Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Completely agree with this. Classic will outperform "live" by a LONG stretch.
    Joke of the year. I am still laughing. Thanks for that. Classic will fail so hard, it will be the funniest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Literally impossible, because BFA's launch sales were 3.4 mil just on one day, so for the subscriptions at launch to be 3.2mil 200k people who bought the game would have to be sub-less and that's without preorders and so on.
    Thats a small enough portion of 3.4 mil that I would believe it. I'm sure a lot of people bought the game before hand and quit never to come back in the months leading up to BFA.

Is Blizz on damage control? No forum posts on their officual forums in the past 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    There's a huge disscusion about current number of active WoW subs so I decided to do a little bit of research.

According to Realm Pop, "the biggest website that shows you population statistics on the players' characters in World of Warcraft", there's a total of 3,793,361 characters at level 120.

When it comes to EU: https://realmpop.com/eu.html
    Change the level range to 120 - 120 and you will see that EU has a total of 2 064 760 characters at level 120 (including alts).

When it comes to US: https://realmpop.com/us.html
    Change the level range to 120 - 120 and you will see that EU has a total of 1 728 60 characters at level 120 (including alts).

Of course there's no statistics for Asian servers.

According to these statistics amount of total players since BFA launch are really not far off from 3.2m.

What do you think about this?
    I think that using stats from a site that base their numbers from a addon that only a really small numbers use is not a good way to get a accurate picture.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm one of those people. It's a cost I don't mind, it's not a mindblowing sum of money to have spent. Further towards to end of the expansion, I'll actually get a little use out of it when I level my main.
    Why pre-order/day one then? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until a sale and save more money?

That being said, and taking you at your word, it's still reasonable to assume those pre-order/day one purchases were utilized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    If you know a more accurate source, then by all means go ahead and post it. Blizzard themselves chose to stop reporting sub numbers once the decline started.
    theres none accurate, which makes threads like this pointless
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I really hope Blizzcon will show us a Diablo MMO. It almost seems like they do it on purpose, to make WoW suck, so that people are pissed and stop playing it and are more likely to buy/play a new upcoming MMO. Can not explain otherwise, why they keep doing dumb stuff like 90% of BfA has. I mean at this point even WoD was better, WoD had no content, sure. But BfA has content that totally sucks ass and that is much more frustrating than having no content at all.
    Last edited by nodq; 2018-10-15 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistmitpandas View Post
    Joke of the year. I am still laughing. Thanks for that. Classic will fail so hard, it will be the funniest thing ever.
    We'll see who's laughing when we can directly compare.

Deleted
    Yup if you match up thing its correct, i my self have 2 on lvl 120 going for a third one and 4 at lvl 110.... SO..8.1.0 aint out yet and in my opinion its a STORY DISASTER PATCH , addddddddd it will be timegated for SURE.

Sad to say , wow might not "live" to 8.2.0.

hate to join the crowd, but wow if its not dead , its Closing in to the deaths door

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Thats a small enough portion of 3.4 mil that I would believe it. I'm sure a lot of people bought the game before hand and quit never to come back in the months leading up to BFA.
    @bigjason

I already corrected that post, but people don't read further on so I keep getting notifications about it. Yes, it's possible people bought it and then didn't play it, but that doesn't change the other main variable, i.e that people buy the game after Day 1. The lowest selling + preorder expansion is Mists, which at one week had 2.7mil. Yet at its lowest point it had 6.8million, so other people obviously bought it later on.

But this is all moot, because we're discussing absolute nonsense. Their claim is that someone else told them that a third party within Blizzard accidentally showed these numbers about subscriptions somewhere. There's no picture evidence that either the second or third group exist or that this leak ever happened. That people latched onto it and are discussing it as gospel truth boggles the mind. Same with people discussing dropoff even though the claim for that dropoff happening is in that same nonexistent source.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    No, it's not pointless. Even if the numbers aren't accurate (the twitter feed seemed to say asia wasn't included) then it's still showing a massive dropoff of active accounts. I'd say that's a clear signal that this expansion is being received even worse than WoD.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Jesus. Even WoD had 10 million subs at the start.

