Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    which came after Arthas died... So you proved his point?
    Nope, before, in Halls of Reflection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Because the writers suck, stop questioning the characters , focus more on the idiot writers. They determine what happen, and how charactes are played out. In real world Jaina would have already layed waste to a good amount of the horde. Also remember devs don't like dealing with or changing old content.
    In "real world" as you call it, Jaina wouldnt become a physical god just by studying and empowering her staff with some pitiful remnants.

10+ Year Old Account
    alliance and horde did jackshit during legion apart from gettin ambushed at the start, it was the combined power of the 12 class orders together with the kirin tor who helped suramar, highmountain and defeated the legion
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    "There must always be a Lich King" is a quote from Arthas' dad in the cinematic following his death.

Not sure where you got that it happens in HoR.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    "There must always be a Lich King" is a quote from Arthas' dad in the cinematic following his death.

Not sure where you got that it happens in HoR.
    Uther mentions that during his roleplay talk that everyone skips.

I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Its called plot armor... the same reason she didnt wipe out the Alliance cities with it anytime before Jaina Ex-machina popped in to rescue the day. Jaina also cant be everywhere at once, send a diversionary attack to Boralus with the main ground forces, while a small strike team of say, 30 batriders coat Stormwind with enough plague to make it look like a city full of jello
    There's no need for Jaina or for plot armour. The defense against the plague is known now. Freeze it, which is something any frost mage should be able to do.

Jaina's speciality in that area is the area affected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I'd imagine Plague manufacturing takes time, and they likely lost a lot of facilities for it when undercity fell. Plus bat riders can be shot down if they're alone, you need ground support, and it's clear that the story is that the Alliance are in the stronger position as it stands. The horde simply isn't in any position to use the plague effectively, even if they had any.
    And the fact that extreme temperatures can stop it, which is the commonality with any chemical weapon in the real world. Sub zero temperatures makes it lose efficiency until the enervation of the vira and other things are halted.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    There's no need for Jaina or for plot armour. The defense against the plague is known now. Freeze it, which is something any frost mage should be able to do.

Jaina's speciality in that area is the area affected.
    Except your run of the mill frost mage is not capable of freezing that kind of area.... so either you need to commit a large force of mages to every Alliance city, or have Jaina sit by the portals at all times. You also dont seem to understand what plot armor is, there is ZERO reason, prior to Jaina ex Machina that the Horde could not have wiped out 75% of the Alliance with the plague

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    And the fact that extreme temperatures can stop it, which is the commonality with any chemical weapon in the real world. Sub zero temperatures makes it lose efficiency until the enervation of the vira and other things are halted.
    I don't know, the Blight worked pretty well at the Wrathgate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Uther mentions that during his roleplay talk that everyone skips.
    Uther mentions that what is left of Arthas may be what keeps them at bay. Not that there must always be a LK.

We also learn prior to HoR that whatever was left of Arthas' innocence was destroyed - by Arthas. So I am not sure those two concepts are interrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Uther mentions that what is left of Arthas may be what keeps them at bay. Not that there must always be a LK.

We also learn prior to HoR that whatever was left of Arthas' innocence was destroyed - by Arthas. So I am not sure those two concepts are interrelated.
    Uther the Lightbringer says: There is... something else that you should know about the Lich King. Control over the Scourge must never be lost. Even if you were to strike down the Lich King, another would have to take his place. For without the control of its master, the Scourge would run rampant across the world - destroying all living things.

It was a lame attempt to build up this twist so that it doesnt come out of the blue during the cinematic.
    As you know, it was still terrible.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2018-10-29 at 06:51 PM.

Uther the Lightbringer says: There is... something else that you should know about the Lich King. Control over the Scourge must never be lost. Even if you were to strike down the Lich King, another would have to take his place. For without the control of its master, the Scourge would run rampant across the world - destroying all living things.

It was a lame attempt to build up this twist so that it doesnt come out of the blue during the cinematic.
    As you know, it was still terrible.
    It was just Metzen messing around because he liked pirates of the caribbean at the world's end
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

OP give it up, you're out witted and out -gunned. The broken isles, kalimdor and zandalar belong to the horde. The alliance get EK (minus Quel'thalas) and kul'tiras.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Alliance knows about those NB and HMT joining Horde and there were enough witnesses of Thalyssra and whatever that HMT clown called being part of attack on Stormwind. While Alliance allied races are deep inisde Alliance's own territory or too small to have meaningful base to attack, Horde newcomers, on the other hand have their well known homeland in remote locations, far outside of Horde's protection.

So, why doesn't an Alliance squad take a stroll to Thunder Totem and "cool off" some heads there with arcane ice, while reciting a lecture on how it is bad to backstab someone who just spent months helping you? Or why Jaina doesn't port to Suramar and fuck up that arcane junkie, after all Thalyssra herself says that entire infiltration party can't oppose Jaina?
    Same reason Occuleth and Thalyssra didn't open a portal to the Vindicar, and have Galywix send in a ton of goblin sappers. Same reason why Lor'themar didn't just arrest and execute Alleria when she appeared in Silvermoon

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Except your run of the mill frost mage is not capable of freezing that kind of area.... so either you need to commit a large force of mages to every Alliance city, or have Jaina sit by the portals at all times. You also dont seem to understand what plot armor is, there is ZERO reason, prior to Jaina ex Machina that the Horde could not have wiped out 75% of the Alliance with the plague
    No single mage can freeze as much as she did, It's probably takes about 10 mages to affect an area that neutralizes the plague. So the doom weapon is effectively newutered. Sure it can be used against small towns, however those are vulnerable to any kind of overwhelming force.

Major cities has that kid of ressources.

So no, the advantage of any super weapon is gone without the need of any deus ex.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Alliance knows about those NB and HMT joining Horde and there were enough witnesses of Thalyssra and whatever that HMT clown called being part of attack on Stormwind. While Alliance allied races are deep inisde Alliance's own territory or too small to have meaningful base to attack, Horde newcomers, on the other hand have their well known homeland in remote locations, far outside of Horde's protection.

So, why doesn't an Alliance squad take a stroll to Thunder Totem and "cool off" some heads there with arcane ice, while reciting a lecture on how it is bad to backstab someone who just spent months helping you? Or why Jaina doesn't port to Suramar and fuck up that arcane junkie, after all Thalyssra herself says that entire infiltration party can't oppose Jaina?
    Because they're not entirely relevant to the story progression of Zandalar and Kul Tiras.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I don't know, the Blight worked pretty well at the Wrathgate.
    Except Dragonblight is tundra at best. The Wrathgate was naturally in a valley, enclosing something that's airborne makes it more effective.

The plague would probably be ineffective in an open area due to temperature, though wind can change that.

Frost mages on the other hand can create areas with heavy sub zero temperatures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long story short, right now the Alliance has bigger fish to fry and their forces are already pretty stretched out, which is going to get worse once the night elves and worgen shift focus to Darkshore. Attacking Highmountain and Suramar would be a costly venture even if the Alliance were to focus everything they had on Thunder Totem and Suramar, and the Horde would almost certainly show up with reinforcements, leading to, well, more of the same as what's going on in Kul'Tiras and Zandalar, only with the additional problem of having two cities to lay siege to rather than just one.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And when the war escalates who do you think Court of Farondis will ally themselves while considering they are Undead ghosts and are Highborne?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-11-01 at 04:12 AM.