Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    High elves are also on the brink of extinction lorewise, you know. Just because you seem to think it is bad doesn't make it bad. They are both low number elf variants ... at least, I remain consistent in my stance.
    Oh I know. But they do not depend on 1-2 members of their race for their direct survival like San'layn do, either. And unlike the San'layn, they are a very well-accepted part of the Alliance. And comparatively, there are a lot more of them.

Losing Dreven is comparable to having Vereesa Windrunner killed off alongside the entire Silver Covenant perhaps. But comparing it to the loss of a random lodge in the Plaguelands? No... it's just a bad analogy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Anderson View Post

I thought the new allied races were confirmed already?
    What are the elves even supposed to be? Vulpera sure, but if you are suggesting night elf dark rangers are the new allied race for Alliance, then lol. That is fan fiction level stuff, and that's being generous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    What are the elves even supposed to be? Vulpera sure, but if you are suggesting night elf dark rangers are the new allied race for Alliance, then lol. That is fan fiction level stuff, and that's being generous.
    Wasn't even the first time it was brought up in this thread, see also;
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    San'layn isn't happening but I'm almost 100% sure that Undead Night Elves will happen due to recent developments in Darkshore.

And that is as close to San'layn you're gonna get.
    Plus, I saw it on YouTube so it must be true. Why would someone lie on the internet? Right?

Plus, I saw it on YouTube so it must be true. Why would someone lie on the internet? Right?
    Wait, are you actually serious or just trolling me? I honestly can't tell at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, are you actually serious or just trolling me? I honestly can't tell at this point.
    It's a little sad that blizzards future development possibilities are so bad that people think seriously discussing these things are trolling. I mean have you seen the 3rd path to the Saurfang quest. Pure genius.
    totally trolling. literally couldn't care less about future allied races

It's a little sad that blizzards future development possibilities are so bad that people think seriously discussing these things are trolling. I mean have you seen the 3rd path to the Saurfang quest. Pure genius.
    totally trolling. literally couldn't care less about future allied races
    Heh, fair enough then, friend!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaV View Post
    I am still hopeful that we get the Vampire Elves simply because I have always wanted to play as one. Thought it was an appropriate balance to the Worgan.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaV View Post
    Having said all that, I think the odds of the San’Layn are low because of how the current story line unfolded.
    Sure, but i do not care if chances are low, or how the story unfolded thus far. Maybe in 8.3. or 8.3.5. or even 9.0 the chances to return to them are much better? Its more about what we want as players. Do you really want snake and fox people over San'layn? That still have no connection to DKs and look bad in Tsets?

Also, i got the feeling the next expansion will be undead themed again, it would be nice, to have more options to choose from. Dk as a class is old by now, you unlocked all allied races on both factions so far, and got not rewarded, why should any DK player accept this?

Not even 1 allied races playable thus far.....not even dark iron dwarves. They would have made a lot more sense than normal dwarves that could be DKs and both existed since vanilla wow, with the only difference that dark iron dwarves were not playable - and here i present you the other allied race for dks to be playable for the alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

Didn't see anything about it, no. I am saying so based on the 8.1 scenario

Actually this is why this thread even exists(other then doing dks more justice)

If people stay passive and won't get vocal what they want, or not want, blizz will possibly give you a lot of odd options that still make no sense and won't cover all the classes.

Certainly, more races could fit DHs, too, void elf and nightborn could be a good start. Every class should have an option to an allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Sure, but i do not care if chances are low, or how the story unfolded thus far. Maybe in 8.3. or 8.3.5. or even 9.0 the chances to return to them are much better? Its more about what we want as players. Do you really want snake and fox people over San'layn? That still have no connection to DKs and look bad in Tsets?
    San’layn is at the top of my want list and has been for some time. I think the Fox and Snake people are fine and hope that those people that want to play them can, I enjoy Racial diversity and maximizing customization and seeing a richly populated world. I get a strange buzz when doing mythics and everyone is a different race, probably my Fellowship of the Ring geekdom kicking in. The chances of me playing a Fox, less than one percent; chance of me playing a snake—nil; chance of San’layn—100%.

