Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yes, that would be what we'd normally refer to as "not Native American". I don't get how anyone finds the test exculpatory. I get that Warren's triumphalism about it is political; it's unseemly, but whatever, that's the current year. But the, "see, she really has Native ancestry" line seems like it's about on par with the old "checkmate, atheists!".
    I think she made a mistake indulging in Trump's lunacy. But now we're armed with the truth, for what good it does.

I dunno, overall, I don't see it as even being an issue. If this is the best they've got on Elizabeth Warren, then she'll run over Trump in 2020. We all, independent, Democrat or Republican alike, should be focused on her policies not on whether or not her native american ancestry has any meaning.

And as for Trump, he'll call her Pocahontas regardless of what evidence she offers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    No, darling. I'm already aware you're unaware of your arguments connection to collectivism, communism and Marx.
    Hurr durr Marxism.

Ugh. Not even going to bother. Take this as a win if you want.
    Putin khuliyo

Do people remember why this is a thing? She used it for her benefit at college.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    And eleven pages later, here comes lockedout with a point that's already been thoroughly debunked.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This is incorrect. There's no evidence to suggest that she claimed minority status to gain entry or a job at the college. It's already been discussed multiple times in the thread, maybe you should bother reading it rather than repeating debunked nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What an idiot, she is no more native American than me, I also have roots in my blood but at least I Look more native American than her with my darker skin tone, dark brown eyes and hair that looks almost black.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-native-ameri/
    Haha, it's great how desperate Trump and his minions are to find something to criticize democrats with. "She's not as native-american as I feel she made a claim to be".
    Btw, anyone supporting Trump should be very careful about using the word "idiot" when describing other people, since their emperor is the manifestation of stupidity. I don't think we should trust their analysis if they can get through any of his speeches without laughing sarcastically.
    Mother pus bucket!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is incorrect. There's no evidence to suggest that she claimed minority status to gain entry or a job at the college. It's already been discussed multiple times in the thread, maybe you should bother reading it rather than repeating debunked nonsense.
    It's all they have, even on such a minor issue. The next two years are going to be pretty awful for the Deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And eleven pages later, here comes lockedout with a point that's already been thoroughly debunked.
    Oh, he knows it's been debunked. Every Trumpster here does. After you beat them with this point for a while, they'll jump you through 10 more hoops of stupid, intellectually dishonest arguments - and circle right back around to that one as if you didn't already thoroughly thrash it. It's a neverending circle of stupid.

Look, as we see on this thread, the results of the DNA test do not and will never matter to Trump (who is too poor to pay a million dollars, apparently) or his cultists. That isn't what this was about. This was about getting the stupid, racist question out of the spotlight of the mainstream media, who can now honestly say 'oh, I guess she does have NA ancestry, not an issue anymore, let's look at something else'. As we saw with Clinton, right-wing smears do have an effect on people outside the conservibubble, and countering them with facts can only be to the good. And the more people make an issue of the matter, the more petty and childish they seem to the people whose vote can actually be swayed.

As long as Warren now ignores the question completely, this was the right move. If she keeps taunting Trump with it, though, it could backfire. He looks like a hypocritical liar now, anyway, unless he goes and gets a degree in genetics and molecular biology to make good on his post-hoc condition.
    A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think she should have indulged these children. But attacks on her native american ancestry from conservatives were a routine part of any discussion about her, so I can see why she may want to at least try to get them to shut the fuck up. I just think she's placing too much faith in modern conservative media personalities and Republican officials to act in good faith and didn't anticipate on them simply not giving a fuck about facts and continuing to attack her anyway.
    I kinda wonder if this is the GOP's desperation playing out early. Is this ALL they can muster against her? Debunked theories and ridiculous/laughable lies. I know that's their bread and butter (lies and misrepresentations) and I'm sure their Hate Machine is spinning up some new stuff, but . . . is this it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    But she doesn't look Native American, so they don't care. As you can see, these are very shallow people who are only interested in appearances.
    They are the Nubirthers, nothing would have satisfied them. Trumspters are just corrupt trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I kinda wonder if this is the GOP's desperation playing out early. Is this ALL they can muster against her? Debunked theories and ridiculous/laughable lies. I know that's their bread and butter (lies and misrepresentations) and I'm sure their Hate Machine is spinning up some new stuff, but . . . is this it so far?
    I mean, she's an establishment Democrat, so you'd think they've have something. I'm sure she raised taxes at least once. I dunno, they better start getting used to the phrase "President Warren" if this is all they've got.
    Putin khuliyo

Hey Mr. Woke Independent. How about making a thread on some real news.

