Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now that is funny. Instead of having the Alliance commit morally dubious actions in a sensible way -say, by having humans purge Forsaken, or NEs brutally take revenge on encroaching Orcs- the Alliance just sends killteams composed of freaking Draenei alongside Warlocks against the furries so that Blizzard has an half-assed reason to push them into the Horde.

I tell you, this entire expansion is Blizzard randomly deciding what happens during drunken nights and seeing how far they can run with it.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2018-10-18 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Now.. lets see the Alliance incursion where we save the poor innocent snakes from mean Horde!
    I need to find it again, but there was the meta-achievment for doing all of the incursion scenarios.

The Horde Vol'dun one is named Horde of Heroes, the Alliance version I can't entirely remember the name of but it was something along the same lines (Army of Saviors?), definitely not an achievment name you'd give for purging innocent caravaners unless the Alliance has REALLY gone off the deep end.

Makes one wonder, it really does.

Vulpera for a Day | Patch 8.1 Incursions (Horde)

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I need to find it again, but there was the meta-achievment for doing all of the incursion scenarios.

The Horde Vol'dun one is named Horde of Heroes, the Alliance version I can't entirely remember the name of but it was something along the same lines (Army of Saviors?), definitely not an achievment name you'd give for purging innocent caravaners unless the Alliance has REALLY gone off the deep end.

Makes one wonder, it really does.
    It's called "Many Fine Heroes". Make of that what you will.

https://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/1...the-frontlines
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-10-18 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Now that is funny. Instead of having the Alliance commit morally dubious actions in a sensible way -say, by having humans purge Forsaken, or NEs brutally take revenge on encroaching Orcs- the Alliance just sends killteams composed of freaking Draenei alongside Warlocks against the furries so that Blizzard has an half-assed reason to push them into the Horde.

I tell you, this entire expansion is Blizzard randomly deciding what happens during drunken nights and seeing how far they can run with it.
    I think when you take the story as seriously as Blizzard does it becomes quite enjoyable. Think of it as a shitty morning cartoon or something.

*Garithos intensifies*

To think that it would be the Alliance that would attempt to save the Horde and the Horde preventing the Alliance from saving them from an attrocious addition.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-18 at 02:07 AM.

Ah, I see it's the Alliance's turn to be smacked with the stupid villain bat. There's just no logical reason to do this, vulpera aren't even Horde. New Blizzard writers when?

This is the single-most forced piece of faction-driven story I've seen. The Darkshore stuff is prizeworthy in comparison to this and the attack on Atal'dazar by the Alliance looks like the most amazing plan ever.

Not only does -another- race get pushed into the Horde because of what the Alliance does and not only is what the Alliance does the most unintelligent and uncharacteristic thing witnessed, but it had to be the Vulpera that get added to the Horde. Really. The Vulpera. How come they still haven't pushed the ogres in the direction of a playable race. Where's the Ogre Purge Squad because that's where my last hopes for playable ogres lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    This is the single-most forced piece of faction-driven story I've seen. The Darkshore stuff is prizeworthy in comparison to this and the attack on Atal'dazar by the Alliance looks like the most amazing plan ever.

Not only does -another- race get pushed into the Horde because of what the Alliance does and not only is what the Alliance does the most unintelligent and uncharacteristic thing witnessed, but it had to be the Vulpera that get added to the Horde. Really. The Vulpera. How come they still haven't pushed the ogres in the direction of a playable race. Where's the Ogre Purge Squad because that's where my last hopes for playable ogres lie.
    That is the WoW faction conflict for you, whenever Horde and Alliance battled it out as main narrative it has always been lackluster. Though I personally had expected Tauren to burn not Vul'pera.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I don't remember the Vulpera being there though. What is the Alliance even doing at this point?
    They're in a Horde zone, and thus are allied with the Horde. Obviously.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    They're in a Horde zone, and thus are allied with the Horde. Obviously.
    Vol'dun is no mans land, people are sent there to die. So even horde territory doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Crash Bandicoot will now go to Stormwind and steal Anduin's crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is the WoW faction conflict for you, whenever Horde and Alliance battled it out as main narrative it has always been lackluster. Though I personally had expected Tauren to burn not Vul'pera.
    Faction war is crap and I hope everyone can see this now!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I think when you take the story as seriously as Blizzard does it becomes quite enjoyable. Think of it as a shitty morning cartoon or something.
    I guess, but I'd enjoy the writing more if it wasn't absolute garbage in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    All this will lead to is bickering among Alliance and Horde partisans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I read something about Sylvanas talking smack to Vorrik as well in the latest patch? Something about not being sure if he won't turn out to be the next Korthak.
    Pretty obvious what directions both these new races are going.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I don't understand why the alliance, especially the Draenei would go to purge the furry foxes out of all things, there are plenty of more deserving targets, or at least targets that make more sense if we are doing the whole morally grey thing
    don't get me wrong I'm all for #purgesquad it's just that the target doesn't make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Crash Bandicoot will now go to Stormwind and steal Anduin's crystals.
    Kalecgos the dragon will steal them right back from Orgrimmar, with his dragonfly polymorphed apprentice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I don't remember the Vulpera being there though. What is the Alliance even doing at this point?
    It's pretty obvious that this is Blizzard's start of the how the Vulpera get pushed towards the Horde and the Sethrak towards the Alliance. They may not be the Allied races in 8.2 but they're going to be allied races, it's pretty fucking obvious at this point.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It wasn't always. It definitely is right now. It's almost as if they're trying their hardest to get everyone ready for some change when it comes to the faction system and what better way to do that but make it incredibly hamfisted and stupid first, making the players annoyed by the story it provides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I believe that everything up to the end of Cataclysm made a hundred times more sense than this. There were a lot of bad things to be pointed out, but it wasn't this bad.

It's like we're jumping from bad to worse by the month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I thought I read something about Sylvanas talking smack to Vorrik as well in the latest patch? Something about not being sure if he won't turn out to be the next Korthak.

You mean Tyrande telling Thalyssra about not being sure that she won't become the next Elisande? Oh wait...

It actually is just like Tyrande telling Thalyssra about not being sure that she won't become the next Elisande! Can't waste the opportunity to reuse a plot direction.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-10-18 at 02:22 AM.