Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    having less information and less elitism any day over the shit thats going on now
    Blizzard fault by making item level being the #1 thing you should focus on, even saying ignore stats if the item level is higher then giving away high item level gear for very little effort or straight up luck, how is that not obviously a massive issue?

Raider-IO cuts the shit that got lucky so people don't have to waste their time on someone who shouldn't be there by checking if they can do what the group requires. Blame blizzard for the awful system, not raider-io.

having less information and less elitism any day over the shit thats going on now
    Well, there's always the blind matchmaking of LFR and LFD for you.

Deleted
    This thread and the raider.io fanboys are the prime reason blizzard need to make the API private and block this cancer
    this thread and newbie like you are the reason we need elitism

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Well, there's always the blind matchmaking of LFR and LFD for you.
    This is a special type of people - casual hardcore (do not mistake it for hardcore casuals). They're not skilled/determined enough to be a hardcore player, but too entitled to be a "filthy casual". So they want a top gameplay with best possible rewards for minimum effort.

On the other hand, to be quite honest, I really respect hardcore casuals. People who squeeze every single achievement point, every mount, pet and transmog. They're very dedicated and having fun on their own pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    "Elitism" is a buzzword of 2018

No, seriously. If I'm making a party for King's Rest and a I'm ASKING FOR PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE in the same dungeon = elitist.
    You mean, people who have participated in the dungeon.
    Because I dragged a low ilvl, low skill guildie through some higher keys and now he's labelled 'experienced player' according to RaiderIO. In reality he is still a low skill player.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    This is a special type of people - casual hardcore (do not mistake it for hardcore casuals). They're not skilled/determined enough to be a hardcore player, but too entitled to be a "filthy casual". So they want a top gameplay with best possible rewards for minimum effort.

On the other hand, to be quite honest, I really respect hardcore casuals. People who squeeze every single achievement point, every mount, pet and transmog. They're very dedicated and having fun on their own pace.
    I have said this before. MMO-C has a completely wrong idea of what 'casual' players are. They see it as players that want to do exactly the same as 'hardcore' players, just less skilled, lazier and more entitled.

Some of these will exist ofc, but most 'casuals' play the game completely different.

Some of them put in as many hours as a core Method raider, and some never set foot in a (current patch) dungeon or raid. It can take them months to level from 110 to 120 while playing several hours every day. They do crazy things like trying to get 100% "all the things" on all the classes through endless solo grinding of old content. Some do extreme multiboxing (think 20+) just farming outdoor content. Some focus pure on AH gold-making. Some specialize in PetBattles. Some only run Ironman and other challanges ...

Not that all are like this ofc. Some just like to do some questing and the occasional mount and legacy raid/dungeon farm over lunch each day.

But MMO-C somehow just thinks of LFR hero's if the word 'casual' falls.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    M+ and pvp. Hour a day, big casual yet 2.5k rated, 379 ilvl and 1232 io score.

Being a casual doesn't excuse you for being bad. You're bad because you're bad.
    You are full of yourself dude but whit 1 hour a day PVP and M+ you are a joke.
    You are no way near casual , your are also playing more then 1 hour a day , so keep your elitist crap for yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Everthing states you're a bad player unable to compete at the lowest possible competetive level. I had 350 ilvl in 3 days playing casually. How do you spend your time? Catching them all? RP fishing?
    Here oyu go again ilvl350 in 3 hours ?? since you only play 1 hour a day , again you are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    You mean, people who have participated in the dungeon.
    Because I dragged a low ilvl, low skill guildie through some higher keys and now he's labelled 'experienced player' according to RaiderIO. In reality he is still a low skill player.
    Yes, and? You can also buy boosts and get like 1200+ RIO.

You're missing the actual purpose of RIO. It's not about GUARANTEEING a good player in your party, but DECREASING the chance of getting a horrible one. Of course it's not ideal, you don't need to tell me that, but you can actually use it properly like looking at his previous runs, setups and timings. It's not that hard to differentiate a bad boosted player from a proper legit one.

Yes, it's not the best tool, but it's the best we have and can actually work with it unlike gearscore and similar stuff.
    As I said already many times: it's not like I never checked wowprogress before inviting people. It's just less of a hassle now than then.

Your post stinks of jealousness. All I have to do is run a 10+ key when I log in. I know that is pretty hard to grasp when you have trouble with a m0 key but please. If that's the case don't try to pull people to your level of incompetence.
    Again proofs you are a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by sofnr View Post
    People complaining about Raider.IO really have no clue that we will use any other metric available to determine whether you'll be a good fit or not. It's like you're applying to a job interview but you don't want to make your past available to us, of course you'll have little chance of joining.