I guess releasing three terrible expansions in a row took their toll on subs.
    Legion was pretty solid. Most people liked it.... The core problem is that Blizzard took all the systems from Legion.. and made them worse, or smaller in scale. For example, the storyline= In Legion you had 1) The zone stories 2) Your order hall story 3)Suramar 4)Overarching Legion stories (Broken Shore, Argus, Invasions etc...) In BfA you have 1)Zone stories 2) Ghuun..sort of? depending on faction... 3)A "war" with the opposite faction... in which no actual fighting takes place during the initial 3-6 months of launch.../facepalm

Deleted
    it doesn't change my opinion that the game is gash. the numbers meant nothing to me in wotlk. because the game was great.
    numbers now are as expected. low because many obviously believe the game is garbage.
    the sub numbers if this info is correct show that. it appeals to a much smaller audience than it did back during wotlk. and people are jumping ship.
    Bad times for WoW I am afraid. and this is literally the first tier of an expansion.
    its only going to get worse or until the devs change it in a big way.

though I don't expect it to die. heres how they pull it back next expansion. They press the bolvar button and another expansion based around the lich king and other shit. just for those nostalgia feels. its systems will be as follows.
    justice and badge vendors added.
    tier is back
    no more titan forging.
    all new artifact weapons for each spec.
    mythic plus.
    cosmetic rewards.
    reforging
    and some other new features that probably seem good but anything at this point is an improvement on warfronts and islands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    not relly, if you look at all the other sites that do similar stuff, look up sails its correct, 2 of my friends bout the expansion, one didn't sup and the other quit after 1month .

Lots more of that , you can find anywhere. Stop being delusional

15+ Year Old Account
    @bigjason

I already corrected that post, but people don't read further on so I keep getting notifications about it. Yes, it's possible people bought it and then didn't play it, but that doesn't change the other main variable, i.e that people buy the game after Day 1. The lowest selling + preorder expansion is Mists, which at one week had 2.7mil. Yet at its lowest point it had 6.8million, so other people obviously bought it later on.

But this is all moot, because we're discussing absolute nonsense. Their claim is that someone else told them that a third party within Blizzard accidentally showed these numbers about subscriptions somewhere. There's no picture evidence that either the second or third group exist or that this leak ever happened. That people latched onto it and are discussing it as gospel truth boggles the mind.
    I'd say that anybody who doesn't like WoW enough to play on the launch day of an expansion won't touch a new expansion with the reviews it's been getting by the community.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

I'd say that anybody who doesn't like WoW enough to play on the launch day of an expansion won't touch a new expansion with the reviews it's been getting by the community.
    Except it's press for the first two weeks was pretty good, which is when further purchases would be made. See again, the Mists example, which had the worst early press out of any expansion purely because of the theme or WoD. All of them ultimately sold far more copies than their launch figures. And again, this entire thing is based on not just an unsourced claim but someone's description of an unsourced claim.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaman767 View Post
    The problem with BFA are the players not the developers.

People play this game WAY too much and burn out WAY to quick, then blame it on things like systems and devs.

I work 5 days a week but that doesn’t stop me from sinking 16 hours into this game on my days off. Even then, I have barely accomplished everything on my radar.
    No, the problem is that the devs insist on shit systems and refuse to listen to feedback on things like class design or balance until it hits live and is garbage, at which point it's too late.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

WoW Classic WILL be popular. The trick is to see if that popularity is sustainable for more than a few months (when the tourists get bored and leave).

15+ Year Old Account
    Except it's press for the first two weeks was pretty good, which is when further purchases would be made. See again, the Mists example, which had the worst early press out of any expansion purely because of the theme or WoD. All of them ultimately sold far more copies than their launch figures. And again, this entire thing is based on not just an unsourced claim but someone's description of an unsourced claim.
    Egh, it's all speculation anyway. Let me rephrase, I doubt anybody who by now still hasn't bought the expansion will do so now unless major changes happen.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Egh, it's all speculation anyway. Let me rephrase, I doubt anybody who by now still hasn't bought the expansion will do so now unless major changes happen.
    It'll get the token bumps over the patch cycles and whatever press comes, but yeah, WoW in general doesn't attract a new playerbase, which is why it'll continue slowly declining to an eventual core base.