Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we're the ones that should control what is added or not. it's our worlds, we pay them to make it.
    Oof, that's where you lost any point you still had. Giving feedback is fine, and good creators probably should act on some of the sensible feedback, but fans are not the creators, nor should they be. That's moving into fan fiction territory.

Anyway, way I see it, if you like just exploring, looting and shooting in Fallout 4, this game is fine for you. If you played Fallout 4 for the interaction, dialogue and story, not so much.

Honestly, personally I only play Bethesda games for exploration and such, certainly not for the story or writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as we keep their company afloat with our money, they should do what we say.
    That's what buying their product means.

That you want that product and support that company.

Don't want to support them? Stop buying their product. You have no right to try and control their IP. Your rights start and end with your decision to continue buying their products.

they should respect their ip, which isn't originally theirs.
    Whose it "originally" was really doesn't matter. It belongs to Bethesda, and has for years, and Bethesda is the company that made Fallout the big franchise that it has become. To compare to another similar franchise from the same era, Fallout 1 sold about 600,000 copies. Baldur's Gate 1 sold about 2.2 million.

when you accept that a company can "do what they want" you lose.
    Why? It's their product. It's their money invested. It's their risk. When it comes to entertainment, much of which is arguably art, it's their work of art.

Unless you're commissioning it or they're actively soliciting feedback, you have no say in it. Don't like what they're making now? Don't buy it. That's how you let them know you don't like the direction they're going.

no company should ever be allowed to do what it wants, especially when it's pissing more people off than pleasing.
    If that's what a company is doing, it's going to close down because it's going to drive away consumers. That's how things work.

10+ Year Old Account
    when you accept that a company can "do what they want" you lose.

no company should ever be allowed to do what it wants, especially when it's pissing more people off than pleasing.
    If its pissing more people off than pleasing, it won't sell and they wont make back the cost of development, so they will realize there is a problem. If you buy the game, you are supporting them. Nowhere in the process of purchasing it do you get to determine what should and should not go into it. Imagine if a game was in development, and the developers crowdsourced every decision....it would literally never release, because you can't make everyone happy. Your process of purchasing a game entitles you to exactly zero game development decisions. The teams behind the games do their very best to deliver what they think is going to be great, and its on them entirely alone.

Is FO76 what i wanted for the next Fallout...no. Am i going to buy it...no. Because I am speaking with my money.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    If its pissing more people off than pleasing, it won't sell and they wont make back the cost of development, so they will realize there is a problem. If you buy the game, you are supporting them. Nowhere in the process of purchasing it do you get to determine what should and should not go into it. Imagine if a game was in development, and the developers crowdsourced every decision....it would literally never release, because you can't make everyone happy. Your process of purchasing a game entitles you to exactly zero game development decisions. The teams behind the games do their very best to deliver what they think is going to be great, and its on them entirely alone.

Is FO76 what i wanted for the next Fallout...no. Am i going to buy it...no. Because I am speaking with my money.
    And just to make a point; you're free to do that. I have never, in this thread, tried to argue that anyone should like what they're doing with Fallout 76. It's your choice.

Where I drew the line was when people waded in and said that 76 was "ruining" things, that it was "bad", which all argues that I shouldn't like the game either. That my preferences don't matter. That's what I've condemned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. Do i think Fallout 76 is a weird direction, yes. Do I think you need to agree with me, no. I am glad some people are excited for it, and honestly Id rather it be successful than fail, just because I want Bethesda's future titles to be fully funded. People like derp just plug their ears and yell "LALALALALA" all the while trying to shove their views down peoples throats.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Here are a couple articles for those interested:

How Fallout 76 Microtransactions And Atoms Work (Gamespot)
    Fallout 76 Has Microtransactions, But Bethesda Says It's Not Pay-To-Win (Gamespot)

In the latter one there's some comments Pete made at PAX AUS to Gamespot;

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hines
    If you don't want to spend money in the Atomic shop for cosmetic stuff you don't have to. We give you a sh*tload of Atoms just for playing the game
    Atoms, the currency for cosmetic MTX, are gained through playing the game, through finishing challenges and achievements and such, and you can keep earning them throughout the game's life. Or, you can spend real life money on them, much like in games such as Overwatch or Path of Exile.

Folks that want to spend money on whatever the hell it is because they don't have enough Atoms, they can, but it's not, 'I'm now better playing against other players because I spent money.' It's not pay-to-win. And it's not loot crates.
    No pay-to-win power, and unlike Overwatch and Path of Exile, which both try to suck you into buying random loot crates and then rolling complete crap because of bad RNG, Fallout 76 will allow you to buy exactly the cosmetic MTX you want. No RNG bullshit involved. Also, just to point out, perk cards and perk card packs are solely gained through leveling. You can't buy those.

