Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question So is the Night Warrior stuff related to the Void?

Elune is related to Naaru who have a Light/Void cycle.
    Tyrande chants 'Shul' during a blood sacrifice.
    Dark blue/purple eyes.
    Obvious darkness-based powers.

Is it much of a stretch to assume the Night Warrior thing is essentially Void-related?

Especially considering BfA pushes Void for the Alliance (Alleria, VEs, the very questionable Tidesage religion) as opposing Death for the Horde (Sylvanas, val'kyr, Bwonsamdi) as the shadow part of each respective faction.

There's good/neutral void (Void Elves, Alleria) which is just raw space magic and then bad void (Fallen Tidesages/Old Gods). Regular tidesages are just Shamans as noted by Zellig and Rexxar.

Night Warrior is probably associated with void, yes, but too many people correlate void with solely old god stuff because of how its been portrayed in the past, when BFA is about moving past that.

Both Horde and Alliance's endgame seems to be Light/Holy magic anyway as they have one "champion" of it now on both sides (Anduin/Calia and Vol'jin who is a literal holy ghost).
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-10-15 at 04:17 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Let me just tell you about this new night warrior:
    One day the lore team gathered and one of them said "lets create something about night elves" and less than 2 minutes they retconned the definition of night warrior from warrior aspect of Elune to VeNgEfUl aspect of Elune and changed Tyrande's appearance, characteristic and abilities for no reason. And after they finished "Now, lets focus on more important stories".

There is nothing special about the night warrior. They just wanted to throw a bone at night elf fans to keep them playing the game, nothing more. An empty, asspull story that came out of nowhere.
    They did not need that to keep night elf players at all. Since all the Teldrassil stuff I've seen more night elf players now than in a while. I even dusted off my original Night Elf Druid.

In the sense that "elune's light" lets them be priests, you might be onto something.

Nobody wanted this crap.
    Absolute lies. Ever since Legion people have been griping about the night elves getting their butts handed to them repeatedly and how they really needed to recapture that ferocity from WCIII, especially Tyrande, with a very active thread gushing at the possibility of Malfurion dying in the darkshore event and it driving Tyrande to get up and do something interesting. Now she is, and people still find a way to gripe.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-10-16 at 01:32 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about the people who play mostly because of the lore. To these people ,including me as well, this expansion was like a nightmare. Literally everything about night elves was sacrificed for others. They had a rich lore but now they have nothing. This BS night warrior was made to give at least something but as I said it is pure BS. Nobody wanted this crap. In fact 8.1 is just another humiliation of night elves. This so called empowered Tyrande + Malfurion + Maiev + Shandris + their army + worgen army can't even handle a nobody who is Sylvanas boyfriend (and apparently some writer's self insert) + (now suddenly) undead night elves loyal to horde.

This is such a spit in the face. But the funny part is that some night elf fans are still enjoying this horribly written scenario.
    Yeah the writing is terrible SO FAR.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sure. Destroying the lore of the sisterhood of Elune, turn the high priestess of Elune to some edgy retconned nonsense and replace her silver eyes with dark eyes because CuStOmiIzAtIoNs and give her new model which is just a normal night elf model+3 simultaneous haricut+a piece of Jaina's dress and turn Ashalah, a frostsaber to a grey saber for unknown reasons and turning Dorithur, a celestial owl to some random grey owl again for unknown reasons and giving her a melee weapon and removing her bow like suddenly giving Velen a sword and removing his staff because reasons (actually it seems they are setting up Tyrande to be a raid boss), yeah but no, no one wanted this crap and no one wanted this changes and these changes were not even needed or even more interesting than the original and the fun part is that she doesn't even lead the army, the leader doesn't lead. And so much for night elves kicking ass ... They are once again getting humiliated by horde. Yeah right people definitely wanted that!

People wanted WC3 night elves and currently night elves are anything other than WC3 night elves. And WC3-night-elves isn't simply "They just need to be ferocious". It is more than that or what many people think about them. But what is certain is that they never needed anything new like this BS retconned night warrior. They already had a rich lore if only Blizzard would've put time and brain to work on those instead of removing them. But We suddenly hear about this night warrior thing and 5 minutes later Tyrande is night warrior and no longer a priestess and apparently she became even weaker. Was she like that back in WC3? Were night elves like that back in WC3? Absolutely not, not even a bit. This is no longer the race which was in WC3. Night elves are dead. What you see here is entirely a different race and nothing similar to what it used to be.

