Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

What does it take for you to leave a M+?

As a tank a few things

If multiple people start getting super toxic and calling me a retard for wahtever I will leave. I don't mind being called out for mistakes especially if they clearly explain how I could have done butter, but people who are just straight up namecalling and being abusive isn't something I put up with.

If the DPS/Healer are vastly undergeared/underskilled and it looks like over an hour dungeon run I will leave

Toxic behavior and twitch speak. People being less skilled. Well, i can do my part to help them. But toxic shitheads. Nothing we can do with that

Honestly wipes don't bother me, its toxic players. If a player starts treating me like shit, I'm going to say bye.

Generally there not being any realistic chance of success or real life issues.

Thought it'd be a good idea to do a mythic 9 after raid night Tuesday. Ended up in there for 2.5 hours. That was on the edge.

They need to do something about mythic +s that run too long. I'm not always going to be able to join a mythic+ expecting it to take < hour and spend over 2 hours in it, but equally I don't want to abandon people that I've been in a group with for the past 2 hours. Its a lose lose situation.

Toxic attitude is the one thing that will make me leave a mythic. I don't mind wiping for hours, as long as people are friendly/neutral.

Wipes don't bother me. But when people start the name-calling and berating/harassing other members in the dungeon, it's time for them to go. I recently used a +6 key on an alt of mine, and this Shaman pug kept spamming a suggested invite. The way my UI is setup it interferes with the view of my character's castbar everytime that window popped up. I asked him to stop after three times. After the sixth or seventh time, once we were almost to the first boss, I told him if he did it again he was being kicked. He did it again, got kicked and proceeded to spout insults and the expected "stupid cucks get wrekt" phrases.

People like that will frustrate me to the point where I will sacrifice my key to replace them. But I rarely leave a M+ that has all players, no matter if we meet the timer or not.

DPS that break CC then bitch at me for not being able to heal through high necrotic stacks.

I generally don't leave since I know it fucks up the entire thing, but if the people in the group are people who fly off the handle at the slightest mishap then I really don't have the patience to deal with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only two times I've had to leave a m+ this expansion. The first was in Freehold, the tank didn't know how to pull to the first boss and wiped us to over aggroing about 5-6 times. The other was in Temple of Seth, our healer couldn't get past the first orb gauntlet/obstacle thing and we gave up after like 10 minutes.

Nothing i never leave m+ even if toxic behavior is present i will stay without talking doing my job if the group is shit i will be the last to leave,on LFR though its another thing :P i will leave depending on the wipe

10+ Year Old Account
    Toxic players.

And bad players. (depends on other factors)

Examples:
    Don't mind long runs or bad players if it was stated in the group finder.
    I once left a shine of the storm +8 as a healer since from start until trash before 2nd boss not a single person except the tank was doing interrupts.
    Left a +5 temple of Sethralis since the healer simply could not keep anyone alive. Up until 2nd boss, I as a tank did 72% of total healing done and had to keep the group alive on first boss cause healer died at first wave.

On the other end, I was part of an Underroot group that was 30min above time but the group was listed as relaxed only aiming to complete. And thus I did not mind wiping. (the group had 72 death)
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

I don't mind long runs or a bad player. I can't stay if it seems like we are going to stay in the dungeon for over an hour after the dungeon timer expires.

Any insult or shitty remark and I leave whether it's my key or theirs.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Toxicity is pretty much it. I'll stick it through if people are willing to continue trying.

Generally I haven’t been in a long run from a pug in a while and my team spends 2-3+hours in dungeons practicing for MDI stuff anyway so I’m used to it if it happens. However when it has happened I usually stay since everyone dedicated time to it not just me.

I also don’t mind people calling each other out. Doesn’t need to be rude but correcting mistakes is how you get through faster so I’m not opposed to that. I’ve never had it happen but i guess id leave if people get too toxic? I’m not really sure.

I’ve actually never left a group even when the run has taken 1-2 hours. Only time was way back in legion. It’s usually someone else that leaves and then the group disbands or the group itself decides not to waste any more time on the key, so I really don’t know what would make me do it. The whole reason I can mythic raid at a decent level and push high keys consistently is due to patience with myself and others.

So TLDR: Only reason I left that group is because we spent the entire timer trying to skip mobs that people kept fucking up and spent even more time on the first boss in Eye of Azshara. So I guess when I’ve wasted so much time and the dungeon isn’t even close to being over I’d leave or let the group know it’s just not possible with the current group and I can’t spend 5 hours in this 1 key.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-10-20 at 12:35 AM.

When it becomes apparent that the group cannot complete the dungeon at all. Usually someone else leaves after repeated wipes before I decide it's hopeless, but had one case of 4 man guild premade doing +10 court of starts (at the point +10 was the weekly chest, not +15), and while it was apparent to me they didn't know the dungeon, I stuck with them until last boss, where no matter what we'd wipe due to low dps and / or random deaths of players standing in stuff, and the boss was nowhere close to dying, more like 30-40% still. So after over half an hour of tries, waiting for cds, drums and whatnot with no improvement, I just told them "this group doesn't have enough dps to kill this boss" and left.

Usually if the group is toxic the biggest loudmouth will ragequit first and then the group disbands by itself. The amount of "ragequit at Hyrja" I had in Legion...

However even if the group does poorly, but they're not hostile, and there is hope at the end of the tunnel, I try to stick with it until the end. From spending 40 mins on the last boss in Eye of Azshara with 10 min afks between pulls for the drums, and 1,5h lower Karazhan run, I've had my dose of painful runs, but if people wanted to finish it, I'm not really one of those "time's up, cya".

Only if someone else leaves first

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    court of starts ... last boss
    I had a similar problem, guild group, CoS, and spent like an hour on the last boss before everyone mutually called it, with no hard feelings (but it felt pretty bad). The worst part of that was that you'd get heroism on like every 3rd try or somesuch, and we got pretty close but never got him down in that group. That boss got pretty hard to kill sometimes.

I only left one M+ group ever, and you guessed it, it was due to extreme toxicity.

That being said, I've been relieved a few times if a bad group eventually falls apart. And sometimes you get a bad, but chill, group and you start thinking, ugh this will take forever or we'll *never* kill this boss, and you do, and the rest of the run isn't bad. Good times.

shitty players that make a 30 minute run into over an hour.

toxic players I can ignore.

with that said I dont think i've ever left an m+grp but then again I run with my guildies 99% of the time.

As a tank, same OP + Constant trash talk within group, someone pulling because "I'm not going fast enough", someone who can't handle the fact that my method might be different than theirs. Basically anyone who doesn't know how to act. I'll kill a key for awful people before I carry them through it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8