Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Guess they never remember their own lore
    More they don't give a damn and do whatever they think is "cool".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The orcs at the time were three ships worth and lead by Thrall, vs. an empire that still controlled most of ashenvale, darkshore, the tree and so on. The Night elves were much stronger than the orcs at that stage and they waged a preventive war over Grom chopping a tree, let alone more serious offenses like encroaching on their land to permanently occupy it.
    It seems night elves just did not have intentions to leave their forests and beat the orcs in Durotar/Barrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    13,836 Years old Nightelf, Chosen of Elune and a High Priestess
    VS
    A guy who lived 100 years? Maybe? And raised as Undead
    I don't even want to mention Malfurion.

Yeah pretty much equal power levels I guess.
    Did you miss the part where Tyrande steamrolls Nathanos?

It's steps in the right direction. I'm glad they're properly showing Darkshore as a total ass-kicking of the Horde and not just a struggled victory between one side with two extremely powerful mortals and the other, a corpse with a bow. Tyrande should absolutely massacre him, even before her transformation.

I like that it feels like these were both suggestions from the community that were voiced strongly and Blizzard actually listened. The little touches make the actual story was more compelling. I don't want to dislike the lore of BfA but before this we'd at best got a retreading of MoP almost one-for-one with some mildly interesting stories about Kul Tirans and Zandalari mixed in.

I hate that it feels like obvious storytelling beats have to be tutored to Blizzard through community outrage, but at least they're getting somewhere with it. I'm hoping they at least get a good idea of why these two story quests sucked so hard initially and we won't be having this same experience in 8.2.

But....who am I kidding. This is Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Guess they never remember their own lore

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=27548/lessons-in-fear
    While I'm not usually one to defend BfA lore, I will say that it's been a long time and one pact with a Valkyr death demigoddess since then so I kinda think this may be an intentional move. Either Sylvanas has gained further understanding of the Valkyr's necromantic magic, or Helya's deal might have been more than just the lantern.
    Last edited by Irian; 2018-10-26 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    13,836 Years old Nightelf, Chosen of Elune and a High Priestess
    VS
    A guy who lived 100 years? Maybe? And raised as Undead
    I don't even want to mention Malfurion.

Yeah pretty much equal power levels I guess.
    It's not equal. Tyrande now oneshots all Forsaken in Belmont's camp, gratuitous Horde corpses are added around Tyrande when she powers up (likely shown getting obliterated in the cutscene)
    Enpowered Nathanos not being able to get a single hit on Tyrande while Nathanos is being empowered by the Val'kyr makes the Night Warrior ritual appear powerful now. At the end she slays Brynja and gravely wounds Nathanos (who flees).

These are very good changes. How can you not be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Can't understand why people keep saying that "blizzard fixed that". Fix what? The forsaken is still stupidly OP and the story is still continuing in their favor. The end results are still the same. They changed from "Nathanos is OP" to "Val'kyrs are OP". And a single retarded self insert is holding off the entire night elf army in Darkshore and Malfurion is at the same level as him now. He and Tyrande were brought down this low. Fix? What a joke! I mean who the fuck is Nathanos to even stand against Tyrande and Malfurion? Ofc what to expect from a story when a Sylvanas cancerboy is leading the narrative. Fix? yeah, they fixed the "forsaken too much OP" to "forsaken OP". The story is still butchering and humiliating the night elves.
    I love how unhappy you are with forsaken being "OP" when your idols are basically a demigod and a freshly infused moon whore.

Let them team up with a girl that can levitate a fucking titanic, move it at will while shooting arcane missiles from conjured arcane cannons while freezing up an entire zone flooded with blight.

Also don't forget to call the Prophet to bring the fucking spaceship.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Night Warrior part is far better, finally seeming like actual wrath of a goddess, not a joke that Nathanos can laugh off while easily accomplishing his goals. "No mercy" actually means that, not freezing enemies in place so they can be rescued later.

They still don't explain the instant loyalty from the risen Night Elves. The supposed "free will" directly conflicts that and neither "Elune didn't help me" isn't really an explanation. There's doubt and feeling of betrayal, and there's instantly joining forces with your killer and thus becoming the monster who caused all that. They're getting closer, but still not quite there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I love how unhappy you are with forsaken being "OP" when your idols are basically a demigod and a freshly infused moon whore.

Let them team up with a girl that can levitate a fucking titanic, move it at will while shooting arcane missiles from conjured arcane cannons while freezing up an entire zone flooded with blight.

