Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krohgar View Post
    I'm just amazed how quickly people jump to, like Cold War rhetoric treating Blizzard like it's the Gestapo. It's a game. It's not like secret intelligence that could unhinge western democracy that needs to be repressed. If they really wanted to "silence" threads on sub numbers--they don't, it's been going on for over a decade--they could easily just have some of their brains edit a script that rejects posts and post titles containing certain keywords and links.

Making their forums unstable as they approach the most important PR event of their year to "silence" controversial sub discussions that have been happening for a decade requires mental hurtles to believe.

- - - Updated - - -

You're really overthinking it.
    Cold War and Gestapo ... yeah, credibility much. Maybe others are overthinking but you are far from basic thinking or at least knowledge.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Social features breaking like that has almost been a biweekly occurrence. Are you seriously implying Blizzard took down several social features, including guild chat and forums just because they wanted to limit something like the discussion on the sub numbers thing? That's some next level conspiracy theorizing. They damn well know most of the community discusses things on Discord, Twitter, Reddit or places like MMO-C.

- - - Updated - - -

Only guild chat is back up, they're still working on forums as of 10 minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...91215682146305
    Glad to see you've taken a break from monitoring the PTR to help squash some doomsayers.

Do you know why breaking the Forums breaks Guild Chat and vice-versa? Are the now linked due to Communities?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Good old tinfoil hats.

They're probably just having some issues. They also announced a while back that they're working on switching to the newer forums sometime soon so it might be related to that as well.
    right... they just so happen to have "forum issues" literally hours after a sub number leak.... christ how dense are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale00 View Post
    Wait what? I saw asmongolds video, but they're just mass deleting forum topics or something like that?
    Typical Blizzard, can't handle this level of negativity about one of their games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Heh. There was a bunch of threads in the official forums about the leaked numbers.

Now all those threads are Error 500'ing.

And only those threads. I can open any other thread no problem. But anything relating to the "subscriber leak" just happens to be having a server error.
    They are currently balancing those threads.

Coincidentally this happened when "sub numbers" threads started popping up.

hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    They are trying to hide the truth.

Cheers!
    Tinfoil is not fit for human consumption.

Social features breaking like that has almost been a biweekly occurrence. Are you seriously implying Blizzard took down several social features, including guild chat and forums just because they wanted to limit something like the discussion on the sub numbers thing? That's some next level conspiracy theorizing. They damn well know most of the community discusses things on Discord, Twitter, Reddit or places like MMO-C.

- - - Updated - - -

Only guild chat is back up, they're still working on forums as of 10 minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...91215682146305
    Dude it's Sturmbringe. He posts like this all the time with his usual "muh classic better than retail and little kids play retail" nonsense.

Huh, I wasn't taking this entirely seriously but now I can't help but wonder.

Regardless of the data's accuracy, it makes Blizzard look bad, though, so it makes sense to clean it up. But freezing the boards over it? Wow. That almost feels desperate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    But of course no one from Blizzard Mothership is ever going to read EU forums, so it hardly matters.
    Maybe times have changed, but I saw a lot more blue participation on EU boards than here in the past when I was active about such things.

I always assumed that this was because the EU boards tended to be a lot more docile than the US boards, where people actively look for reasons to get upset and start drama.

“lalala can’t hear you over these coincidences”
    t. Blizzard and their employees

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It's only the US forums, EU works fine
    NA as always beta testing so EU won't have any problems

Quote Originally Posted by Krohgar View Post
    mental hurtles to believe
    A Hurtle made it to the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Glad to see you've taken a break from monitoring the PTR to help squash some doomsayers.

Do you know why breaking the Forums breaks Guild Chat and vice-versa? Are the now linked due to Communities?
    Guild chat was moved over to the communities system when BfA launched. Forums probably use the same kind of authentication/session storage or something like that. Hard to say without insight into their infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    right... they just so happen to have "forum issues" literally hours after a sub number leak.... christ how dense are you?
    And how dense are you to believe they want to impact a lot of their customers (including in-game guild chat, communities, forums for multiple games and parts of customer support) by taking down their social systems like that? To delay the amount of people posting about sub numbers for a few hours which would happen regardless (and is happening, while there's no basis in fact for the sub numbers being legitimate) when they came back up? Christ, indeed.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-10-15 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    If you're frequenting these forums even though you've stopped playing the game, you know there's only one reason you're here: because if the ship eventually goes down, you want to be that guy who's standing by the edge of the cliff who'd smugly smile and says "told you so."

You're wasting your time because it's not going to happen. If you're not even playing the game, you have no idea what the current state of the game is.

I played a shitton this weekend and every possible in-game activity was filled with players, queues were short, and finding a M+ group didn't take longer than 10 minutes on average. None of the people I played with bitched about anything while consuming content and my guild was active all weekend.

Then you come on MMO-Champion and the GCD and all you see are threads that the game is dead, sucks, or will die. You guys are the ones living in fantasy-land. And it's truly pathetic that you cling to a game you have long stopped playing because you think somehow, your shitty armchair developer "advice" would somehow fix the game.

I used to be with one of those guys when I was younger (much younger) who'd stick around game forums and bitch about the state of the game non-stop, even after I'd stop playing the game. Now, I find that truly pathetic. Life is so short; stop wasting it by criticizing your old past-time to strangers who'll never remember you.
    Sorry that we hurt your feelings by criticizing your favorite game. Poor you :>

Blizzard is on full damage control because of that sub count leak.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Sorry that we hurt your feelings by criticizing your favorite game. Poor you :>
    Why are you still here? Azerite gear won't be revamped; RNG loot is here to stay; GCD will stay as-is; rotations will stay simple.

Because these systems are the foundations of this game that Blizzard will simply keep improving upon. If you haven't made your peace with that, you're wasting your time.

My feelings are far from hurt since (unlike you), I don't invest emotionally in the games I play anymore since I stopped being 17. Maybe you should as well and realize all of your gripes with this game are subjective because there are people who actually do enjoy them, as proven by the game's healthy participation rate (per my anecdotal experience at least).

Imagine being so out of touch where you think everything is fine right now.

Are the forums up now?

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    Why are you still here? Azerite gear won't be revamped; RNG loot is here to stay; GCD will stay as-is; rotations will stay simple.

Because these systems are the foundations of this game that Blizzard will simply keep improving upon. If you haven't made your peace with that, you're wasting your time.

My feelings are far from hurt since (unlike you), I don't invest emotionally in the games I play anymore since I stopped being 17. Maybe you should as well and realize all of your gripes with this game are subjective because there are people who actually do enjoy them, as proven by the game's healthy participation rate (per my anecdotal experience at least).
    Why I am here? Because this forum is more than WoW. I am not subbed, I am not planning to get subbed until they fix the core issues that you seem to love, a good portion of community reject.

You invest emotionally. In fact, you invest absurd amount of emotion to this game, that's why you are here defending the game. The moment someone criticize your game, you are triggered, rushing to defend.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-10-15 at 08:05 PM.

Official forums are blowing up.

People are angry....