All the content we ever put out for Fallout 76--all the DLC, all the post-launch stuff--is going to be free. That's important. And to say, the Atomic shop is cosmetic stuff. To make sure folks understand--look there's a line. There are people who have crossed it, but we're going to stay on the right side of it in terms of the things you can spend money on and how this stuff works and what you're getting for your $60
    That you know, when they put out new content or features or whatever, I'm getting that stuff for free. That feels right.
    Free post-launch content, free DLCs.

The only problem I have with the game so far is no typical NPC framework. I think that's one of the dumbest ideas I've heard within gaming development in my life. I don't really think that was done to force players to breathe life into the world. I think it was done because Bethesda isn't that skilled technically and reuses the same engines for new games, often bringing in development packages OTHER companies have made to compensate for both their lack of ability and to save time. Adding NPCs to this game would not only lower performance to levels worse than what it currently is but also add in issues with synchronization. No NPCs just removes all of that and allows them to shit out a game they know their fanbase is going to buy and this gives them time to finish ES6. Bethesda games aren't known for stability or technical fluidity. They've always handled NPCs poorly from their AI to their pathfinding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I see the defense of the new "lore" Bethesda is pushing with this has changed from "but it makes sense" to "but they own the IP so whatever they say is right"
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    Oh, I see the defense of the new "lore" Bethesda is pushing with this has changed from "but it makes sense" to "but they own the IP so whatever they say is right"
    It's both. It makes sense, AND it's theirs to do what they want with.

15+ Year Old Account
    10 hours to go! x_x
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's both. It makes sense, AND it's theirs to do what they want with.
    Basically. It's their world..their lore. Same with WoW and it's lore in relation to Blizzard.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Here are a couple articles for those interested:

How Fallout 76 Microtransactions And Atoms Work (Gamespot)
    Fallout 76 Has Microtransactions, But Bethesda Says It's Not Pay-To-Win (Gamespot)

In the latter one there's some comments Pete made at PAX AUS to Gamespot;

Atoms, the currency for cosmetic MTX, are gained through playing the game, through finishing challenges and achievements and such, and you can keep earning them throughout the game's life. Or, you can spend real life money on them, much like in games such as Overwatch or Path of Exile.

No pay-to-win power, and unlike Overwatch and Path of Exile, which both try to suck you into buying random loot crates and then rolling complete crap because of bad RNG, Fallout 76 will allow you to buy exactly the cosmetic MTX you want. No RNG bullshit involved. Also, just to point out, perk cards and perk card packs are solely gained through leveling. You can't buy those.

Free post-launch content, free DLCs.
    Just want to point out, that I have absolutely no idea why you're bagging on Path of Exile. 1. It's free to play, of course it has microtransactions. How else would they make money? And 2. I've played the game for years and never spent a dime, except once for some cosmetic stuff because I wanted to support them. It's a great F2P system.

I'm looking forward to beta and giving it a try on the PC. The world looks beautiful and huge, though I have some reservations. Some of favorite games have been Fallout 3/4 and the Elder Scrolls series and the recent reviews of beta leave 76 with less to be desired results. Many of the reviewers tend to focus on the negatives of the VATS system, which isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me. My concern is really around the story and longevity. Something has to keep you interested in playing an online game, which many development companies seem to be forgetting of late...Blizzard included. You need incentive to level, incentive to kill something and incentive to keep playing.

Without a sub model, I have nfc how Bethesda is going to keep this game afloat. Maybe take similarities from GW2? I'm not sure tbh, I just hope it makes for something decent.

Heads up to people with the Beth.net launcher on PC:

The timer on it is wrong. They accidentally set it to unlock in Mountain Time, rather than Eastern, so it shows unlocking in about 5.5hrs (5ET), when that is actually false. It unlockes in 7.5hrs (7ET).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Heads up to people with the Beth.net launcher on PC:

The timer on it is wrong. They accidentally set it to unlock in Mountain Time, rather than Eastern, so it shows unlocking in about 5.5hrs (5ET), when that is actually false. It unlockes in 7.5hrs (7ET).
    Source for this?

In Europe my launcher shows 5½ hours, too.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Source for this?

In Europe my launcher shows 5½ hours, too.
    Their response to me in their Twitter when I asked them about the discrepancy:

Source:https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1057290501609738241

And link to the explanation: https://help.bethesda.net/app/answer..._medium=Social

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Their response to me in their Twitter when I asked them about the discrepancy:

Source:https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1057290501609738241

And link to the explanation: https://help.bethesda.net/app/answer..._medium=Social
    Well boo....

That's 1 am here.... I guess I won't be playing much of the beta then tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well boo....

That's 1 am here.... I guess I won't be playing much of the beta then tonight.
    Sorry

I'm ET myself, so at least for me it starts at 7pm. Now just gotta stay busy until then...

10+ Year Old Account
    So will my i5 6500 run the game but just at lower frames or should I just leave it?