Thread: New DEMO News

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You are just trolling at this point.

Limited time is refering the 6 day time period.

No one knew about this until today.
    Just ignore him. He first tried to claim some outrageous shit that nobody was complaining about and now he is just arguing over worthless semantics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    a hard time limit, depending how long, is going to make testing quite a headache.

that said, I will be shocked if they limit home users to less than 1 hour per session.
    Ah yes, but coordinated groups are already being created in preparation, tis why I said it.

For instance on debuff slots you just have to create 16-17 warlocks and go cast agony on some elite in the zone, easy peasy since we start at lv 15.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Just ignore him. He first tried to claim some outrageous shit that nobody was complaining about and now he is just arguing over worthless semantics.
    This is a slap in the face for streamers
    And for people who intended to watch streamers.

I guess i can, if i know exaclty when they login on the demo...but i never know.

Its a little silly they only specified this now?
    The only time restriction said was the 6 day period of the demo.

Only saying now its limited game time?
    Well, better late than never i suppose.

Again, what i think happened is that they got a lot of sales and saw "godamm we will have a lot of people playing the demo"
    So they decided at the last minute to give a restriction.
    Thats my guess.
    Or, you know, it works exactly like every fucking Blizzcon demo that has ever existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    No PvP. No Dungeons. Pre-made characters only, Westfall and Barrens only, and you'll be kicked from the demo after an hour of playing. $50 well spent.
    You do realize that the $50 gets you access to loads of other content, right? or are you one of those people who have been crying "$50 for a DEMO!?!"

I get it. It's hard to argue or think clearly when your angry. When I am stuck in traffic, I don't make major life decisions because I have road rage.

I am going to let you be frustrated and feel things feelings you need to feel... and stop trolling you with logic and facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are just trolling at this point.

Limited time is refering the 6 day time period.

No one knew about this until today.
    Who cares though? were you planning on playing 15-19 for 10 hours per day? LOL!

The time constraint is to simulate all the random disconnects. "Thank you, Blizzard; this is exactly how I remember it!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe you shills are defending this. Are you just unable to imagine a world where Blizzard can do better than the bare minimum? I can't think of any other reason that people would explicitly defend practices that hurt/neglect the consumers.

Like... you can love playing World of Warcraft and still realize when Blizzard is being flagrantly cheap and shitty. You can have both. It's probably healthy to at least toe that line.

I should first say I could care less about the demo.

However...

What doesn't actually make sense is why they wouldn't just let the people at Blizzcon play for 4 days after Blizzcon and remove the time limit.

If I have to pay $50 to play the demo then I paid for it. If I could try the demo without paying anything it would be free. I find it hilarious either people cant grasp that concept or they are just being dense for sake of defending Blizz.

Also, they never told us before now it was a limited time demo.
    You are paying to watch Blizzcon. For paying for blizzcon you get the welcome package which does include the Classic Demo....... You are not buying the game, they are providing you demo of a game. Not a beta, or an alpha....... A DEMO. If you thought you would get a large portion of the game you are out of your mind and as unrealistic as the #nochanges people.

PSA: You can contact Blizzard's customer support and ask for a refund, you will receive it. I did.

I get why Blizzcon attendees need to be time-constrained at the venue, but I find that unreasonable to do that for people playing at home bothering nobody and taking up nobody's spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I should first say I could care less about the demo.

However...

What doesn't actually make sense is why they wouldn't just let the people at Blizzcon play for 4 days after Blizzcon and remove the time limit.
    It does since they do not want to commit a huge section of server infrastructure to hosting a limited time Demo. They will get all the testing data they need from a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    Another reason why I'll never purchase a virtual ticket. Blizzard should've included this information, before selling the tickets.
    What'd you expect? You people are so entitled holy crap
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by thebryan View Post
    Time limit seems fair to me. Otherwise there is going to be people playing all day.
    They are completely within their right to do that if they wish?

It's bad enough the demo is only active for x amount of time, I can't believe their putting a restriction on on a restriction. If they don't feel like they can facilitate it so people can play en masses it never should have been included in the ticket.

Could you imagine when you were a kid if you got a metal gear solid demo disk or something and 20 minutes into the demo a message just popped up saying "Thanks for playing, thats your lot!"
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    PSA: You can contact Blizzard's customer support and ask for a refund, you will receive it. I did.

I get why Blizzcon attendees need to be time-constrained at the venue, but I find that unreasonable to do that for people playing at home bothering nobody and taking up nobody's spot.
    But you are they are going to be running on a limited infrastructure for this Demo. They are not going to spin up enough servers for everyone to be logged in at the same time 24/7 for the 4 or so days. So yes you will be taking up someones spot and likely will have some queuing during prime time to get into the demo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Who cares though? were you planning on playing 15-19 for 10 hours per day? LOL!
    I didnt pay for the ticket because i "knew" there werent going to be any dungeons to do.
    Otherwise i would have bought it.

Im just sad i wont be able to watch streamers playing it.
    Ill need to be lucky to catch a streamer at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It does since they do not want to commit a huge section of server infrastructure to hosting a limited time Demo. They will get all the testing data they need from a couple days.
    They already are committing what is need (barely anything) and the demo doesn't exist specifically for feedback purposes.

It's a demo, not a beta.

I cannot say I am suprised. This is why you dont buy a BlizzCon VT for the trinkets.. you buy it for a BlizzCon VT... and then enjoy the trinkets that come with it.. or else you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Or, you know, it works exactly like every fucking Blizzcon demo that has ever existed.
    This is the first playable demo at home though.