.
    But that only works if you ignore facts like how she was forced to come out, that she said from the start she didn't want to press charges or the fact that she raised the concern when Kavanaugh was just on the consideration list not even a nominee. Unless you think she has psychic powers and knew who it was going to be beforehand you are not making much sense.

Also why do you think democrats would have the power to delay? republicans have the majority and made it clear they were going to ram whoever through. It's not like they have morals this is the party that fully supported and endorsed Roy Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But that only works if you ignore facts like how she was forced to come out, that she said from the start she didn't want to press charges or the fact that she raised the concern when Kavanaugh was just on the consideration list not even a nominee. Unless you think she has psychic powers and knew who it was going to be beforehand you are not making much sense.

Also why do you think democrats would have the power to delay? republicans have the majority and made it clear they were going to ram whoever through. It's not like they have morals this is the party that fully supported and endorsed Roy Moore.
    "But what about ___!"

And clearly they didn't have the power to delay, because it failed miserably, and united Republicans massively. Doesn't mean they weren't going to try.

"But what about ___!"

And clearly they didn't have the power to delay, because it failed miserably, and united Republicans massively. Doesn't mean they weren't going to try.
    It still makes no sense the democrats have zero power, they didn't try have to try anything Kavanaugh is so dirty the white house had to block the release of his record. Kavanaugh has been at the center of every dirty, scummy partisan decision in the last decade there's no need to make up dirt on him. Also I don't know why people on the right like to pretend Gorsuch doesn't exist, you know the Trump supreme court justice that got voted in with 3 democratic votes and zero scandals.

This is selective reporting at best, Megyn Kelly is constantly talking about girl power/feminism on her show. She's just riding the current wave. Also she's a lawyer and knows that there are established anti-defamation laws.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is selective reporting at best, Megyn Kelly is constantly talking about girl power/feminism on her show. She's just riding the current wave. Also she's a lawyer and knows that there are established anti-defamation laws.
    shes also had to say no to a few dick suckings in her time too, so you can't blame her too much. When you worked for fox news were they focused on eye candy reporters, and then groped them and got caught for it later, it's going to light some fire in ones eyes eventually.

It still makes no sense the democrats have zero power, they didn't try have to try anything Kavanaugh is so dirty the white house had to block the release of his record. Kavanaugh has been at the center of every dirty, scummy partisan decision in the last decade there's no need to make up dirt on him. Also I don't know why people on the right like to pretend Gorsuch doesn't exist, you know the Trump supreme court justice that got voted in with 3 democratic votes and zero scandals.
    I already told you why. We were months away from an election. If you can delay it long enough to push it past Nov 6 and pray you get senate control, you just vote down everything your "evil boogeyman president" does. So yeah, keep trying to paint Brett as some scummy person, because it sure has worked wonders so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already told you why. We were months away from an election. If you can delay it long enough to push it past Nov 6 and pray you get senate control, you just vote down everything your "evil boogeyman president" does. So yeah, keep trying to paint Brett as some scummy person, because it sure has worked wonders so far.
    You realize there was literally nothing preventing the GOP from saying "you're right, Kavanaugh's iffy, let's go with Hardiman" back in September, right? They could've pushed that through and confirmed Hardiman instead, before the election, without any of this circus. It only became a circus because they dug their heels in and insisted on confirming a candidate who was increasingly flawed.

Only one party was putting politics ahead of process and ethics, here, and it wasn't the Democrats.

"But what about ___!"

[citation needed]
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Delay it how? again republicans never gave two shits about ethics and DEMOCRATS HAVE NO POWER. Gorsuch didn't have any problems because he wasn't a scumbag and Trump could have went with someone like him but he needed a swamp creature to protect him.

Delay it how?
    It's like talking to a brick wall.

All you need to do is make a false allegation, and it holds up the entire process for weeks.

DEMOCRATS HAVE NO POWER.
    Thank God.

You realize there was literally nothing preventing the GOP from saying "you're right, Kavanaugh's iffy, let's go with Hardiman"
    Sure, but there was nothing iffy about him. You insisted that there was with no evidence whatsoever, and then got appalled that he snapped back when you accuse him of gang rape. There's nothing iffy about him. You just don't want him on the SCOTUS because "your guy" didn't nominate him.
    Last edited by ablock87; 2018-10-13 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but there was nothing iffy about him. You insisted that there was with no evidence whatsoever, and then got appalled that he snapped back when you accuse him of gang rape. There's nothing iffy about him. You just don't want him on the SCOTUS because "your guy" didn't nominate him.
    Over a dozen complaints of judicial misconduct.
    Credible accusations of sexual improprieties.

Evidence for all of these.

You either have no idea what's being discussed, or you're lying.

Over a dozen complaints of judicial misconduct.
    Credible accusations of sexual improprieties.

Evidence for all of these.

You either have no idea what's being discussed, or you're lying.
    Me thinks you're the little fibber, but you're too deluded in the way of you're thinking. I mean, ffs, her own friends say this never happened. Zero corroboration. Zero evidence. She doesn't know when. She doesn't know where. It's all a joke and it's a joke of a smear campaign.

"My side believes this, so I'm going to listen to them."

Enjoy yourself. Don't falsely accuse someone of heinous acts <3
    Last edited by ablock87; 2018-10-13 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me thinks you're the little fibber, but you're too deluded in the way of you're thinking. I mean, ffs, her own friends say this never happened. Zero corroboration. Zero evidence. She doesn't know when. She doesn't know where. It's all a joke and it's a joke of a smear campaign.
    Apparently this is new information to you, but testimony is evidence. And you're just straight-up ignoring the complaints of misconduct, which detail everything in specifics.

It's like talking to a brick wall.

All you need to do is make a false allegation, and it holds up the entire process for weeks.
    Irony

Do you have any idea of Kavanaugh's history? you clearly do not since you think being a rapist is the worse thing about him. They had to block portions of his record because he is a Washington swamp monster.

Sure, but there was nothing iffy about him
    Pretty much evidence that you are completely clueless about Kavanaugh's track record, to say there is nothing iffy about him is like saying there's nothing smelly in a swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I kinda wish people would stop missing the point about Kavanaugh and the current GOP.

They just want to secure more power. This isn't about women, or not believing victims, or anything else. (I mean, you know they all believed Ford, they simply don't care)

Bart Brett could have pulled out a baby and started eating it in front of Grassley and he still would have been confirmed. Because all they care about is consolidating more and more power as fast as they can. Stop bickering over "believing survivors" and framing it as "Men vs Women" or other stupid shit that just divides people. Realize that they don't care about any of us and come together to vote the fuckers out.
    Yeah it seems obvious to me, unfortunately the voter base doesn't seem to give a shit either. It's depressing.

Oh, I think a lot of people give a shit. But of course the people that are the most pissed off about what happened already live and vote in blue states. It's gonna be up to North Dakota again to decide the course of this country, lol.

7+ Year Old Account

"My side believes this, so I'm going to listen to them."

Enjoy yourself. Don't falsely accuse someone of heinous acts <3
    So you’re a liar? Her friends did not say it didn’t happen.

You also just accused someone of a heinous act, hypocrite.