Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Marvel Is Making Deadpool Its Next Black Panther

So Wade Wilson is the next black panther. what do you guys think about this?

Deadpool may be stepping up to become the new Black Panther in the Marvel Universe.

This week, the first issue of Black Panther vs. Deadpool hits stores, but Marvel Comics recently released the solicitation for Black Panther vs. Deadpool #4, the penultimate issue of the series. The issue’s cover, created by Ryan Benjamin and Rain Beredo, reveals Wade Wilson wearing a new costume that looks like a mashup of his Deadpool gear and T’Challa’s Black Panther suit.

The solicitation text dubs this new look “Panther-Pool.”

The story of Black Panther vs. Deadpool involves Deadpool going to Wakanda to try to obtain a chunk of vibranium. Though his goals may be altruistic, T’Challa does not trust Wade, and so superhero fight scene hijinks ensue.

Here was the official plot summary released when the series was announced:

"For a reason he’d rather not disclose (because, well, it makes him look bad!) Deadpool needs a piece of Vibranium…and the only way to get Vibranium is to go through the Black Panther himself! But Deadpool soon learns that his unconventional methods don’t exactly work against the king of the most technologically advanced country on the planet…"

We’re still not sure how that ends up with Wade sitting on the Wakandan throne.

Editor Wil Moss teased, “Featuring a brawl you can only get in comics (for now anyway), Black Panther vs. Deadpool is the best of both worlds, equal parts Black Panther/Wakanda and Deadpool/Crazytown. In bouncing these two characters off each other (and sometimes through each other), Daniel and Ricardo have found some really fascinating insights into what makes them tick as individuals.”

What do you think of Panther-Pool? Let us know in the comments!

Black Panther vs. Deadpool #4 (of 5)
    NOV180926
    (W) Daniel Kibblesmith (A) Ricardo Lopez Ortiz (CA) Ryan Benjamin, Rain Beredo

INTRODUCING...PANTHER-POOL! (YES, REALLY!)

A classic Marvel team-up gone terribly wrong! Who could have predicted it?! Luckily, there's an easy solution. All the Black Panther needs to do is give Deadpool a bullet-sized chunk of the world's most precious resource and let him return to New York in one piece. Wait, you say that's a terrible idea and that T'Challa would stop at nothing to keep Vibranium out of Deadpool's homicidal hands? WELL, YOU'D BE RIGHT! But how do you get rid of an unkillable pest? Buckle up, True Believer, because the Black Panther's about to do the unthinkable!
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10...black-panther/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There no more making him black panther then they made him spiderman in dead pool and spiderman it will be some stupid story for a few issues then be done.

And this couldnt go in the Marvel thread?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    And this couldnt go in the Marvel thread?
    why would I put a comic book thread in a thread about the cinematic universe

#IStandWithGinaCarano

How is this about the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    why would I put a comic book thread in a thread about the cinematic universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Go check the title better yet it says "Movie/TV/Comic] Marvel Cinematic Universe: A place to talk all things Marvel"

See it mentions comics and all things Marvel related.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I never said this was about the mcu

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Go check the title better yet it says "Movie/TV/Comic] Marvel Cinematic Universe: A place to talk all things Marvel"

See it mentions comics and all things Marvel related.
    Last time I posted anything about comics in that thread the op of the thread threw a fit because it was only supposed to be about the cinematic universe.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I never said this was about the mcu

Last time I posted anything about comics in that thread the op of the thread threw a fit because it was only supposed to be about the cinematic universe.
    Now days it just keeps the place clean and amalgamate every marvel post in to one place.

I think you need to go actually read the comic. This is just another in a long line of "Deadpool vs ????" parody comics.

Deleted

Perfect.

This whole Black Panther -craze needed Deadpool to remind everyone who the #1 most powerful being in all of Marvel really is, and put trendy-popular upstarts in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

Perfect.

This whole Black Panther -craze needed Deadpool to remind everyone who the #1 most powerful being in all of Marvel really is, and put trendy-popular upstarts in their place.
    The #1 most powerful being in all of Marvel is actually:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    The #1 most powerful being in all of Marvel is actually:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...Girl_Promo.jpg
    Yeah, that's just because being beaten by a girl is just way too funny to Wade, so he basically loses to that concept, and not Squirrel Girl herself.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-10-27 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah, that's just because being beaten by a girl is just way too funny to Wade, so he basically loses to that concept, and not Squirrel Girl herself.
    Seriously, Squirrel Girl is the most powerful being in all of Marvel. Though, not sure about compared to Eternity or One Above All or those ones. She's that way as basically a joke, though, trolling the nerds who take those things seriously. Also, Marvel likes to dress Deadpool up in a lot of costumes, it seems. I never read any of his comics (though I enjoyed both movies).

People have been talking about comic stuff in that thread for months, mate so I dunno when the "last time" was but it sure as fuck wasn't recently.

I think you don't understand how Deadpool works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Notice how people aren't all up in arms about this the way say Thor was temporarily replaced by a lady or when Stark endorsed Riri or when Miles is featured instead of Peter.

I could be more petty but I have other stuff to read.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Notice how people aren't all up in arms about this the way say Thor was temporarily replaced by a lady or when Stark endorsed Riri or when Miles is featured instead of Peter.

The fact that you brought it up is petty.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I think you don't understand how Deadpool works.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Indeed, your comments are more petty than anything else, way to fall off the high horse.

Deadpool is a clown he always does this kind of thing he wont hold more than a handful of issues in the suit if it goes past one, If it really were a replacement for blackpanther to get replaced by a white dude, i assure you the BUTTHURT would be epic, and you would be alongside the progressive morons screaming about it.

Personally i'd also be against it but considering all the recent annoying changes it could be for the best.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am indeed petty.

Resident Cosplay Progressive