So—I am hoping, we do get them, and then I am going to hunt down Worgan.
    And on my Worgan—hunt down vamps.

Also, i got the feeling the next expansion will be undead themed again, it would be nice, to have more options to choose from. Dk as a class is old by now, you unlocked all allied races on both factions so far, and got not rewarded, why should any DK player accept this?
    I would like to see the acceptable DK roster expanded and for that matter refreshed and updated to something current, even starting like DH at level 100, but I recognize that others may resent the idea.

Not even 1 allied races playable thus far.....not even dark iron dwarves. They would have made a lot more sense than normal dwarves that could be DKs and both existed since vanilla wow, with the only difference that dark iron dwarves were not playable - and here i present you the other allied race for dks to be playable for the alliance!
    Dark Iron Dwarves should be able to DK, as far as I am concerned.

If anyone asks—I don’t care if they get their Herritage Armor too easily, but if that’s a sticking point then don’t award herritage armor to hero classes.

Fortunately the San'layn were entirely wiped out during the Alliance war campaign. They won't be coming back, nor should they. I am not even going to devolve this into "we don't need more elves", because I don't have to. San'layn are a ridiculous concept for an allied race, and they were killed off.

Death knights 'fitting' an allied race are not the reason they weren't added to them. Death knights would fit virtually any race. It's a lot of extra effort to add that class though, than it would be for, say, a hunter, warrior, priest, etc. It requires special, unique skins to do so, as well as figuring out a way to work them into the story and decide how it impacts heritage armor, etc.
    Don't forget it means they also must alter parts of the starting quest experience yet again so that the new race is represented in certain parts of the story. I can imagine having to write up dialogue for the new NPCs of said starting experience is also a chore. Probably a big part of the reason why they stopped after Worgen and Goblins.

People saying that the San'layn are all dead, when the San'layn we see in BFA weren't even known of before that... That's some fine logic there.

We see tons of San'layn in ICC that have no names and we know of 3 prince level San'layn who are unaccounted for. They even added a never before known daughter of the Blood Queen in Legion and in BFA, Dreven who is never(to my knowledge) confirmed to be leader of all the surviving San'layn, is training neophytes(that means newbies).

They might not add San'layn and Undead Night Elves as playable, but I doubt we've seen the last of them from what we've seen so far. If there's a SoO2.0, Sylvanas is going to need someone to fill it and the Forsaken aren't going to be enough.

I think, there must be the San'layn as new allied race for the horde.(they joined them in BfA)

And DKs would fit as an allied race class this time around.

Lets pretend, BfAs bad class design never existed and DKs would still be popular, people would possibly be hyped about it?!
    If Alliance can't have High Elves because "there's hardly any left" there definitely should be no playable San'layn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    If Alliance can't have High Elves because "there's hardly any left" there definitely should be no playable San'layn.
    I think and hope the alliance do ultimately get high elves—and i hope the appearance is somehow distinguished apart from both blood and night elves. I personally don’t want to play one, but clearly many people do, so I would open those doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Don't forget it means they also must alter parts of the starting quest experience yet again so that the new race is represented in certain parts of the story. I can imagine having to write up dialogue for the new NPCs of said starting experience is also a chore. Probably a big part of the reason why they stopped after Worgen and Goblins.
    As far as dks goes, it makes perfectly sense to make a new starting zone for them, now, after 10 years with that many changes in class design, lore and a new LK.

- - - Updated - - -

Void Elves are good enough and its an allied race.

Besides the Alliance version of an allied DK must be Dark Iron Dwarf.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiry View Post
    Vulpera are all but confirmed for next Horde allied race. The question is what are the Alliance getting when Horde get Vulpera.
    Tuskarrrrr!

There shouldn't be any fucking void elves if they were serious about that bullshit argument. That was just a vain attempt of Ion to deflect like most of his other excuses that tried to justify why they had to force the comical spin of void elves on people. They also continue to add fucking high elf mage NPCs to the game with every other patch to piss off the alliance guys that want them.. I would find it funny tbh if that pinocchio wasn't the damn lead game designer.

