Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hmmm kind of feels like Ion is on his way out ( as he should be) and feels like a lot of things are going on Behind the scenes. Wonder If Holinka coming back means he will be taking over as GAme director
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I wonder if Wildberry knows the difference between a subjective opinion and something that is "inarguable".
    Says the guy stumbling over obvious hyperbole.

Not the best look, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Warfronts aren't PvP though.
    Not yet. Never underestimate a man (Holinka) with a dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Hmmm kind of feels like Ion is on his way out ( as he should be) and feels like a lot of things are going on Behind the scenes. Wonder If Holinka coming back means he will be taking over as GAme director
    No, it means that he will be in charge of combat systems and PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am sure a good deal of people on this forum shat on him when he was in charge.....and now he is the Messiah?
    Uh-huh.

Here's a sample: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t=Fire+Holinka

I'll have to check the PVP forums to see how this is being received.

EDIT1: They're not talking about it yet.
    EDIT2: To be fair the cynic in me is certain that if GC returned to Blizzard it would be even more than this with Holinka.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-10-20 at 08:51 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Probably not. Seems more like a serious attempt to bring back people to fix bfa or more likely make the next expansion great again =p

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Hopefully it means they are going to do better job with class design with someone new filling this role.
    Nah just next person in line to be blamed for every single little thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is in charge of class balance at the moment?

I can't say that I actually know, tbh.

Isn't Holinka the one that went on a very big (well deserved, but entirely unprofessional) rant against the community? or was that ghostcrawler?

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Holinka will make DKs great again.
    Maybe he'll return us to WoD glory with presences, howling blast spam, dispel and thicc self heal. Now that I think about it... probably not.

Glad to have him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Not yet. Never underestimate a man (Holinka) with a dream.
    I dream of warfronts being hours long pvp events, but I can't see it happening. Best case scenario they offer 2 versions, one that makes the games quick, because you know people will ask for it. And they'll have a real version that is basically a normal warfront with pvp players that should last as long as it needs to.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Isn't Holinka the one that went on a very big (well deserved, but entirely unprofessional) rant against the community? or was that ghostcrawler?
    I mean pick a dev and they've probably ranted about the community before.

Though if you're talking the twitter rant (that wasn't about the community but about politics) a few weeks back, that was Lore.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I dream of warfronts being hours long pvp events, but I can't see it happening. Best case scenario they offer 2 versions, one that makes the games quick, because you know people will ask for it. And they'll have a real version that is basically a normal warfront with pvp players that should last as long as it needs to.
    Instead we'll get Ashran as a PvE Warfront in 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nileroze View Post
    Oh, that dick? He's back? So glad i don't play.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure a good deal of people on this forum shat on him when he was in charge.....and now he is the Messiah?
    Not to me. He's still the same dick he was back in WOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the same reason some people honestly think WoD was a better expansion than BFA. And why nobody seems to remember how hated Cataclysm was, to the point that the devs threw the old world revamp under the bus to justify how bad 80-85 was.

Once you get far enough out, and people find something new to whine about, everyone forgets what was bad about ye olden days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Who is in charge of class balance at the moment?

I can't say that I actually know, tbh.

I did some poking around. I won't name him, but there was an interview at the beginning of Legion, where a dude was hired as lead class designer. He'd worked on FX previous to that. His name is in the credits. I don't want to start a posse here, but the position exists, and someone is in it.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I thought that was one of the CMs who finally got tired of forum trolls and snapped on them. I forget which one, but he posted a pretty big rant about how all the crap he saw on the forums was wearing him down, how forum trolls were running players away from the game, etc. iirc, the post was quickly deleted, and it was announced not long after that he was no longer with Blizzard.

edit: I guess that's probably not the only time it's happened, but the guy I'm thinking of was one of the CMs who posted on the forums, not a dev. This was several years ago.
    Last edited by avitush; 2018-10-20 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I did some poking around. I won't name him, but there was an interview at the beginning of Legion, where a dude was hired as lead class designer. He'd worked on FX previous to that. His name is in the credits. I don't want to start a posse here, but the position exists, and someone is in it.
    Not to kick dirt on a guy while he's down but I wonder what happened that got him out of that position. Is he leaving the company to go elsewhere? Is he being shuffled to the "Mystery Project?" Did he get demoted due to Azerite? The GCD? Talents?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    It's Adam Kugler. Posse GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Says the guy stumbling over obvious hyperbole.

Not the best look, honestly.
    Why does Wildberry speak of himself so?