People will always find something to judge a player by, so whether that's logs, raider IO, wowprogress or something else. If you want to have a chance of getting into groups then the easiest way is to complete a +10 in time with EVERY dungeon, that'll give you a baseline of 1000. If you can't manage that (with your key or with guildies), then that's most likely why people are hesitant to invite you as that's not a hard thing to do with the item levels today.
    This is exactly where your opinion is wrong. In fact for the greatest part of the community +10s is not easy...doesn't matter for what reason. It simply is not that easy. All the people that gather in this forum, yeah for us it is easy - because this is somewhat the dedicated playerbase. Who actually go to forums and try to improve.

And so the problem begins... you can't reach 1k rio? -> you're not allowed in anything above +5 -> can't get experience -> low rio -> not allowed into groups fpr higher keys.

Just please for the sake of the discussion keep in mind: the avarage player can't manage target swaps. They can't tab + kick a certain spell. They don't know how to set focus and are overwhelmed by keybinds. -> +10s are not easy for the current playerbase...

lol you have no idea how silly you sound right now
    And you keep on going not 1 productif post, geuss we all know what you are .

- - - Updated - - -

pvp welfare gear of course ! because if you tried you could easily get 2.5k+ rating. You just haven't got it because you didn't try ! If you tried it would be done in a few hours.

once again, that's loser mentality.
    Dude you rly have a problem.

Mother of god... some of the comments in this thread are precisely the reason why I loathe this game's community so much. Insane levels of elitist toxicity today.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I have said this before. MMO-C has a completely wrong idea of what 'casual' players are. They see it as players that want to do exactly the same as 'hardcore' players, just less skilled, lazier and more entitled.

Some of these will exist ofc, but most 'casuals' play the game completely different.

Some of them put in as many hours as a core Method raider, and some never set foot in a (current patch) dungeon or raid. It can take them months to level from 110 to 120 while playing several hours every day. They do crazy things like trying to get 100% "all the things" on all the classes through endless solo grinding of old content. Some do extreme multiboxing (think 20+) just farming outdoor content. Some focus pure on AH gold-making. Some specialize in PetBattles. Some only run Ironman and other challanges ...

Not that all are like this ofc. Some just like to do some questing and the occasional mount and legacy raid/dungeon farm over lunch each day.

But MMO-C somehow just thinks of LFR hero's if the word 'casual' falls.
    Kinda right, but there is a very simple definition of someone who is casually doing something, regardless of it being wow or something else. A 'casual' [something] is just something that happens without appointments or obligations.

A casual may raid, even raid as much as a hardcore raider. The only difference is that the casual raider is not obligated to any schedules or specific rules. You may casually pvp up to 3000 rating, or you may casually pvp up to 800 rating, as there is no qualitative difference between the two.
    Last edited by Contego; 2018-10-25 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

10+ Year Old Account
    rio actually pretty sux tool for most M+ players. For example i did 9+2 and 10+1 at Monday. But looks like it was below top 500. Well, keys like this gives me around 900-1000 rio points but i have only around 200. Just because I haven't time to do dungeons right after reset. And if I do it later my data simply do not appear. Tons of group asking for 700-900 rio. Its about 8+1 mostly. I do higher and better keys but cant prove my skills just because i'm not a kid or no job jerk who can play everyday for many hours after reset. Rio is shit for any1 who do not live in wow. You can be god skilled and do +15 in several dungeons but no1 take you in group. Cos your summary rio is low. And you do not get invite to +10 even if you finished this dung before with +15 key. Rio is "average temperature in hospital". Ofc it provides some info but nothing real. For example we failed 12 key cos healer decide to leave. Cos he wants to do +2 but "something go wrong". Rio just a numbers. It doesn't show real skills or behavior. Its some kind of "internal game racism" that become very popular. You haven't curve and 1k rio? you are sux. Doesnt matter why you havent it. No1 intresting in explanations like "ghuun doesnt drop anything intresting to me on hc but I have 7/8M progress" or "i have several +13-15 keys in 3 dungeons but dont like to do others". You score is low. You haven't curve => you are n***a. Cos all "good ppl" farm ghuun and love to do all dungeons right after reset.