As for the vamp elves, I think they were only added to give the alliance another easy and free of consequences reason to paint Sylvanas as more evil, now dealing with former scourge races of all things. The horde has next to no interaction with them.

I also very much doubt we will see undead nelfs in the horde, they will be disposable troops in the darkshore warfront and joing the bitch queen's little collection of disposable toys that are technically part of the forsaken but not playable. Their whole reasoning for existing is beyond stupid to begin with, let alone their motivation to join the very cunt that caused their death and misery, yet they blame the vaguely defined deity for not handing them an insta-win. They are walking plot holes and I don't want the scum in my faction, I hope the alliance kills off every last one of them.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-10-25 at 05:01 AM.

Still kinda funny to see Alliance players not understanding this.

Think of it like this. Just like there's classes and hero classes, there's races and... hero class races. High Elves population is one of the smallest normal races in the world, being a fraction of the Blood Elves who are a fraction of what they were, not too long ago. Their population is spread out, living among the humans instead of their own settlements, logically their future is good as they'll probably just breed into the human race and die off(like their 2 leaders are doing now). Let me ask you, when's the last time you saw High Elf children?

Now a Hero Class Race isn't restricted by this, because their population isn't maintained in the same way. And their members are almost 100% fighters, where a normal race has like 10-15% capable of fighting? Void Elves(which I think should have been a class) get more void elves by people joining up and drinking the purple coolaid. Population is sustained by that. San'layn get their members through necromancy and we see in BFA that Dreven has neophytes. Their population is 100% fighters, just like the Void Elves. They're a hero class race.

This also applies to any race that is created through necromancy or any race that has an extremely higher fighting percentage or even any race that is new and created for the very purpose of allied race.

Let me give you one final example though, hopefully this helps. You might be aware but Botani and Saberon came over with the Mag'har Orcs. We can't tell how many came if it was just a handful or maybe close to dozens of each(in game I think it's just 1 each). But if we were to debate of either becoming allied, I'd say that Botani fit the Hero Class Race so that's a yes, but Saberon are a normal race, so highly unlikely that they will be.

Sorry to say but High Elves don't fit any criteria for being an Allied race. Blizzard could change their mind though, this is a fictional world after all.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think, there must be the San'layn as new allied race for the horde.(they joined them in BfA)
    The part where the fucker killed an entire Forsaken warship's crew to empower himself makes them a piss poor option for the horde, even with the reckless bullshit the undead are doing the San'layn aren't a fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    San'layn isn't happening but I'm almost 100% sure that Undead Night Elves will happen due to recent developments in Darkshore.
    If you saw the events of Darkshore and thought 'Allied race' instead of 'Dark Ranger Class' you should put the bottle down before posting.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Void Elves(which I think should have been a class) get more void elves by people joining up and drinking the purple coolaid. Population is sustained by that.
    I think it's kinda funny you go into a whole diatribe without realizing there is no definitive proof of this. Just wild speculation due to a few NPCs standing around.

Void Elves so far, only consist of the Silvermoon Blood Elves that were the exiles with Umbric who got forcefully changed through an interrupted magic ritual.

Keyword is interrupted. The game doesn't show us new Void Elves being made like it shows training of DH recruits and raising of DKs.

We currently have no idea if it can be replicated or not. Or if people would even want to subject themselves to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Night Lolwarrior View Post
    The part where the fucker killed an entire Forsaken warship's crew to empower himself makes them a piss poor option for the horde, even with the reckless bullshit the undead are doing the San'layn aren't a fit.

- - - Updated - - -

If you saw the events of Darkshore and thought 'Allied race' instead of 'Dark Ranger Class' you should put the bottle down before posting.
    All of this btw. Someone who isn't clueless on things, thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Lore has never stopped Blizzard before...

If the models and armor look cool sure, I'd make a vampire elf.
    Blizzard JUST killed them off, probably to put a nip to that bud.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.