Because Ion says that this patch it is time for the Alliance to strike back doesn't mean that night elves are striking back and kicking ass. He is a lawyer. They talk in a way to persuade people. Night Elves will never receive a proper story neither the current story or any of the writers at blizzard want to write anything about them. The maximum thing is an empty story like this night warrior, suddenly appears out of nowhere with no purpose. Just like the emerald nightmare. EN could've been a great moment for night elf lore and it had the potential of an entire expansion but Blizzard smashed all of it in just a lame first raid of an irrelevant expansion like it was a filler raid. Night elf story is finished and blizzard will never do anything to them other than using them for their main stories and even in the future it will be so, more butchering and ruining. I assure you that you won't see any night elf in Azshara/naga moment. Also that self insert Sylvanas fanboy said during an interview that night elves should choose between vengeance and saving the world, so you see we are going to have more humiliation in the future and giant middle finger to night elf fans. This was the purpose of night warrior and blizzard calls it vengeance. They are going to paint night elves as vengeful maniacs and put blames on them and showing them dumb. They already planned to ruin them further for Golden's toxic masculinity character, Danuser's self-insert's waifu or Afrasiabi's honorable orc.
    Legion was far from irrevelent.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Void?

I'd have to say, 100% no.

It's just a "cool" name the writers came up with. They are "night" elves after all.

I was talking about the people who play mostly because of the lore. To these people ,including me as well, this expansion was like a nightmare. Literally everything about night elves was sacrificed for others. They had a rich lore but now they have nothing. This BS night warrior was made to give at least something but as I said it is pure BS. Nobody wanted this crap. In fact 8.1 is just another humiliation of night elves. This so called empowered Tyrande + Malfurion + Maiev + Shandris + their army + worgen army can't even handle a nobody who is Sylvanas boyfriend (and apparently some writer's self insert) + (now suddenly) undead night elves loyal to horde.

This is such a spit in the face. But the funny part is that some night elf fans are still enjoying this horribly written scenario.
    Just saying, Nathanos Marris was the best human ranger in existence. Sylvanas trained him in life and she considered him Ranger General material. As undead, he held an outpost alone in the plaguelands, holding his ground against Scourge and Alliance for several expansions. So... he's not a nobody.

I think so. The void is basically just absence of the light, not directly old god/void lord related.
    Elune has two aspects which can be interpreted as light and void and while the light aspect is more peace and healing orientated and basically a pacifist, the night warrior is the opposite and driven by vengeance and rage.

But i think its important to note that tyrande isn't just infused with some (void)magic, she is basically the avatar of one half of elune.
    Also we see that the night warrior isn't evil like the void usually seems. The night warrior is the one which elevates ysera as constellation as she died.

The black eyes could also be the absence of elunes light which makes them usually glow.

Is the word shul known for something? I havent noticed it by now, i think i am missing something here^^

7+ Year Old Account
    No, the Moon....has two sides my friend. Its just a representation of that, with some old lore they drudged up.

A name they gave Elune in the RP guides was Night Warrior.

The gave the term meaning and significance now because otherwise it had no meaning, no purpose, or representation in game and was largely considered noncanon since it was a part of the RP guides. This is a change to that and some actual development with the Elune concept which is great, since Elune is a huge concept that most players know but lack development
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2018-10-15 at 10:38 PM.

Zombie with a bow beats up divine empowered night elf with millennia of knowledge of combat and magic. Totes legit, not a self-insert fantasy by a pathetic "writer".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Severn View Post
    Just saying, Nathanos Marris was the best human ranger in existence. Sylvanas trained him in life and she considered him Ranger General material. As undead, he held an outpost alone in the plaguelands, holding his ground against Scourge and Alliance for several expansions. So... he's not a nobody.
    All that still makes him just a very skilled man with no superpowers against two! opponents with real super powers. If things were right Malfurion alone would have cut that weasel in half with one swipe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    In the sense that "elune's light" lets them be priests, you might be onto something.

Absolute lies. Ever since Legion people have been griping about the night elves getting their butts handed to them repeatedly and how they really needed to recapture that ferocity from WCIII, especially Tyrande, with a very active thread gushing at the possibility of Malfurion dying in the darkshore event and it driving Tyrande to get up and do something interesting. Now she is, and people still find a way to gripe.
    My issues is that, given the encounter with Nathanos - this vengeful thing does -NOTHING- to improve her. x_x

It's purely that human potential. Say what you will that he was trained and became the best human ranger:

He's up against the BEST druid and the BEST Priestess of the moon who is now an "Avatar of vengeance" - both over ten thousand years, fought off the Legion a few times, both teaming up on him. Compared to those two, he -is- a nobody.

Buuut... human potential. >_>
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2018-10-15 at 11:25 PM.

ReeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE....
    -where'd you get the information on her frostsaber and owl getting a dark retexture? Would certainly be odd, considering there's two battle pets based off those NPCs
    -were you not the same person who complained about "the night warrior" being redefined from "elune's warrior" to "elune's vengeance" and now you're complaining that she's managed to become proficient with a melee weapon?
    -what is this fictional idealistic notion of the race of night elves that you have such a hard-on for? I've seen Warcraft III. What would you write differently that you think they're doing wrong?

