Poll: Who wins this battle?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If she used her entire powerset, Sylvanas should beat every faction leader minus maybe Tyrande (ie. Elune).

Her most powerful Banshee Cry shattered armour/bones, while an ordinary scream prevents spell-casting (among other things, apparently causing people to lose accuracy with attacks), plus she can go incorporeal and fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Saurfang easily. Sylvanas is a wuss. Weakest Warchief after Vol'jin.

Sylvanas, duh.
    The old fart closes up - she just banshee-screams away and keeps on attacking him.
    That is if she isn't using offensive magic and just using it as a means to kite him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    Funny, I seem to remember Genn being the one walking away with an arrow in him even when he had the element of surprise, but anyway...
    Greymane wasn't even aiming for Sylvanas when he got hit by that arrow. He focused on grabbing the lantern to smash it, which he fully succeeded at. While it's hard to say that he would have won if he did go for her specifically (probably Sylvanas would come out on top), Greymane came out as the victor in that 1v1 all things considered.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-10-17 at 08:42 AM.

Funny, I seem to remember Genn being the one walking away with an arrow in him even when he had the element of surprise, but anyway...
    Genn did exactly what he was after.

But anyway..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Genn did exactly what he was after.

But anyway..
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Greymane wasn't even aiming for Sylvanas when he got hit by that arrow. He focused on grabbing the lantern to smash it, which he fully succeeded at. While it's hard to say that he would have won if he did go for her specifically (probably Sylvanas would come out on top), Greymane came out as the victor in that 1v1 all things considered.
    Yes, except this thread is in the context of strengths in a 1v1 exclusive of any external plot elements and the role of the lantern was such a plot element, and thus irrelevant. When viewed in the same context as the OP's thread, Sylvanas came out on top.

But anyway, this discussion regarding Genn is a distraction so let's not derail.

Normal arena fight? If Saurfang can use bloodlust or maybe demons blood then the answer is obvious.

Other kind of fight? Sylvanas, because she's like a rogue, more tactical and can use traps, deceits etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Exactly. Grey WON that fight, I have no idea what people are trying to insinuate. If she was able to kill him, then she would've done it. She let him go, because she didn't have any chances in 1v1(or she was just too stupid, so that proves that he also won lol).

Yes, except this thread is in the context of strengths in a 1v1 exclusive of any external plot elements and the role of the lantern was such a plot element, and thus irrelevant. When viewed in the same context as the OP's thread, Sylvanas came out on top.
    When viewed in the context of this thread Genn won because he got what he was after. Though that would be a lie just as much as yours, because it's not in the same context of this thread. So it would be opinion vs opinion. Sylvanas got one arrow in him? He crushed her future? What was the biggest victory?

But yeah, let's stop there. For the OP, Sylvanas would win.

If she didn't have access to her powers and it was just melee, we could circlejerk over that bit in Edge of Night or those parts of War Crimes and A Good War.

But she does, so this is a stomp for Sylvanas. I'm pretty sure OP made this thread out of spite.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    Sylvanas, duh.
    The old fart closes up - she just banshee-screams away and keeps on attacking him.
    That is if she isn't using offensive magic and just using it as a means to kite him.
    And he outscreams her with his "HONNNNNOOOOOOOR" screams.

Checkmate.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang senior for DK.

Sylvanas. She's very skilled archer, a banshee, could be also able to use dark magic. I don't think we've seen all her magical powers yet. While the final result would heavily depend on the battlefield and her ability (or inability) to use her bow, I think she also wouldn't mind to fight dirty. And that's what would probably kill Saurfang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    If she didn't have access to her powers and it was just melee, we could circlejerk over that bit in Edge of Night or those parts of War Crimes and A Good War.

But she does, so this is a stomp for Sylvanas. I'm pretty sure OP made this thread out of spite.
    Looking at the state of the polls so far it looks like the OP is getting what he wanted too

10+ Year Old Account
    How about instead of saurfangs axe, we instead use.. a bullet from a standard handgun to the back of her head, and every time she uses another valkir, another bullet to the head.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fair matchup really. Sylvanas is ridiculously buffed with death magic, while Saurfang is showing his age. I mean Nathanos put up a decent fight against Varok. Sure he got his ass kicked, but it was a closer fight than ppl expected.

Sylvanas could go toe-to-toe with Malfurion (for a while anyway) and Saurfang couldn't, so I'd say it's obvious. She could just scream and he'd be dead.

Then again, considering where the story might be headed, Saurfang would probably beat her with the "power of honor" or something - or an axe to the back whilst she's distracted.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-10-17 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    How about instead of saurfangs axe, we instead use.. a bullet from a standard handgun to the back of her head, and every time she uses another valkir, another bullet to the head.
    How about instead of bow and arrows, we use "harsh words" instead ? Just say "new generations dont care about your honor" and put saurfang in 12 month long depression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Sylvanas got owned 1v1 by Genn so I guess Saurfang would win too.
    genn was heavily wounded and couldnt participate in anythin entire legion because of it, meanwhile sylvanas had a broken lamp
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang axe throwing shit wrecked Malfurion, he just need to stay on her back long enough to axe stab her.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Na na na, this should be a knee slide contest. Sylvanas would slide and impale herself on one of Orgrimmars spikes and Saurfang would break his hip. Everybody wins.