Main hand and off hand weapon enchants

Does it matter which way around they go?

So my stat weights are:

Agility=1.90,
    Crit =1.46
    Versatility =1.45
    Haste =1.17
    Mastery =1.11

That is with 16% haste unbuffed, I have a haste enchant on main hand and versatility on off hand, changing them around on simcraft makes no difference to DPS, I wondered if there was any reason to use certain enchants on main or off hand?

I also wondered as haste is low down for me should I swap it for a crit enchant? it sims 60 DPS higher but I haven't seen any other DH's using anything other than haste and versatility on weapons and some have haste on main hand and versatility on off hand and some have it the other way around *confused*

My DH if anyone wants to have a look to offer advice
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain it doesn't matter which enchant is on which hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

MH or OH doesn't make any difference AFAIK, at least on sim they have the exact same uptimes and such

Yes you should probably use vers+crit, the weights are generally stronger than haste if your gear isn't bad (especially if you have a furious gaze, which provides haste instead of having it on your gear)
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2018-10-15 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how you sim your stat weights. You'll get different results depending on if you scale over stat increase or a mix of increase/decrease.

Best way to sim enchants is to sim the different combinations or do a weights sim with no enchants and pick the two highest stats.

I use crot/vers atm because like you, my haste isnt as strong anymore.
    Malvanis | <Scuffed> OCE

Drop by if you have any DH questions:
    http://www.twitch.tv/malvanis

5+ Year Old Account
    Wait a minute.

Are you telling me that as Havoc, I should prioritize Crit over Haste? Because if that's the case I've been choosing the wrong damn gear! Been favoring Haste ->Vers -> Crit. I'm only at 347 ilvl but all the same. Demonic build of course.

16% Haste, 19% crit, 23% Mastery (slowly getting rid of the pieces with it on them) and 4% Versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian80 View Post
    Wait a minute.

Are you telling me that as Havoc, I should prioritize Crit over Haste? Because if that's the case I've been choosing the wrong damn gear! Been favoring Haste ->Vers -> Crit. I'm only at 347 ilvl but all the same. Demonic build of course.

16% Haste, 19% crit, 23% Mastery (slowly getting rid of the pieces with it on them) and 4% Versatility.
    You would need to sim yourself, that is what I did and found that for me haste was below crit, it may be different for you.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    You would need to sim yourself, that is what I did and found that for me haste was below crit, it may be different for you.
    You were right. I just did it, and my own sim puts haste quite a bit ahead of crit. So I suppose I'm fine.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian80 View Post
    You were right. I just did it, and my own sim puts haste quite a bit ahead of crit. So I suppose I'm fine.

Thanks!
    It is somewhere around 20-22% haste where the flip happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It is somewhere around 20-22% haste where the flip happens.
    It's super dependant on azerite gear tbf, get even one furious rage and haste becomes lower than mastery at around 12 - 14%, before i even has a furious gaze piece i was always seeing vers and crit come up higher after haste hit 14-16%

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    It's super dependant on azerite gear tbf, get even one furious rage and haste becomes lower than mastery at around 12 - 14%, before i even has a furious gaze piece i was always seeing vers and crit come up higher after haste hit 14-16%
    Do you have a piece with Reorg array that gives haste cause that will tank it in sims since most assume that you have 5 or 10 stacks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Do you have a piece with Reorg array that gives haste cause that will tank it in sims since most assume that you have 5 or 10 stacks
    Sort of, baseline it gives crit, however within meta, due to furious gaze, it boosts haste up high enough to activate array for haste, its basicaly all tied to the fact i use furious gaze on a piece of gear which will always heavily tank haste within sims

both main hand and off hand work