Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    this is completely incorrect. the way it is written does not imply there are any unique rewards to the sylvanas side.
    In the picture above your comment it says that there are...

(The big grey warning sign above the Troll)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Thanks.

After doing some reading of it, I'm slightly happy, but still really disappointed. This illusion of choice, doesn't matter because they're still going to go through with the original version, you just remove yourself from this.

Unless they make a drastic change going forward with how they wanted to original do this story, we're just going to keep seeing moments where we have a choice of doing the story or sitting back(option 2 and 3) or they'll just say screw it and force us to do it anyways

Still an improvement on not having a choice at all I guess :/

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The Johnny Awesome ending.

Damn it all if this is real I'm not sure I'll be able to resist it.

I officially nominate this the greatest thread ever. It's so bad it's good because it's real and Blizzard just doesn't care anymore. I love it.

Yep i shall be choosing the 3rd option and just say hey non of my business.

I dont want to try to kill Saurfang or disobey my Warchief so i will just sit this one out which i feel i have earned the right to do that after all the shit i have done over the years.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-10-25 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    In the picture above your comment it says that there are...

(The big grey warning sign above the Troll)
    no, you seem to be having trouble reading. it says "you will not be able to obtain the worn cloak toy, but other rewards will be obtainable"

now, using our firm grasp of the english language, we can easily interpret that nowhere here does it imply these "other rewards" will be unique to the questline, or even exclusive to the choice to side with sylvanas. in fact, it may well be referring to gold and reputation.

I hope this a joke lol. What's the point in caring about the lore if even the game itself is laughing at it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    After doing some reading of it, I'm slightly happy, but still really disappointed. This illusion of choice, doesn't matter because they're still going to go through with the original version, you just remove yourself from this.

Unless they make a drastic change going forward with how they wanted to original do this story, we're just going to keep seeing moments where we have a choice of doing the story or sitting back(option 2 and 3) or they'll just say screw it and force us to do it anyways

Still an improvement on not having a choice at all I guess :/
    Trouble is they have to pick a narrative rout because this is an MMO not a single player RPG. They did this to make the people who are pro Sylvanas happy but eventually they will still culminate the story arc the way they see fit (what ever that may be), yes you may want Sylvanas to come out the victor but they may have other plans.

Admittedly I would have put this choice at the very end of the quest, where you could side with the dark ranger and then Saurfang promptly rushes you and knocks you out. Later you wake up alone in the swamp left to report the dead dark ranger, effectively ending on the same point but better allowing the story to unfold.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2018-10-25 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    I love that hordes players are bitching over "lol a 3 option how stupid" but atleast hordes actually get story that matters. While the alliance is just usued as an over aggresor to make the vulpera joine the hordes. While who know what shitty race the alliance will get instedt

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmod View Post

I cannot believe this! This is amazing! Now this, this is something I REALLY like. And what I will definitely choose to follow. To hell with both Sylvanas and Saurfang.
    Well fuck. Guess I’m choosing that option then. Fuck Saurfang and Sylvanas, I’m off on vacation.

To hell with Sorefang and memetroll. I can’t wait to kill them and Baine.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's honestly pathetic people are actually falling for this obvious troll...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    To hell with Sorefang and memetroll. I can’t wait to kill them and Baine.
    Careful not to cut yourself with that edginess...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Deleted
    Credit where it's due, Blizzard know full well how invested the fans are in having the choice in this scenario and that we're datamining the shit out of it so they have just gone all-out troll mode and planted something which is so clearly a joke As if they would seriously impose all of this allegiance-centric story on us only for our PC to just abandon all of that and say "fuck it, I'm out of here" out of nowhere - props to you Blizzard, looking at most of the responses on this thread you sure got us good lol

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    It's honestly pathetic people are actually falling for this obvious troll...

Can't even blame them at this point. If someone told me this would be the plot of BfA last November I would've thought they were trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Right now this choice is bullcrap because siding with Saurfang is the only way to get the toy.
    You only need to get the toy on one character, though. The chances that someone is a Horde main (Alliance alts would probably side with Saurfang anyway) AND cares about collecting toys (there's nothing all that unique about this one to make you want it specifically) AND only has a single character, after all the free boosts, class specific stuff in Legion and Allied Races, not to mention Demon Hunters starting at 100, are so slim it would just be arguing for argument's sake.

Plus they can always add the toy to some vendor somewhere down the line, like they did with the Darkspear Revolution stuff from MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not an illusion of choice, this is about your character, not the lore figures. The events still play out the same way, but your character is able to pick sides or refuse to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Trouble is they have to pick a narrative rout because this is an MMO not a single player RPG. They did this to make the people who are pro Sylvanas happy but eventually they will still culminate the story arc the way they see fit (what ever that may be), yes you may want Sylvanas to come out the victor but they may have other plans.
    It's not that I want Sylvanas to come out the victor, it's more of that I just don't want this to be a thing in the first place. I want to move forward with the lore, not backwards and fight my own faction again.

I agree they have to pick a narrative to go with, but that then tells us that there's more of this coming later on. If this was a one and done and we never betray Sylvanas again, it's whatever, but this is telling us that there's going to be another moment. I really really don't want to go through another "Vol'jin's Rebellion" again and this just feels like it's coming, especially now that I'm being told I'm making the wrong choice in not siding with Saurfang.

Admittedly I would have put this choice at the very end of the quest, where you could side with the dark ranger and then Saurfang promptly rushes you and knocks you out. Later you wake up alone in the swamp left to report the dead dark ranger, effectively ending on the same point but better allowing the story to unfold.
    I'd like that a lot more than what we have now. xD

I'm absolutely choosing that option. It perfectly sums up how I feel about the faction war and Horde's approaching civil war as a whole.

"Fuck it, this is stupid. I'm gonna go to the beach."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm positively sobbing right now.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I love that hordes players are bitching over "lol a 3 option how stupid" but atleast hordes actually get story that matters. While the alliance is just usued as an over aggresor to make the vulpera joine the hordes. While who know what shitty race the alliance will get instedt
    Well by the speculations regarding Mekkatorque i think we can safely say we are getting cyborg gnomes of some sort. Something no one asked for except for the greatest fringes of the community that actually likes gnomes...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It's not an illusion of choice, this is about your character, not the lore figures. The events still play out the same way, but your character is able to pick sides or refuse to get involved.
    The outcome doesn't change and you'll find that there's no significance later on as @Whitedragon pointed out, this is an mmo. The illusion of choice is that more players will be willing to accept what Blizzard does, if they believe there's choices involved. Maybe I showed have said "Hobson's Choice" but I feel like the Architect from the matrix has a nice quote about it.
    As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly ninety-nine percent of the test subjects accepted the program provided they were given a choice - even if they were only aware of it at a near-unconscious level.

The outcome doesn't change and you'll find that there's no significance later on as @Whitedragon pointed out, this is an mmo. The illusion of choice is that more players will be willing to accept what Blizzard does, if they believe there's choices involved. Maybe I showed have said "Hobson's Choice" but I feel like the Architect from the matrix has a nice quote about it.
    It depends what you mean by significance. I assume the characters will react to us differently when we start the next step, maaaybe we'll get a different quest or two, but I wouldn't bet on it. But that's enough!

Like you said, this is an MMO, not a Telltale game. They can't give us different endings, and they can't take a poll on what the players choose either, because that would leave the poll losers with a nonsensical story progression. The point here is simply allowing players to take a stance on a controversial plot development. It's not going to influence the lore because the lore is bigger than our characters, even though we're thrust into it all the time by gameplay necessity.