Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really miss it. It was the first spec to pull me off my Prot Pally since I started playing in TBC. Although I ended up tanking most of WoD while Glad was around I did love it.

It would be awesome for m+...all that deep wounds and cleave dmg....if i remember correct that was pretty ok dmg wise wasn't it? Gimme back that massive def cds...damn i would love to play that in m+ xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    PvP will always limit/screw over any fun in any game its in. Hence why I dislike it as a concept in games like WoW. If only there were servers designed just for pvpers with only pvp in mind. They could custom tailor how balance worked for that environment.. Hm...

Outside of that PvP will always be a major limiting factor in WoW and it's sad. =/
    #realtalk
    #truthbetold

Just give it back the way it was as a baselinestance to choose from and be clear, that this is just for fun/WQ and will not be balanced to be equal as DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go play a WOD private server then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was fun, but Blizz has this phobia of letting glyphs customize gameplay to a major extent (RIP Gladiator and Dark Apotheosis), regardless of how much fun the alternative playstyle is. You will have your recommended quota of fun as dispensed from pulling the fun lever, unauthorized fun must be extinguished to make more way for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    It would be awesome for m+...all that deep wounds and cleave dmg....if i remember correct that was pretty ok dmg wise wasn't it? Gimme back that massive def cds...damn i would love to play that in m+ xD
    Until it got fucked up, Gladiator was the best of the three DPS specs early in WoD (Arms was a complete joke throughout WoD, and Fury has always had some gear ramp-up at endgame), and continued to shine throughout for single-target while Fury reigned in cleave situations.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Sadly that's the reason they do things, they can't balance. I'd rather have FUN unbalanced things then the boring unbalanced crap we have now.

The best balance is imbalance
    I'm pretty confident it's why Alliance got Shamans and Horde got Paladins...
    Also why DKs only have one tank spec and it's the least interesting of the 3 original iterations.

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss glad, it was my dream spec. It was the first and last spec since classic I played in raids as DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I always thought it was fun, but Blizz has this phobia of letting glyphs customize gameplay to a major extent (RIP Gladiator and Dark Apotheosis), regardless of how much fun the alternative playstyle is. You will have your recommended quota of fun as dispensed from pulling the fun lever, unauthorized fun must be extinguished to make more way for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Until it got fucked up, Gladiator was the best of the three DPS specs early in WoD (Arms was a complete joke throughout WoD, and Fury has always had some gear ramp-up at endgame), and continued to shine throughout for single-target while Fury reigned in cleave situations.
    Arms was a joke? Arms was the strongest spec throughout Highmaul after they fixed it, was the best spec on a couple fights in BRF (as was Fury) and the best spec for most fights in HFC, you'd play Fury on HFA, Tectus and Mannoroth for the bladestorm AOE, anything cleave or single target related you'd want to play Arms. Fury absolutely did not reign in cleave situations, it reigned in burst AOE situations.

Gladiator = No burst, really decent sustained dps in all scenarios, no rallying cry.. Useless damage bot.
    Fury = Incredible burst AOE, weak cleave. Early in HFC the single target was good, with gear and shorter boss times it became average/weak.
    Arms = Incredible cleave, no burst AOE. Early in HFC the single target was incredible. Nerfs, shorter boss times and more gear made it average/weak.

Arms had no burst AOE but if mob health was high enough the ability to apply multiple rends and then cleave everything down with MS/Execute meant it could even compete with Fury on fights like Iskar/Xhul while having much more focus fire dps (since it wasn't relying on just Bladestorm burst). Not only that but Arms single target dps increased during cleave due to the rend talent and T18 bonus, cleave for Fury had the opposite effect.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I really miss it, def one of the best Warrior specs I've played over the last 14 years. Was legit sad when Blizz did a U-turn on bringing it back after Legion as I was looking forward to SnS smashing again.

Kinda sad that they scrapped what was arguably the biggest success of WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Gladiator was also amazing in two target cleave fights (I.E Archimonde) if you used the cleave glyph so HS hit two targets

Was always funny pugging HFC and seeing other warriors raging because they were getting matched/beaten by a spec that the sims said shouldn't be as good xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GanonARG View Post
    I loved it until they nerfed it to the ground.
    It was never nerfed to the ground, it was nerfed from being OP but it remained competitive throughout the expansion (raided all mythic content as Glad). Not being the #1 spec on every fight isn't the same as being bad.

It was fun to have my alt able to (to an extent, stat weights and all) be able to just do a talent swap to go from tank to DPS. I also really enjoyed playing a properly bulky DPS.