wowprogress shows same information as raider.io and you can't block anything here. So what the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    rio actually pretty sux tool for most M+ players. For example i did 9+2 and 10+1 at Monday. But looks like it was below top 500. Well, keys like this gives me around 900-1000 rio points but i have only around 200. Just because I haven't time to do dungeons right after reset. And if I do it later my data simply do not appear. Tons of group asking for 700-900 rio. Its about 8+1 mostly. I do higher and better keys but cant prove my skills just because i'm not a kid or no job jerk who can play everyday for many hours after reset. Rio is shit for any1 who do not live in wow. You can be god skilled and do +15 in several dungeons but no1 take you in group. Cos your summary rio is low. And you do not get invite to +10 even if you finished this dung before with +15 key. Rio is "average temperature in hospital". Ofc it provides some info but nothing real. For example we failed 12 key cos healer decide to leave. Cos he wants to do +2 but "something go wrong". Rio just a numbers. It doesn't show real skills or behavior. Its some kind of "internal game racism" that become very popular. You haven't curve and 1k rio? you are sux. Doesnt matter why you havent it. No1 intresting in explanations like "ghuun doesnt drop anything intresting to me on hc but I have 7/8M progress" or "i have several +13-15 keys in 3 dungeons but dont like to do others". You score is low. You haven't curve => you are n***a. Cos all "good ppl" farm ghuun and love to do all dungeons right after reset.
    You got it all right. /bow

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    First of all, "RIO is just a number" is a very stupid statement. RIO SCORE is just a number, but RIO itself is a very reasonable tool to track people's prior experience in the environment you're inviting them into. People who operate only on the score is as dumb as people who blindly hate on the site and addon.

Second, "You haven't curve and 1k rio? you are sux." Well, kinda true. Lets be honest, who have more chances to turn out a good player? A player with curve or a player without curve? I hope I don't need to explain it thoroughly.

Third, problem with top 500 runs is on a Blizzard's side. RIO devs can't really do anything about it. But if you're running pubs (if not, and you're only doing your own guild group then why are you even discussing it here) it's very easy to get proper score as it needs at least one player in a party from a lower populated server for all team to be scored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    wowprogress shows same information as raider.io and you can't block anything here. So what the point?
    Pretty much. RIO is just a more convenient way to track your previous runs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm reading a lot of these RIO flaming threads and I honestly never heard at least one proper reason why it's bad.
    Most of the time its something along the lines:
    1) I don't have time, but I'm like the best player ever
    2) I just want to do a weekly +10, but it's hard to find group because I'm lazy to do a lot of dungeons
    3) LITERALLY CANCER ELITISM BULLSHIT

Sorry, but this mentality of "I would be a great carpenter or dancer if I wanted to do it, but just don't" doesn't work here. You can be a good player, but you can't be good in something you haven't done before - running specific dungeons in our case.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Blocking Raider.IO just tells group leaders you are embarrassed to let us see your M+ experience.
    Auto-decline.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok can you link the stream where you completed a +18 with mediocre DPS? I'm not doubting some players have mad skills to do an 18 in BfA already (I have watched those streams, and chat with some of those players in discord), but I call B.S. on it being as trivial as you describe it.

- - - Updated - - -

? I know what you mean about being a tank, but don't get your reasoning on the rest. All Raider.IO does is allow group leader to see your relevant experience without tabbing out to go to separate website. They can see it in-game. Why would checking player experience before inviting lead you to worry about fail group? Do you feel the same about raids? Is it wrong for RL to check someone's raid experience before inviting? Why should M+ be different?

- - - Updated - - -

Read your own comments and think about it. If you applied to a raid pug, having barely done any raiding and having progression that was "pathetic", would you not expect that to affect how many invites you got? Would you not expect someone with AotC like yourself to get invited ahead of someone who was 2/8N? How is that unreasonable?

- - - Updated - - -

These comments are far too calm and rational for MMO-C. You sure you're in the right forum?
    Sorry but it has nothing to do with raiding. All it has to do with is the ability to Zerg a timer. That isn't skill.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

is this the equivalent of "I'm closing my FB account, y'all, don't want my data stolen!"?
    I don't use it, as I don't run high M+ so I really don't care, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Sorry but it has nothing to do with raiding. All it has to do with is the ability to Zerg a timer. That isn't skill.
    I really hope that it's an ironic post.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Ok can you link the stream where you completed a +18 with mediocre DPS? I'm not doubting some players have mad skills to do an 18 in BfA already (I have watched those streams, and chat with some of those players in discord), but I call B.S. on it being as trivial as you describe it.

My point is that there isn't 0 room for error. I said 'Unless your groups damage output is super low there is quite a bit of room for error'
    I didn't mean to make it sound trivial, because it certainly isn't.

But since you asked, sure
    I can't post links apparently, so just take out the space
    twitch. tv/videos/326295188
    raider. io/characters/us/hyjal/Stubkill
    01:10:00 - In the Siege we lost ~3 min to a botched pull, wiped on snipers, and nearly wiped because I made a bad call and still made time.
    04:24:40 - In freehold we had to reset the first boss and still made time.