Also don't forget to call the Prophet to bring the fucking spaceship.
    None of these characters really accomplish anything when it comes to fighting the Horde. Nearly all of them got killed in the Undercity assault, because they were too stupid to think about the Blight and imagine Sylvanas laying multiple traps. Malfurion is only alive because Sylvanas had her own moment of writer induced idiocy. Jaina is beaten in the next raid. Space ship is conveniently absent, inoperational or whatever else that makes it useless.

Darkshore is like the first time where the supposedly overpowered characters actually shown their strength... after getting further upgrades. And the first version was a massive dissapointment, where Horde accomplished most of their goals, while Elune empowered Tyrande was made to look like a joke.

Who cares if a character is overpowered when it never does anything. It's all hot air at that point.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-10-26 at 11:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Balancing zones does not mean only Horde is suppose to get content and Alliance get none or subpar shit.
    Cut the victim crap out, because the closest to a faction getting "no content" in one patch compared to the other was in Legion, when the Alliance got the Anduin quest chain and the Horde literally nothing.

Also good job at somehow handwave the fact that the Cataclysm "bias" was in fact a fix of an Alliance bias that went on for 6 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    The Night Warrior part is far better, finally seeming like actual wrath of a goddess, not a joke that Nathanos can laugh off while easily accomplishing his goals. "No mercy" actually means that, not freezing enemies in place so they can be rescued later.

They still don't explain the instant loyalty from the risen Night Elves. The supposed "free will" directly conflicts that and neither "Elune didn't help me" isn't really an explanation. There's doubt and feeling of betrayal, and there's instantly joining forces with your killer and thus becoming the monster who caused all that. They're getting closer, but still not quite there.
    None of these characters really accomplish anything when it comes to fighting the Horde. Nearly all of them got killed in the Undercity assault, because they were too stupid to think about the Blight and imagine Sylvanas laying multiple traps. Malfurion is only alive because Sylvanas had her own moment of writer induced idiocy. Jaina is beaten in the next raid. Space ship is conveniently absent, inoperational or whatever else that makes it useless.

Darkshore is like the first time where the supposedly overpowered characters actually shown their strength... after getting further upgrades. And the first version was a massive dissapointment, where Horde accomplished most of their goals, while Elune empowered Tyrande was made to look like a joke.

Who cares if a character is overpowered when it never does anything. It's all hot air at that point.
    You are right. And I am all for showing that strength. It's quite dumb when they are not doing that. But the Alliance still technically is the OP faction. I can't cope with the writers' decision to not use the powers the faction has though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Cut the victim crap out, because the closest to a faction getting "no content" in one patch compared to the other was in Legion, when the Alliance got the Anduin quest chain and the Horde literally nothing.

Also good job at somehow handwave the fact that the Cataclysm "bias" was in fact a fix of an Alliance bias that went on for 6 years.
    You mean the one that balanced out horde getting extra quest + cinematic at the start of the Legion?

What about Twilight Highlands intro

or 5.3 Horde awesome quest chain vs robo cat

or Saurfang + Zekhan getting their own full CGI cinematic

Deleted
    At this point i wonder why Tyrande, Jaina and Malfurion not just bury Ogrimmar under massive amounts of water and earth, while shooting everyone with Starfall, Frost bolts or hitting them with a massive Hurricane. The Horde doesn't have anybody except Sylvanas, who could stand up to them in a 1vs1. Aside from the fact, that you have to be a major retard to even build your city in a god damn canyon, not even fortifiying the cliffs above your own city. But this way, we could at least get this whole farce and idiotic story over with fast. Maybe someone kicks Baine into the canyon while its flooded and filled with rock and earth. Only by mistake of course.

The questline looks much better compared to its firt iteration indeed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    At this point i wonder why Tyrande, Jaina and Malfurion not just bury Ogrimmar under massive amounts of water and earth, while shooting everyone with Starfall, Frost bolts or hitting them with a massive Hurricane. The Horde doesn't have anybody except Sylvanas, who could stand up to them in a 1vs1. Aside from the fact, that you have to be a major retard to even build your city in a god damn canyon, not even fortifiying the cliffs above your own city. But this way, we could at least get this whole farce and idiotic story over with fast. Maybe someone kicks Baine into the canyon while its flooded and filled with rock and earth. Only by mistake of course.

The questline looks much better compared to its firt iteration indeed though.
    Because good means taking the higher path and losing because of it.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that's one thing to be less angry about, glad they fixed it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Yeah, blizz just ruined and butchered their lore over 12 years by making them weak and dumb and were always sacrificed so others get the story development. Their zones were either completely destroyed or turned neutral or at never ending stalemate of warfront or given to horde or at unknown condition. And what did they gain over all these years? nothing.

