Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think people have the right to get offended by breastfeeding as much as women have the right to breastfeed anywhere they want.

Personally if they're covered up i don't care, but in a private business i'd say it's up to them if they allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Whether you find it pathetic or not isn't really relevant, it's his office. He may not have handled it appropriately, but he has every right to ask her to do it somewhere else. No one is even arguing that she was indecent, but just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. It made him uncomfortable in his own work space, he has every right to feel comfortable in HIS space. She didn't NEED to do it right then and there, she could have easily gone somewhere else and fed her baby and come back within a few minutes. Basically saying, fuck you I don't care if it's his office or not...it's MINE now, until I finish, is an entirely unreasonable expectation or mentality and is an infringement on his rights.

if you're in my house or work space and you do something I don't like, makes me uncomfortable, or I find inappropriate, I'll ask you to leave. Be mad at me all you want and call it my problem...fine. It's MY problem then and I'll address it how I need to, as is my right on my property.

Their rights really don't though overrule his feelings, considering he didn't infringe on her rights just by asking her to leave. He asked her (albeit impolitely) to leave the room, not to stop feeding her child. Semantics, I know, but it was his office and she doesn't have any right to push him out of his own office to do something because he didn't want to see it or be part of it, that's his right, and he's not infringing on her rights by asking her to do it somewhere else.

The baby isn't going to starve or be neglected if she has to take a couple minutes to find somewhere else to feed it.

I'll amend my statement regarding his and her rights, whose rights take precedence is dependent on whether the office is considered private or public. If it's a public office, her rights prevail, if it's a private office his rights do. This is based on the article itself.
    Turns out his company doesn't think he has "every right" to ask her to do it somewhere else: "The situation was entirely unacceptable and not at all aligned with who we are, what we value and how we promise to treat our members," Misty Harris from the Alberta Motor Association wrote.

"We believe fundamentally in the importance of this issue and unequivocally support a woman's right to breastfeed at any time and at any place of her choosing,"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tion-1.4872909

Also, to be clear--and maybe you're just inadvertently misrepresenting what's in the article--the article very specifically makes the point that it's ambiguous and not clear at all whose rights might take precedence: "With respect to [some] other jurisdictions, the protections are looser and simply just state that a woman has a right to breastfeed in public and that others aren't entitled to interfere with those rights…. What is ambiguous here is this is a private office of what appears to be a public service provider."

By the way, it is absolutely pathetic that a grown man would put his "comfort" over the needs (the hunger, for god's sake) of a one month old baby. Come on, now. Do better.

I Do think it should be allowed to pee in public so ofcause i dont think breastfeeding if wrong.
    Pooping, you should pick a really good spot. Atleast a bush
    Natural things shouldnt be forbidden, you just have to try to minimize notice from other people

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Turns out his company doesn't think he has "every right" to ask her to do it somewhere else: "The situation was entirely unacceptable and not at all aligned with who we are, what we value and how we promise to treat our members," Misty Harris from the Alberta Motor Association wrote.

"We believe fundamentally in the importance of this issue and unequivocally support a woman's right to breastfeed at any time and at any place of her choosing,"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tion-1.4872909

Also, to be clear--and maybe you're just inadvertently misrepresenting what's in the article--the article very specifically makes the point that it's ambiguous and not clear at all whose rights might take precedence: "With respect to [some] other jurisdictions, the protections are looser and simply just state that a woman has a right to breastfeed in public and that others aren't entitled to interfere with those rights…. What is ambiguous here is this is a private office of what appears to be a public service provider."

By the way, it is absolutely pathetic that a grown man would put his "comfort" over the needs (the hunger, for god's sake) of a one month old baby. Come on, now. Do better.
    Apparently the company sees themselves as a public office, which means they put her rights ahead of his. That's fair. I was mistakenly under the impression that it was private.

The law regarding discrimination on this subject is what's unclear, not whose rights take precedence in a public or private area.

I never said it wasn't pathetic, I said whether you find it pathetic or not is irrelevant. The law is what matters, your feelings don't.

Apparently the company sees themselves as a public office, which means they put her rights ahead of his. That's fair. I was mistakenly under the impression that it was private.

The law regarding discrimination on this subject is what's unclear, not whose rights take precedence in a public or private area.

I never said it wasn't pathetic, I said whether you find it pathetic or not is irrelevant. The law is what matters, your feelings don't.
    Lol! Your whole argument is defending a grown man's lack of "comfort" over a baby being fed while being wrong on the facts at every turn. My opinion is that it's pathetic--the fact that the law agrees with me is actually what matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh come on, lose the emotional appeal. Babies get hungry, babies cry, most people are annoyed by it, yadda yadda. It's not a justification for anything.
    It's a justification for feeding them, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinobianca View Post
    And again, the company apologized for the insurance agent and his manager's rude behavior.
    Of course they did they didn't want blacklash from morons who think it's ok to do whatever you like in someone else's office.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Most of you supporting breastfeeding in public/out in the open wouldn't be fine with a guy scratching his groin or adjusting his package.
    Wouldn't the equivalent of that be adjusting a woman's panties / camel toe?

