Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I think it is a sign of the times where comedians are frustrated that they are not taken seriously anymore.
    Gonna disagree there. This is a great time for comedians. The jokes basically write themselves each day on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Trump has stopped how many wars now?
    How much has he decreased spending on the military industrial complex?
    Oh yea he's increased it to record levels because he has family in the business.

Your stance has zero logic to it, Do you think Hillary will be playing PR person for the Saudi's? how about Helsinki? Yes I don't like Hillary but to think Trump is somehow better after the giant pile of shit he has dumped on the American people these last two years is pure insanity.
    He hasn't started any.

Off the top of my head Hillary had direct influence in: voting on Iraq 2002, the thousands of pakistanis killed while she was Secretary of State in drone strikes, Libya in 2011 and Syria in 2012. Look at the absolute shit show mess we are left with now. She gave no indication that she would want to cease her warhawk ways if she was to become President

The most Trump has done was that god awful airstrike which he is a piece of shit for as well and arming the Saudi's (like every other President). We all know Hillary was super tight with the Saudi's, just like Trump is being, just like every other president before him. And don't get me wrong, there's plenty of shit that goes along with Trump. My entire point from the start was he is the lesser of two evils.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    He hasn't started any.

Off the top of my head Hillary had direct influence in: voting on Iraq 2002, the thousands of pakistanis killed while she was Secretary of State in drone strikes, Libya in 2011 and Syria in 2012. Look at the absolute shit show mess we are left with now. She gave no indication that she would want to cease her warhawk ways if she was to become President

The most Trump has done was that god awful airstrike which he is a piece of shit for as well and arming the Saudi's (like every other President). We all know Hillary was super tight with the Saudi's, just like Trump is being, just like every other president before him. And don't get me wrong, there's plenty of shit that goes along with Trump. My entire point from the start was he is the lesser of two evils.
    Please do tell what war would Hillary have started? Trump supported the Iraq war to be fair most people did until they got the information, the war on Yemen, the problems with Qatar, Trump has also washed his hands on the world leading to a bunch of crisis that will come to bite us in the ass (Honduras, Venezuela) and screwed up a bunch of others (Iran, North Korea, South Africa). We are in a trade war with no allies the list goes on just say you love Trump because he pisses off liberals instead of applying logic to it.

I could see your stance if this was before he took office because he was an unknown entity that is no longer the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    He hasn't started any.

And yet, you cheered on guys like Kavanaugh

http://lyldenlawnews.com/wp-content/...A-11-20-15.pdf

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...nt-should-make

yeah, you sure do love your neo-cons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Gonna disagree there. This is a great time for comedians. The jokes basically write themselves each day on Twitter.
    It's really not a good time to be a comedian, and most good comedians are complaining about it

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/l...-a8129756.html

Speaking to the BBC, journalist Jon Ronson said that audiences no longer pick up on the nuances of jokes: “Nobody seems to be able to tell the difference between a racist joke and a liberal joke that comments on racism.”

And social media, some argue, only exacerbates the issue. Comedian Andrew Doyle noted in an article for Spiked that he’s seen an increase in people taking stand-up comedy at face value.

He wrote, “Many comedians I’ve spoken to agree that this kind of entitled, moralistic response is more commonplace than ever before. Perhaps it’s related to what psychologists have identified as a general escalation of narcissistic behaviour. Or maybe it’s an inevitable byproduct of social media, through which offence-seeking has turned into a kind of amateur sport.”

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's really not a good time to be a comedian, and most good comedians are complaining about it

Speaking to the BBC, journalist Jon Ronson said that audiences no longer pick up on the nuances of jokes: “Nobody seems to be able to tell the difference between a racist joke and a liberal joke that comments on racism.”

And social media, some argue, only exacerbates the issue. Comedian Andrew Doyle noted in an article for Spiked that he’s seen an increase in people taking stand-up comedy at face value.

He wrote, “Many comedians I’ve spoken to agree that this kind of entitled, moralistic response is more commonplace than ever before. Perhaps it’s related to what psychologists have identified as a general escalation of narcissistic behaviour. Or maybe it’s an inevitable byproduct of social media, through which offence-seeking has turned into a kind of amateur sport.”
    Basically people are losing social nuances because they are incapable of seeing a different view point. Sad times we live in indeed.

You're saying Jewish Roseanne Barr (family from Lithuania) is a Nazi

The ironic thing is that when she dressed up as fat female Hitler ... it was for a Jewish satirical magazine called Heeb

I mean at some point you have to realise you're delusional
    As long as there are echo chambers people like him/her will never actually take a step back and realize they are the fools.

It's like a Far Left / Antifa person shouting that "they" are facist, but they are the ones who are actually being facist.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically people are losing social nuances because they are incapable of seeing a different view point. Sad times we live in indeed.
    Social media is not reality, all of Main Stream Media decided to "switch" from actual new to trying to copy/pasta what is trending on facebook/twitter.

Everyone needs to get the fuck OFF of social media, it's literally killing our culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    As long as there are echo chambers people like him/her will never actually take a step back and realize they are the fools.

It's like a Far Left / Antifa person shouting that "they" are facist, but they are the ones who are actually being facist.

- - - Updated - - -

Social media is not reality, all of Main Stream Media decided to "switch" from actual new to trying to copy/pasta what is trending on facebook/twitter.