And they didn't have three zones in legion. They only had Val'sharah which half of it was corrupted by nightmare. Azsuna was a highborne zone and Suramar was a nightborne zone. None of them had to do anything with the current night elves. In fact they were more close to the blood elves than night elves if it counts. Also about Val'sharah, the emerald nightmare was treated like a filler raid in an irrelevant expansion and its case was closed instantly. The same can be said for the nonsense darkshore night warrior, it came out of nowhere and it ruined the lore of the sisterhood because some edgy bastard in blizzard thought that making a goth Tyrande is cOoL and she received the same power that she already had (and assuming that they are not going to show her as vengeful maniac that will turn into a villain because she wants the horde destroyed). There is no denying that blizzard doesn't give a fucking shit to the night elves other than using them for their either waifu material development or gentle blond boy development. They had proven time to time that they are racist to the night elves. When Teldrassil burned nobody gave a damn except Mr. honorable and he received a CGI cinematic to show how he felt. yeah, poor guy! But night elves who were the victim didn't receive shit. This patch we have Tyrande who blizzard is showing her as vengeful idiot is shown to impatiently spamming that she wants to take revenge NOW but this crazy impatient idiot wasn't even present at the battle of lordaeron. She was ruined once again to show how great and wise the almighty highking is. Oh and remember when they said that the attack of lordaeron was done out of king's pride and not justice? What happened to it? Guess his fangirl didn't want to ruin her favorite shining knight.

I'm pretty sure that blood elf fans like to see silvermoon turn to ash with its population by Jaina who would be confirmed that won't turn into a raid boss and having a warfront in ghostlands forever and Alleria turning the captured blood elves into loyal void elves who will fight against Lor'themar because he failed to defend Silvermoon and someone like John Keeshan holding off Liadrin who did a very dangerous ritual to become a super saiyon light elf empowered by the sun god in mortal combat so they get the scenario and armor sets ...
    Look, it's not like I like what happened with Teldrassil. I hate it. I hate that it "needed" that prepatch to justify another A vs H expansion, imho Bfa would have worked without it without any problems.

But you can not deny that Nightelves received a lot of attention (positive and negative) in the past expansion and now in this. Yes Azsuna is an elvish zone. Highborne but still the same race. Same for the nightborne. It is pretty close to an elvish zone don't you think?
    Just look at other races... gnomes? Imagine 3 gnome zones xD

And imho the new warfront / pvp armor looks damn good + the new tigers also. Finally an update to that 3 polygon tigers!

The story is bad and cheesy, yes. But I gave up on a good and continuous story in WoW after that timetravel nonsense in WoD.
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2018-10-26 at 11:44 AM.

When did the Val'kyr become so strong anyway? We literally did not know of the existance of this one that died until the Darkshore storyline began.

Besides the Alliance still has Night Elf dark rangers, Sira and Deralyn joining Sylvanas. Do we have any fixes in regards to that?
    Maybe idk... mind control? Because narrative-wise it makes no frigging sense.
    ? in wotlk? valkyrs were always high ranking scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the questline is right now it makes perfect sense. Tyrande slaughters everyone and a valkyr empowered Nathanos gets his ass kicked while Tyrande is untouched. Sure we would all love to see Nathanos die ( Im sure even half of the Horde playerbase hates him), but we can't have it all. As for the Night Elf dark rangers I like to think it's mind control.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph76 View Post
    As the questline is right now it makes perfect sense. Tyrande slaughters everyone and a valkyr empowered Nathanos gets his ass kicked while Tyrande is untouched. Sure we would all love to see Nathanos die ( Im sure even half of the Horde playerbase hates him), but we can't have it all. As for the Night Elf dark rangers I like to think it's mind control.
    Ooohoho, I would be surprised if it's -JUST- half the Horde playerbase. o_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Ooohoho, I would be surprised if it's -JUST- half the Horde playerbase. o_o
    Right? I am still levelling my horde character and whenever he opens his mouth I feel like punching the screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This definitely flows better, and gives Tyrande the needed sense that her empowerment to become the Night Warrior is actually empowering. Highlighting the disparity between her and an empowered Nathanos is good as well, and despite Nathanos' escape it no longer has the sense of a stalemate (in that she does force him to flee the field). I also enjoy the marked change in Tyrande's temperament as the Night Warrior, e.g. her willingness to kill the Forsaken occupiers of Darkshore as opposed to sparing them (save for Belmont, left as a warning to the Horde forces). An improvement over the original iteration to be sure.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I’d like to listen in on some of those lore meetings at Blizzard HQ, if there are any

“Well guys it turns out 90% of the Horde can’t fuckin stand Baine or Nathanos”

“But they’re the main faction leaders for the next expansion”

“Yeah, about that”