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s family benefited from U.S. program for minorities based on disputed ancestry

A company owned by House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy’s in-laws won more than $7 million in no-bid and other federal contracts at U.S. military installations and other government properties in California based on a dubious claim of Native American identity by McCarthy’s brother-in-law, a Times investigation has found.

The prime contracts, awarded through a federal program designed to help disadvantaged minorities, were mostly for construction projects at the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake in McCarthy’s Bakersfield-based district, and the Naval Air Station Lemoore in nearby Kings County.

Vortex Construction, whose principal owner is William Wages, the brother of McCarthy’s wife, Judy, received a total of $7.6 million in no-bid and other prime federal contracts since 2000, The Times found.
    So the story as seen is someone trying to deceive us tax payers by saying they were Native American (sound familiar) to get government contracts.

While Kevin McCarthy is not directly implicated in this story if you look further you see that these were no bid contracts that just happened to be in Kevin McCarthy's district. I mean the coincidence, huh?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Fauxohantas, I’m begging her to run, please run!!! OMG this is gonna be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well scratch that one, whats next? That she was born in Kenya?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Negan View Post
    I was going to make the same comment. My own 23&me said I have around 4.2% Neanderthal. But let them celebrate this as a victory.
    For a victory you have to have a battle and for some reason you folks decided to make this an issue. Well congrats on starting the battle and losing it. You sure showed....someone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I wish you would ignore my post, I can't recall you ever writing anything worth reading.
    Because you're such a master at interesting posting and meaningful discussions? Your previous thread you didn't even read the article you linked.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Fauxohantas, I’m begging her to run, please run!!! OMG this is gonna be good.
    Why? If this is the worst Trumpkins can do to her then she'll win.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I think she made a mistake indulging in Trump's lunacy. But now we're armed with the truth, for what good it does.

I dunno, overall, I don't see it as even being an issue. If this is the best they've got on Elizabeth Warren, then she'll run over Trump in 2020. We all, independent, Democrat or Republican alike, should be focused on her policies not on whether or not her native american ancestry has any meaning.

And as for Trump, he'll call her Pocahontas regardless of what evidence she offers.
    I actually don't think it's a political mistake. People don't much understand genetics or frequencies of American ancestries. They also don't tend to remember details of these kind of fly-by culture war items. Her lovers will remember it as that time she totally pwned Trump, her haters will remember it as when she was proven to be basically white, and most fence sitters and low info voters will dimly remember it as there being something about it turning out she really is part Native American and scientists said so or something.

Additionally, while I have no idea if there's better dirt on her (I suspect there isn't, but how would I know?), keeping people focused on this would certainly be preferable to some financial scandal or something.

I don't like her and never have, so my views on the ancestry thing don't matter, but I'm trying to evaluate impact on the actual electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    And yet today she literally proved with her own results that her opponent was right LMAO.

You literally can't make this shit up
    No, her opponent is not right. She proved she had some, and that was the only claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Shes doing it right now. Because she knows Trump is going to bring it up in the debates and on the campaign trail. Shes doing this purely for political reasons to get out ahead of Trumps jokes.
    Oh.....no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No, her opponent is not right. She proved she had some, and that was the only claim.
    That's certainly not all she said. As mentioned earlier:
    She previously said:
    “In the 1930s, when my parents got married, these were hard issues,’’ Warren said. “My father’s family so objected to my mother’s Native American heritage that my mother told me they had to elope.
    Now, it turns out that the upper bound on how Native American her mother would have been was about 3% with a mean expectancy of under 1%. This doesn't square up well. I guess she can say it's the story she was told, but it doesn't really pass the sniff test.

The reality is that the mean Native American percentage for white Americans is 0.18%. OK, I guess no one laid out a specific requirement for how Native American Warren would have to be for her claims to seem like they were basically honest, but it's a pretty bad look at the actual tested range overlaps with the median for all white Americans.
    Is it worse than a typical day of Trump? No. But is that actually the standard we're good with now? The above looks like an absurdly concocted story.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Gee...IDK...

Oh! How about in 2012?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...r-what/257415/
    .....And?

Trump ran on being a good business man, yet here we are with shit face leading us. At the very least her claim is far more true than anything the current president has going for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well, she got played.

1. Safe money was on them never paying up.
    2. Now they can easily make it look like she's doing this for herself.
    Yeah, she did it for herself to prove something and it is proven. So.....what's the problem?