I should be able to pee if i need to pee, because its natural and healthy to bee when its needed. If you dont like to see my dick look away i cant help the smell but its natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    I should be able to pee if i need to pee, because its natural and healthy to bee when its needed. If you dont like to see my dick look away i cant help the smell but its natural.
    Hey, so here's a quick handy guide if you're confused: Peeing and shitting are natural, but we DON'T let people pee and shit in public. Eating is natural and we DO let people eat in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is completely natural and no one has the right to tell you to stop.

but come on, couldnt she wait a few minutes? either her, or the meeting.
    i dont mind breastfeeding, but i understand it can be distracting for some people.
    you dont want people distracted during a meeting. (or maybe you do?)

My mom thinks it's gross(60), my wife thinks its gross(29), my sister who breast fed both of her kids(via pump at home) thinks its gross(40)

I don't care, but the whole "Isn't it a miracle!" crowd is hilarious. It's not a miracle. Congratulations on your decision to breast feed, I don't care. Well, I care if you're a drunk or some retard fad of the month dieter, because your baby is probably going to have nutrition problems, and that should be considered child abuse in my government overreach wet dream.

Hey, so here's a quick handy guide if you're confused: Peeing and shitting are natural, but we DON'T let people pee and shit in public. Eating is natural and we DO let people eat in public.
    So people that like eating poop, we dont let they do that right? I meen in public, or its ok just it have to be in public?

Lol! Your whole argument is defending a grown man's lack of "comfort" over a baby being fed while being wrong on the facts at every turn. My opinion is that it's pathetic--the fact that the law agrees with me is actually what matters.
    I defended his rights based on an incorrect assumption. I've already said I was incorrect on that front.

Everything I said would have been accurate if it was a private office. May not have changed his company's stance because of customer service and wanting to save face and all that, but he would still have had the right to do what he did.

The law also doesn't "agree" with it being pathetic, it just places her rights above his in this situation. If the office was private, his "pathetic feelings" would take precedence because he would have the right to ask her to leave if he felt uncomfortable, or for any other reason.

Gotta say I'm shocked at how many people posting here seem to have a truly warped unhealthy opinion about breastfeeding mothers. It's a shame your own mothers didn't teach you better. I do feel sorry if any of you have wives.

Even saggy boobs, they're boobs after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Impersonal View Post
    My mom thinks it's gross(60), my wife thinks its gross(29), my sister who breast fed both of her kids(via pump at home) thinks its gross(40)

I don't care, but the whole "Isn't it a miracle!" crowd is hilarious. It's not a miracle. Congratulations on your decision to breast feed, I don't care. Well, I care if you're a drunk or some retard fad of the month dieter, because your baby is probably going to have nutrition problems, and that should be considered child abuse in my government overreach wet dream.
    You think breast milk is not nutritious enough for babies?

Or am I simply not understanding your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    You think breast milk is not nutritious enough for babies?

Or am I simply not understanding your point?
    Obviously. They said if you’re a drunk or on a shitty diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I think this have to be moved to what muslim men dont like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has nothing to do with being nasty, gross, germs, etc. Has to do with some of us just dont want to see it. Some of us think it's a very healthy natural PRIVATE moment to be shared with mother and child. My wife breastfed, again, she didnt, nor did she want to do it in public. If she did, she had a cloth ( That our son actually loved btw for those of you who've pointed out how awful that is ) draped around her shoulders to give our son and herself privacy.

She wouldn't ever consider just whipping it out at a meeting table, especially without asking first ( and likely would've just said, excuse me, and gone somewhere more discrete for a few minutes ).

I defended his rights based on an incorrect assumption. I've already said I was incorrect on that front.

Everything I said would have been accurate if it was a private office. May not have changed his company's stance because of customer service and wanting to save face and all that, but he would still have had the right to do what he did.

The law also doesn't "agree" with it being pathetic, it just places her rights above his in this situation. If the office was private, his "pathetic feelings" would take precedence because he would have the right to ask her to leave if he felt uncomfortable, or for any other reason.
    It is a private office, actually, so your whole "I'd be right if it were some other thing" is still wrong. The US, in fact, actually goes further: "All fifty states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands have laws that specifically allow women to breastfeed in any public or private location." http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/...tate-laws.aspx What the law does is affirm a woman's right to breastfeed and a baby's right to be breastfed without interference from adults with personal hangups over it, very clearly prioritizing the needs of babies over the squooshy misgivings of scandalized bystanders, all spelled out in black and white, because of course it has to be, because there are still too many ignorant people under the impression that breastfeeding a baby is somehow "inappropriate," and selfish and myopic enough to really believe their hangups over it deserve more consideration than a baby's need to eat. I have no doubt Canada will rectify any ambiguity that remains in some provinces where it doesn't expressly say, "You can't stop women from breastfeeding babies, you goober!" because the US has to be able to teach Canada something, right? And if it's not serving as an example of needing super specific legal language to defend perfectly reasonable things, then it's nothing at all.