Sony Recruiting For PlayStation 5 Campaign and Roadmap

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...d-Roadmap.html

It appears that Sony is gearing up for its next-generation PS5 campaign, looking to hire a Senior Product Manager to work on "[owning] the roadmap" for the company's next-generation console, whatever that may be. PlayStation 5, presumably.

"As part of this hands-on position you would work across Partners, Product and Engineering and contribute to development and growth of PlayStation Intelligence Platform," the job listing posted on LinkedIn reads. "You will own the roadmap for [the] next generation PlayStation campaign."

Spotted on the ResetEra forums, the position that Sony is looking to fill suggests that the PlayStation 5 might not be as far off as we might think, and indeed, another position has been recently spied, looking for a Senior Software Engineer tasked with "developing platforms that enable delivering intelligent experiences to next generation of PlayStation devices."

It's all very compelling, but Sony has yet to properly acknowledge PS5 as a thing, simply offering the occasional hint instead.
    Its starting to look like a PS5 announcement is coming next year (IMO) with maybe a Q1/Q2 2020 release.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I look at my PS4 library and it feels like this has been a really light generation in terms of games released, but then I compare PS3's list on Wiki (around 2100 titles) to PS4's current list (around 1800) and I guess there have been a lot I haven't paid much attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I look at my PS4 library and it feels like this has been a really light generation in terms of games released, but then I compare PS3's list on Wiki (around 2100 titles) to PS4's current list (around 1800) and I guess there have been a lot I haven't paid much attention to.
    Ya I only got like 80 or so physical Ps4 games but I have played more then that. Hopefully rumors hold true and the PS5 can play PS4 titles and maybe even older PS titles.

I'm honestly excited to see what gets announced.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I hope they don't change the controllers again other than giving them a less shit battery life, besides that the controllers are perfect now.

I just want the damn thing to have true backwards compatibility.

Let me insert my ps1 disc and it work off that or do it like PS2 is on PS4.

However we all know they just gonna put PS1-4 titles on PS Now and find some excuse to jack up the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

However we all know they just gonna put PS1-4 titles on PS Now and find some excuse to jack up the price.
    Jumping the gun a bit don't you think? Based on recent rumors and patents that may not be the case at all.

There is no way in hell PS4 titles aren't native BC. Not sure why people keep acting like this is a question.

They could get away with it last gen because Xbox One was also launching without BC. They launch without BC this gen they create a "jump off" point. If you play Overwatch on your PS4 they are going to want you to play it on your PS5, or Fortnite or any other meme GAAS game that prints them free money with MTs.

Native BC keeps people locked into their ecosystem from day 1, especially with how big GAAS have become.

This.

Though I don't want them to suddenly stop giving classic titles the Remaster treatment if they do go with the backwards compatibility route.

And I just recently bought the PS4 Pro with a 2TB Firecuda SSHD... /sigh

Bring on the PS5 !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, can't wait for remasters of PS4 games

/s
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Don't forget that many of those games on the PS4 list are just remasters or ports of games from the last generation and further back. Like I can look through my PS+ library and see like 30+ "PS4" games that I previously owned years back on the PC and PS3.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And I just recently bought the PS4 Pro with a 2TB Firecuda SSHD... /sigh

Bring on the PS5 !!
    Wait til mid-gen for the PS5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Jumping the gun a bit don't you think? Based on recent rumors and patents that may not be the case at all.
    I will happily bet you 10 grand that the BC is a newer version or PS Now 2.0

Or it requires PS Plus.

But I do agree let's wait and see at least. That's just what I think is gonna happen.

I think its a bit funny everyone is no longer screaming 'BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GRAFFIX' about a new console and almost across the board 'look at this fucking amazing library of disc based media you have, make it all run on it!' and i can't say i disagree. I seriously doubt its going to happen with ps3 games but i would not be surprised if we see ps1 and 2 games running on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I hope they don't change the controllers again other than giving them a less shit battery life, besides that the controllers are perfect now.
    Dumb thing is that light bar eats all the power, if you disable that it actually lasts pretty damn long.

That's just what I think is gonna happen.
    And it's a pretty asinine assumption since the only PS console to ever launch without native BC was the PS4, and they only got away with it because MS was shifting architectures at the same time and Nintendo well... Nintendo was trying to save the Wii U nothing to see there.

Sony isn't gonna create a jump off point from what will be a 100 mil install base of PS4s by time PS5 releases, when the competition ain't doing it as well.

PS4 native BC is a guarantee. 1 and 2 is probable, but could very well be pay walled behind classics, 3 is more sketch then those and could stick to PSNow only.

But PS4 BC? Literally guaranteed, I will eat a hat otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    And it's a pretty asinine assumption since the only PS console to ever launch without native BC was the PS4, and they only got away with it because MS was shifting architectures at the same time and Nintendo well... Nintendo was trying to save the Wii U nothing to see there.

Sony isn't gonna create a jump off point from what will be a 100 mil install base of PS4s by time PS5 releases, when the competition ain't doing it as well.

PS4 native BC is a guarantee. 1 and 2 is probable, but could very well be pay walled behind classics, 3 is more sketch then those and could stick to PSNow only.

But PS4 BC? Literally guaranteed, I will eat a hat otherwise.
    As long as it's a 10 grand hat eh Tech?

Hehe. Although to be fair while PS3 did have native BC it was wonky as hell. Original models didn't play every PS2 game and one example I know of for PS1 is FF8 Disc 4.

I do see PS5 getting native BC I won't deny that. But I see it involving some paywall like PS Plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Dumb thing is that light bar eats all the power, if you disable that it actually lasts pretty damn long.
    How do you disable it? My options only shows "Bright, Standard and Dim".

As long as it's a 10 grand hat eh Tech?

Hehe. Although to be fair while PS3 did have native BC it was wonky as hell. Original models didn't play every PS2 game and one example I know of for PS1 is FF8 Disc 4.
    Launch PS3s didn't have any issue with BC, they literally had PS2 chips inside of them. It was the next batch that came out that started to use software emulation instead of native hardware BC that had some shoddy emulation issues.

PS4 BC won't be pay walled, I would also eat a hat if that was the cause but the rest? Yea I could see that as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you disable it? My options only shows "Bright, Standard and Dim".
    If you want to, open it up and unplug it. On PC you can disable with DS4Windows or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Soon as you start using it on PC and Switch you cannot change that though unfortunately