Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Yet you nor I not anyone here, from what I can tell has been emboldened to commit a crime in his name.

I never claimed he was a great person. Like I said, Trump is more blatant about it which make him worse.
    So you're still not paying attention? Fabulous. Or did you forget the guy on the plane who sexually assaulted a female passenger and then said it was ok because the president said so?

But please, keep on with your "both sides" - every day a little worse. Do you know why the informed gets more and more angry at people like you? I know that sounds like a dick question, and it's obviously at least a little "loaded", but I'm also serious and curious. Do you?

""the biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

So go back to where your people originate from then if you don't like white terrorism?

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    points-based immigration system. is it so hard to implement in the US?
    This. Canada & Australia both have requirements that you have at LEAST one point for occupation, without at least that, you don't qualify for immigration. So, if all your experience is sales, reception, gas pumping, waiting tables etc, nets you zero points. Iceland won't allow a non-EU citizen (IE: American) to immigrate unless they can fill a job they cannot fill with an Icelandic citizen.

(In fairness, I have not looked into immigration to this countries in about 15 years... but last I checked this was still the case).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, why are you defending this guy being called out for racist statement?
    Because A> it's not really racist, if you pay attention to what he's saying rather than knee-jerking so hard you hit your own chin, and B> I didn't defend his statement, and specifically said it confused the issue and unnecessarily included race as a descriptive factor, since I knew people like yourself would willfully confuse that for being a causative factor.

Statistics aren't racist. But saying most white men are radicalized by the right and his want for a white men ban is rather damning.
    Lemon explicitly did not call for a "white guy ban". He pointed out the hypocrisy by those on the right for trying to engage in such bans on much shakier grounds, with other groups, but having a complete blind spot when it came to this one.

This is what I meant by knee-jerking rather than listening to what he actually said.

Deleted
    Weird that he didn't mention any gang shootings that kill way more people than few political crazies. Oh wait, most of them are not committed by white guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    It's statements like this that push more voters to the right

if they cant stand to hear the FACTS well tough shit as they say, just proves they are part of the problem and not the solution. really if ISIS had murdered 2 black people and sent a dozen plus of pipebombs including bombs to 2 former presidents and topping it of with murdering 10 people in a baptist church, i can assure you that we today would have marshall law and donny being demanding we crack down on these terrorists.

But since the attackers in all of these cases are white nationalist he does nothing since they are part of what he considers his base of supporters. really if you cant see how blatantly obvious it is that right wing terrorism from the angry white man is the most dangerous thing in america today i really feel sorry for you since you are missing what goes on right now

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That's a whole lot of words for "I can't back up my claim even though it should be easy."

https://spssi.onlinelibrary.wiley.co...111/josi.12248

I’ve found hundreds of articles online pertaining to media bias and the criminalization of black people. I just don’t feel like posting them because I’ve come across individuals like yourself that will never admit these double standards exist so why waste my time? I’ll post one but if you really cared you’ll research it yourself, it’s not my job to educate someone, especially someone that can’t acknowledge how the media refuses to label any white man a terrorist....

45 can run a campaign on calling Mexicans rapist and drug dealers but don lemon can’t highlight the rise of terrorist acts committed by white men.... these forums are funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I mean you've done it to me personally, so I would know. Yes it was a long time ago so no I can't go back and find it. Go ahead and say it didn't happen, a lot of us here have seen it and plenty of people would back me up on it. And that's just you, not even the ridiculous people the left love like Linda Sarsour.
    It flat-out did not happen. And sure, a lot of people might "back you up on it", but those same people think I'm a Stalin-loving commie and whatnot, so they're not exactly reasonable people with a firm grasp on what I've said and support.

There's a big freaking difference between saying "a lot of terrorists share this characteristic; what is radicalizing members of that community?", and "a lot of terrorists share this characteristic, we should ban everyone of that characteristic just to be sure".

Start pretty much any thread of anyone Muslim on these forums, and I can pretty much guarantee that, no matter the context, you'll get people claiming that "Muslim culture is incompatible with the West" or "they're all violent extremists", or whatever. That shit is racist. It isn't remotely similar to Lemon's statement, here.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-10-31 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Weird that he didn't mention any gang shootings that kill way more people than few political crazies. Oh wait, most of them are not committed by white guys.

irrelevant since we can fix that with just simple gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    You aren’t getting it, and I’m somehow not surprised.

Again I’ll reiterate my statement.

When black people, Muslims , Latinos, etc commit crimes you’ll have people on these boards linking statistics.

How come these same people aren’t linking Statistics pertaining to mass shootings?
    What stats would you like? The problem with mass shootings is everyone wants to talk about fucking gun control and not the individual who committed the crime. So if you have a problem with the media talking about the fucking gun used and not talking about the evil white person that committed the crime, contact them. I dont know what to tell you.

Don lemon can’t highlight white terrorist acts?
    Don Lemon is a hack, he proved that during the whole gun control debate. If he cant be counted on to at least learn the basics of firearms before going on the national news to misinform the public than he doesnt deserve a whole lot of credit from anyone.