Everyone needs to get the fuck OFF of social media, it's literally killing our culture.
    Yeah social media is a warped view and has nothing to do with reality. But sadly nothing will change this course.

She's not racist. Or at least she's not openly racist or somehow maliciously racist. She probably, like many people, has small racist beliefs and tendencies that she isn't aware of. Not enough to call her racist.

Her fellow cast members were quick as lightning to throw her under the bus over the tweet, though, so I imagine that behind closed doors she may be prone to saying offensive things (either today or in the past, I dunno).

Anyways, Ambien doesn't make people racist, but it does fuck you up pretty bad. I like how Ambien was trying to be all sly on social media and stuff when in reality it deserves a bad reputation. I've seen people get super fucked up on it when only taking recommended dosage, and people use it as a date rape drug for a reason. I have zero doubt in my mind that Barr was probably fucked up on Ambien and made a stupid joke that she didn't realize could very easily be taken as racist (she probably didn't put two and two together and realized that comparing a black person to a Planet of the Apes character was going to be seen as her comparing a black person to apes, lol).

I can't comment on anything she's done in her personal life other than it seems a bit telling that literally none of her long-time show friends supported her at all. It'd lead me to believe she may have done or said some racist things in the past and this was just a last straw to all of them. All I know is that Barr hasn't ever, as far as I've ever known, done anything openly and explicitly racist.

It sounds like these comedians are sucking at writing jokes people like.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm perfectly content with not seeing the viewpoint of people who want to murder a bunch of people for next to no reason.

- - - Updated - - -

You're saying Jewish Roseanne Barr (family from Lithuania) is a Nazi

The ironic thing is that when she dressed up as fat female Hitler ... it was for a Jewish satirical magazine called Heeb

I mean at some point you have to realise you're delusional
    You say this as if Jews can't be Nazis. The PM of Israel's father famously conspired with Adolf Hitler.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    how do people watch this for 2 hours lmao.

I like Joe Rogan a lot and I really don't know why.

That said, this video is really well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you say Roseanne is a racist you have to agree that Sarah Jeong is a far worse racistWhaaaaaaaaaatabout
    FIFY

YW!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
    Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument, which in the United States is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.[When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the Soviet response would often be "What about..." followed by an event in the Western world
    Impeach the MF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    It sounds like these comedians are sucking at writing jokes people like.
    We're talking about comedians like Chappelle, Chris Rock, Burr, Gervais, Kreischer, Shaffir, Boyle, even Larry and Seinfeld - in other words, the best comedians of the last few decades, all pointing out that political correctness has been having a negative effect on comedy

Maybe you just don't know anything about comedy

Ricky Gervais best comedian of the last few decades? Maybe its better for everyone that he's struggling to write more material :P

Hasn't he got any more scientists to harass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Ricky Gervais best comedian of the last few decades? Maybe its better for everyone that he's struggling to write more material :P

Hasn't he got any more scientists to harass?
    Some people don't like Seinfeld too - that's fine

But can't deny all those comedians listed (and many more who have come out against political correctness) are the biggest comedians of the last few decades

Also Curb Your Enthusiasm > Seinfeld

Some people don't like Seinfeld too - that's fine

But can't deny all those comedians listed (and many more who have come out against political correctness) are the biggest comedians of the last few decades

Also Curb Your Enthusiasm > Seinfeld
    I just think Gervais is kinda shit, and makes a big deal of being an animal lover over a people lover because he has to fill the void where other performers put their talent :P Also he said some scientists should have their eyes sewn shut. Fuck that fat bastard.

But otherwise I don't disagree, its not that comics are less talented than they used to be, it is that the audience has changed the way it takes in comedy. Theres some dude called Steve Hofstetter that cropped up in my youtube suggestions recently; not sure how long he's been doing standup (maybe he's a massive star and I live under a rock) but he seemed to talk about this issue a little when dealing with hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I just think Gervais is kinda shit, and makes a big deal of being an animal lover over a people lover because he has to fill the void where other performers put their talent :P Also he said some scientists should have their eyes sewn shut. Fuck that fat bastard.

But otherwise I don't disagree, its not that comics are less talented than they used to be, it is that the audience has changed the way it takes in comedy. Theres some dude called Steve Hofstetter that cropped up in my youtube suggestions recently; not sure how long he's been doing standup (maybe he's a massive star and I live under a rock) but he seemed to talk about this issue a little when dealing with hecklers.
    A lot of people don't like Gervais (never been a huge fan myself), I think he's quite an unlikeable person (which is why he fit his Office character so well), but he is a great comedian

The fun thing in this thread is that I never liked Roseanne either, but that's kind of her character and it's part of her comedy - comedians need that space in which to operate
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2018-10-18 at 09:13 AM.

Ricky Gervais claim to fame is The Office. In the US version, people don't like the first season of the office, the season Gervais wrote. Everyone thinks the following seasons were better.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted

gervais is shit. He does this insecure thing that Noel Gallagher does as well where they go 'but im rich' 'more money for me' its weird and telling. His last special was essentially ripping off internet memes and putting them on stage. 'i identify as a chimp' caitlyn jenner joke might as well have been 'i sexually identify as an attack helicopter'. luckily for him his middle class middle aged audience probably aren't so sharp on internet memes. Utter hack nowadays.

who knows

honestly...racism takes a lot of work

its a type of commitment i just cant do