As far as I'm concerned they've been a surprisingly strong focal point for two expansions amidst all the whining about the alliance story being Human Central, so I think they're doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    My issues is that, given the encounter with Nathanos - this vengeful thing does -NOTHING- to improve her. x_x
    Doesn't she kill Nathanos? I mean he gets better but that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    No, the Moon....has two sides my friend. Its just a representation of that, with some old lore they drudged up.

A name they gave Elune in the RP guides was Night Warrior.

The gave the term meaning and significance now because otherwise it had no meaning, no purpose, or representation in game and was largely considered noncanon since it was a part of the RP guides. This is a change to that and some actual development with the Elune concept which is great, since Elune is a huge concept that most players know but lack development
    I think it was also hinted in an archeology relic and a handful of old statues in Desolace.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-10-16 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. That was only in the early datamined texts but that's all gone now.
    Those texts where Tyrande and Genn gave Anduin what a little shit he is and Tyrande killing Nathanus so the Valkyr has to sacrifice his sorry ass? That's all gone now!
    It's all shit now with Nathanus standing up to Tyrande to a degree that she has to flee into the darkness and call for her boyfriend so they both could fail against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasula Elfbiter View Post
    Elune is related to Naaru who have a Light/Void cycle.
    Tyrande chants 'Shul' during a blood sacrifice.
    Dark blue/purple eyes.
    Obvious darkness-based powers.

Is it much of a stretch to assume the Night Warrior thing is essentially Void-related?

Especially considering BfA pushes Void for the Alliance (Alleria, VEs, the very questionable Tidesage religion) as opposing Death for the Horde (Sylvanas, val'kyr, Bwonsamdi) as the shadow part of each respective faction.
    Well, a Night Warrior is an empowered being by Elune. And Elune is a demigod of Light. That's all we know so far. We don't know how it will interact with the void. Possibly in the near future, or never.

- - - Updated - - -

It's purely that human potential. Say what you will that he was trained and became the best human ranger:

He's up against the BEST druid and the BEST Priestess of the moon who is now an "Avatar of vengeance" - both over ten thousand years, fought off the Legion a few times, both teaming up on him. Compared to those two, he -is- a nobody.

Just the best priestess, malfurion is Mia

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    All that still makes him just a very skilled man with no superpowers against two! opponents with real super powers. If things were right Malfurion alone would have cut that weasel in half with one swipe.
    Well, Malfurion recently got an axe to the back, and Nathanos had two of those, so... Just kidding. But still, there's also a Val'kyr and Player as well. And it ends with a draw.

I agree with you here. Although, if they were that omnipotent, the world would be no fun, as armies would've been pointless. I blame it on inconsistent lore, devs should've refrained from overly epic Goku moments to keep things like that reasonable. Or made lore limitations to power, so that mundane classes could exploit them, like fighting on sand won't let Malfurion use roots.

As for Tyrande... /sigh She just better die. Seriously, if I was playing a night elf... Well, I don't, and these two are one of the reasons. Trying to overhaul her into and edgier, darker self - it just won't work, she's a damsel in distress in any iteration. NE need different leaders.

Let me just tell you about this new night warrior:
    One day the lore team gathered and one of them said "lets create something about night elves" and less than 2 minutes they retconned the definition of night warrior from warrior aspect of Elune to VeNgEfUl aspect of Elune and changed Tyrande's appearance, characteristic and abilities for no reason. And after they finished "Now, lets focus on more important stories".

There is nothing special about the night warrior. They just wanted to throw a bone at night elf fans to keep them playing the game, nothing more. An empty, asspull story that came out of nowhere.
    Well,they write so edgy and idotic lore at the moment,I think it never was as bad as now. Shit,we got the void elves,now we get the night warriors what next edgy crap they are going to pull out next? Shadow gnomes?

7+ Year Old Account
    "It's just a fleshwound." :<

I agree with you here. Although, if they were that omnipotent, the world would be no fun, as armies would've been pointless. I blame it on inconsistent lore, devs should've refrained from overly epic Goku moments to keep things like that reasonable. Or made lore limitations to power, so that mundane classes could exploit them, like fighting on sand won't let Malfurion use roots.

As for Tyrande... /sigh She just better die. Seriously, if I was playing a night elf... Well, I don't, and these two are one of the reasons. Trying to overhaul her into and edgier, darker self - it just won't work, she's a damsel in distress in any iteration. NE need different leaders.
    I play Horde side but I feel BAD for the Night Elves. Seriously can't think of a moment in WoW where the Night Elves had a moment of "Aww yeah guys, had our spotlight and we DID AWESOME!"

But HOO BOY can I think of the times they lost or were humiliated...
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2018-10-16 at 09:51 AM.

I would have more sympathy for night elf fans, but at this stage Blizzard could mail them a check for 10k bucks and they'd complain it wasn't for 20k.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I would have more sympathy for night elf fans, but at this stage Blizzard could mail them a check for 10k bucks and they'd complain it wasn't for 20k.
    I find it hard to believe you don't understand why the supposed big moment for Tyrande being shot to shit for Danuser doesn't exactly help matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/