We can only focus on statistics of shaniqua shooting someone at a corner store, or jahad being a deranged Muslim.
    Again, it sounds like a gripe you have with the media. Contact them.. If you have a thread you want to start to have a conversation about the crimes of white people, find a story and lets discuss.

Tod running into a large public crowd and shooting people in mass numbers? Let’s not talk about those statistics. Your argument is ratings, mine is there is a double standard. Why aren’t these trump tards on these forums talking about white men engaging in mass shootings? You aren’t answering that question, just say they are bias and a double standard exist in society when it comes to white crime
    There are people who want to talk about the white men engaging in mass shootings, but when it comes to mass shootings the media wants to talk about gun control because it grabs ratings. I wont deny there is a double standard in some cases, but the media is driven by ratings. Who drives these ratings? The public, and the media either has determined OR (if you want to play conspiracy) have geared the conversation towards guns. Because if Todd runs into a large public crowd and kills 20 people, the talk isnt about how deranged Todd is and how evil he is, and how we should classify it. It is about what weapon he used, how he got it and should it be illegal.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    makes sense to crazy people maybe...

if you're not a bigot, racist or fascist, none of it applies to you. unless you really are racist, bigoted or fascist

it's quite easy not be complicit by calling out racist/xenophobic/bigoted/fascist bullshit when you see it and not letting it slide.
    Yea, except their major point is if you have white skin, you are racist/nazi/terrorist.

Perfect twist: if you have white skin you are terror threat but if you not racist/fascist this those not apply to you, evil white man. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because A> it's not really racist, if you pay attention to what he's saying rather than knee-jerking so hard you hit your own chin, and B> I didn't defend his statement, and specifically said it confused the issue and unnecessarily included race as a descriptive factor, since I knew people like yourself would willfully confuse that for being a causative factor.

Lemon explicitly did not call for a "white guy ban". He pointed out the hypocrisy by those on the right for trying to engage in such bans on much shakier grounds, with other groups, but having a complete blind spot when it came to this one.

This is what I meant by knee-jerking rather than listening to what he actually said.
    It's hard to argue against him wanting it since white men are such a danger to society in his, and your, eyes.

And you are defending it. That's why you're getting upset about someone you agree with being called racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    ""the biggest terror threat in this country is white men"

So go back to where your people originate from then if you don't like white terrorism?
    I guess the native Americans could say something similar I suppose.

Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It flat-out did not happen. And sure, a lot of people might "back you up on it", but those same people think I'm a Stalin-loving commie and whatnot, so they're not exactly reasonable people with a firm grasp on what I've said and support.
    You wouldn't be called any of that stuff if it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    if they cant stand to hear the FACTS well tough shit as they say, just proves they are part of the problem and not the solution. really if ISIS had murdered 2 black people and sent a dozen plus of pipebombs including bombs to 2 former presidents and topping it of with murdering 10 people in a baptist church, i can assure you that we today would have marshall law and donny being demanding we crack down on these terrorists.

But since the attackers in all of these cases are white nationalist he does nothing since they are part of what he considers his base of supporters. really if you cant see how blatantly obvious it is that right wing terrorism from the angry white man is the most dangerous thing in america today i really feel sorry for you since you are missing what goes on right now
    you really are dense aren't you. but you're probably one of those people who calls someone racist for pointing out with mathematical evidence that most danger comes from lower class areas of large cities which are mostly minorities.

you're probably more likely to be killed by a falling penny than killed by a right-wing fanatic.

His statement is very strange.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them."
    First he starts off by saying that we must stop demonizing groups of people. But then he continues to falsely proclaim that most white males are radically right-wing. So yeah, he seems like a total hypocrite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    irrelevant since we can fix that with just simple gun control
    That's funny because:
    1. If gang shooting can be fixed by gun control, what makes right wing nuts different?
    2. Yeah... right. Gangs will give up their weapons. Gun control will fix gang shootings. Yep... they totally will give up their weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

First he starts off by saying that we must stop demonizing groups of people. But then he continues to falsely proclaim that most white males are radically right-wing. So yeah, he seems like a total hypocrite.
    Yes. That is why this is hilarious. And Endus defending it is perfection.

Honestly, I never heard of this story. It is obvious he is an idiot. Idiots are going to do idiotic things. Its why they have fucking warnings like "Professional driver on closed course do not attempt" on fucking car commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But please, keep on with your "both sides" - every day a little worse. Do you know why the informed gets more and more angry at people like you? I know that sounds like a dick question, and it's obviously at least a little "loaded", but I'm also serious and curious. Do you?
    I really dont care why people are angry at me or people like me. I have played the "both sides" argument before the idiot became President and will continue to the both side argument into the next Administration. Just because we have an idiot in the White House does not mean Democrats cant be called out for the shit they do as well. The hypocrisy in politics is unreal. Just because one side is worse doesnt excuse the other.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

well white nationalists aren't trying to radicalize Asians, blacks or Jews.