Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    last time I tanked in kings rest the archers butchered me. Not sure if this was an oversight, but most off the stuff there was unblockable. Not sure if this was possible in the past tbh.

Edit:
    To be honest, I would like the tank being completly reworked. A Style that emphasies on the shield and block in General. Maybe with shield entchants for warrior Only. Where you rather play around your shield durability instead of just your HP and migating as much as you could. Could be a fun Idea to toy around with and would fit in the Warrior class fantasy.
    Last edited by mmocc439c57469; 2018-10-24 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    last time I tanked in kings rest the archers butchered me. Not sure if this was an oversight, but most off the stuff there was unblockable. Not sure if this was possible in the past tbh.
    Archers in King's Rest, the dudes throwing rocks in Tol Dagor, gunners in MOTHERLODE and a few other mobs that aren't really a big deal when I play my DH would completely destroy my Warrior, whose only defense was Ignore Pain's very pitiful absorb on the GCD.

If these mobs are now blockable I'm going to be very happy.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Despite IP being off GCD now, i dont see anyone mentioning it, interesting.

P.S Check wowhead last ptr notes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Despite IP being off GCD now, i dont see anyone mentioning it, interesting.

P.S Check wowhead last ptr notes.
    What? This has been mentioned on the last page several times and a few replies above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by sofnr View Post
    What? This has been mentioned on the last page several times and a few replies above yours.
    Yeah i am a fucktard, i meant big caps lock post.

Quote Originally Posted by sofnr View Post
    I'm glad they did that, honestly, tying that to a specific azerite trait was stupid anyhow. I'd rather have some other form of buff in place that isn't reliant on getting that magical piece with the right traits.

Anyhow to recap https://www.wowhead.com/news=288111/...-class-changes
    - Deafening Crash extends to 6 seconds max
    - 16 recharge on SB instead of 18 seconds
    - Ignore Pain now off the GCD.
    - Vanguard, another 5% increase on both

I guess a step in the right direction, I think my main concern is ranged/magical damage. We're fine on the physical front but anything to do with ranged splats us.
    A step in the right direction ? More like a step to nothing but bandaid fixes to keep a dead spec with fondamentals core issues stand till the end of the expansion.

For sure theses changes will help any warrior do to better with their prot spec, it's a good thing in this regard. But it also shows that there is no major overhaul for the spec coming anywhere soon at this point, Protection is still a spec with an extremely bad talent tree with some of the talents being completely useless/dead/unusuable.

It just shows how much lazy Blizzard is when it comes to class updates. Theses changes would be acceptable as a hotfix before Uldir came out while waiting for real changes in 8.1.

Instead we are getting Nothing during the whole start of the expansion and a shitty hotfix for the "big 8.1 patch"

cba with this shitty extension tbh it's too much

Deleted
    taking IP off the GCD accomplishes nothing

It is still a crap spell that costs way too much rage.

And most importantly a Prot Warrior still offers zero utility.

To me it just feels like Prot warrior has made 2 step backwards going into BFA, now it's kinda making one step forward by going back with IP off GCD and SB reduced CD (wich were already in Legion)
    + Even with IP being off GCD, it is still worst than the Legion's IP w/o fixed absorb value

Idk, it's just pathetic.
    Last edited by omegalulz; 2018-10-24 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    When is the last time warriors were actually good? Seems like warrior tanks have been on the low end forever, except Emerald Dream when they immediately got supernerfed.
    About 3 weeks in Legion and before that maybe mop?

The changes on the PTR are underwhelming. I wish Blizzard would understand that a tank is there to avoid dying. Having the highest DPS of all the tanks is a rubbish and useless niche.

Deleted
    My god, changes occure and still this damn crying.

"Wäh wäh Ip off GCD would help so much" - half of mmochamp/skyhold war in the last few weeks

-> IP off GCD

"Wäh wäh doesn`t help Blizz my specc is not perfect"

I don`t know, but to contribute something useful for all the guys crying their eyes out, a lil Spoilerwarning:

Speccs are not meant to be perfect, Blizz wants some Kind of "Frustration" build in.

live with it or stop playing and pretending your opinions are in any Kind valid fixes, they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberdonna View Post
    Speccs are not meant to be perfect, Blizz wants some Kind of "Frustration" build in.
    How about they shove their seasonal dose of "frustration" into havoc DH or some other spec that has no weaknesses?

How the heck did they manage to accomplish that out of 5 healer classes 4 are used in m+ and raids (and 5th is getting some buffs) but with tanks you have 1 dominant spec in each type of pve content and rest lagging behind tremendously?

Specs are meant to have strengths and weaknesses but atm it seems some specs have too many weaknesses while others have too many strengths.

Yes, the changes are in correct direction (IP off gcd, 2 sec off shield block cd, ranged shots blockable) but it doesn't do anything about the fact there's 1 cookie cutter talent build with tons of dead talents. And tbh it's Blizzard's general sin towards tanks, every spec has some "dead talents" but tanks have tons of them.

most ez way to fix prot warriors? mannoroth's bloodletting manacles as baseline/talent spec is fixed and 100% better for all. its very ez but will prolly never happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberdonna View Post
    My god, changes occure and still this damn crying.
    live with it or stop playing and pretending your opinions are in any Kind valid fixes, they are not.
    Dude, I will try to say it politely.

Any disconnected feedback from a community that is not united in their stand will be neglected and any further details that have to be polished will be dismissed. That is how things work everywhere on Earth.

What seems to be the general opinion of the community about the recent changes is that while they are certainly welcome they are simply not enough to warrant that Warriors won't be the underdog tanks in the Warcraft universe anymore.

Feel free to agree or disagree but do NOT go against your own kind. Every now and then someone like you, about 1 out of 10, thinks that everything is all right and he is awesome just because he can do HIS content without problems. And HIS content is usually fairly average.

I second everything said in the post below.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    How about they shove their seasonal dose of "frustration" into havoc DH or some other spec that has no weaknesses?

How the heck did they manage to accomplish that out of 5 healer classes 4 are used in m+ and raids (and 5th is getting some buffs) but with tanks you have 1 dominant spec in each type of pve content and rest lagging behind tremendously?

Specs are meant to have strengths and weaknesses but atm it seems some specs have too many weaknesses while others have too many strengths.

Yes, the changes are in correct direction (IP off gcd, 2 sec off shield block cd, ranged shots blockable) but it doesn't do anything about the fact there's 1 cookie cutter talent build with tons of dead talents. And tbh it's Blizzard's general sin towards tanks, every spec has some "dead talents" but tanks have tons of them
    P.S. I am a grown up man but the kid inside me screams: I WANT MY SS PURGE AND GAG ORDER BACK!!! Thank you.

Excuse me, if it's a dumb question, but do the changes to block (ranged physical attacks) affect protection paladin too? Also, which tank (war or pala) is currently better for casual mythic+ and BGs? (just returned from a 2-year break). Thank you vm!
    Last edited by Neyo; 2018-10-24 at 07:46 PM. Reason: additional question

I hope so, Palas also need help and of the two I'd say Pala.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Latest PTR update has nerfed Ignore Pain.

Cooldown changed from 0 to 0.5 seconds. What ever they are smoking at Blizzard it must be some really good s**t.
    This is how uninformed opinions spread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    if anything, it would be a buff since it's on standard 1.5 sec cooldown (before haste)

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    When I posted that the only thing available were patch notes, the PTR wasn't online yet to check anything. Context is as important as the detail itself.

It's ridiculous to release a game when half of the specs are not finished.

I'm unsubbed because of that btw.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2018-10-25 at 07:39 AM.