But alas, it went the way of Dark Apotheosis. It was fun and as a result was ditched after the expansion it was released. RIP warlock semi-tank, RIP prot warrior DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yeah, I really miss it, def one of the best Warrior specs I've played over the last 14 years. Was legit sad when Blizz did a U-turn on bringing it back after Legion as I was looking forward to SnS smashing again.

Kinda sad that they scrapped what was arguably the biggest success of WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Gladiator was also amazing in two target cleave fights (I.E Archimonde) if you used the cleave glyph so HS hit two targets

Was always funny pugging HFC and seeing other warriors raging because they were getting matched/beaten by a spec that the sims said shouldn't be as good xD

- - - Updated - - -

It was never nerfed to the ground, it was nerfed from being OP but it remained competitive throughout the expansion (raided all mythic content as Glad). Not being the #1 spec on every fight isn't the same as being bad.
    It was never OP though really, it started off as a strong contender for top single target sustained dps but it had no burst capability and considering they spent the entire expansion buffing it afterwards the nerf was short sighted, when Arms got buffed it was doing more dps than Glad was doing pre-nerf while Arms also had the benefit of rallying cry, crazy execute dps, even better cleave and (in highmaul at least) a very powerful burst AOE in Bladestorm.

Gladiator was such a one trick pony (sustained dps on ST/Cleave)that despite being bottom feeders in early Highmaul there was still a Fury Warrior on the world first Imperator kill, not a Gladiator. After the nerf Gladiator was just a middle pack sustained dps with no utility or niche strengths making it pointless, Blizz later set to work re-buffing its damage multiple times throughout WOD so it was eventually somewhat competitive with Arms/Fury on sustained but it still had no utility, no burst, weaker AOE than Fury and weaker cleave than Arms.

If they had not nerfed Gladiator in Highmaul but still did the changes to Arms/Fury, people would have still abandoned it and it would have still fallen out of relevance by Blackrock Foundry, even on the few bosses it could do well (Gruul) you'd rather have Rallying Cry.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

They should have just added a 4th spec, but blizzard has very very clearly hated Warrior since Legion so its not happening.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't arms the way to go in..uhm... that blackrock raid thing? I don't remember that well. What i remember is that gladiator was pure fun

I would like blizz to bring back the old talent trees for more customization... And de-prune the classes please. Give me back some iconic spells!

Deleted
    Blizzard can't even balance 3 warrior specs, and you want 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Blizzard can't even balance 3 warrior specs, and you want 4?
    Gladiator stance should be the template for all tanks in PVP. Just make it a pvp spec

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    So, genuine question, am I the only one who misses this?

It was the most fun I had with a warrior in ages. I personally enjoy the sword/board DPS

I feel this is one of the few things the game is missing, a dps with a shield.

I to this day do not understand their removal of it.
    It was a bad idea when they created it.
    It is good that it is gone.
    There is plenty of crapy rng when it comes to loot without adding another conflict between tank/healer and dps.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    There is plenty of crapy rng when it comes to loot without adding another conflict between tank/healer and dps.
    Your sig is ironic

In WoD, sure, tanks got salty AF that DPS Warriors were taking +armor jewellry because it was the stat was almost as good as strength for Gladiator. In this day and age, the only separate loot is trinkets and weapons, and a Gladiator Warrior in BFA would not be taking tank trinkets. Seeing as there are only five specs in the game which can use shields, and only three of them are "mandatory" (being Prot War and Pally, and Hpal, shamans can use staves and OH instead of shields), theres not much competition there either.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-10-23 at 12:48 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    It was a great idea for anyone who had played a warrior tank and enjoyed the play style but wanted to do something different.
    It is bad that its gone, when it came out it was legitimately really fun to play and was strong.
    With personal loot I don't know why they couldn't bring it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see gladiator stance come back as a proper DPS spec, since people to this day still think Glad stance was just a "mode to allow atank kill stuff faster while questing..."

Always loved the theme of being a weapon/shield dps.

People could ask that on Blizzcon instead of the "hey blizz, when us hunter will finally have quivers on our back"

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    They should have just added a 4th spec, but blizzard has very very clearly hated Warrior since Legion so its not happening.
    they also very clearly are not adding 4th specs. class balance is rough as it is. its not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FLANOFETT View Post
    Gladiator stance should be the template for all tanks in PVP. Just make it a pvp spec
    yup. as soon as they add pvp specs for all classes. any time now.