Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the biggest threat to this country is obesity. lmao then we can look at violent crime rate per capita to see what race causes the most problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're more likely to be killed by a white terrorist than a brown one.

And if you're a minority you can double that chance.

All he is saying.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    While the establishment clause is a thing you can’t screen out a religious ideology.
    Yeah but that's a retarded law, it's literally saying we can't screen out people who hold harmful ideas. If a religion contains violence we should screen out those adherents.

Also all religions are wrong, so why are we even protecting them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    No, he says the biggest terror threat is white men. Not that they committed the majority of attacks.

And what would THAT have to do with addressing minority issues, if he had actually said that?
    Apparently you didn't understand what I said or what he said.

I'll repeat: he didn't say that most white men were radicalized, as was falsely claimed.

Now that you raise a new point, statistically it is true that white terrorists, domestic terrorists, and lone wolf terrorists do the most damage to the US.

Banning a minority religion from the country as a response is illegal, irrational, and absurd. And saying so does not make Don Lemon or myself the enemy of white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Considering the news sensationalizes the crimes committed by these "white dudes" is a drop in the bucket compared to the hundreds of people murdered every week by minority criminals that don't get reported in the news.
    tbh, I don't really give a fuck if gangbangers kill gangbangers

Though I shouldn't say gangbangers because that narrows it down to ... people in gangs

What I should say is people that brought it on themselves. If you sell drugs, pimp, steal, prostitute, participate in fuckery/commit crimes or knowingly associate with criminals and through those actions it brings about your death then oh well, you aren't an innocent. I only care about what's happening to regular innocent people.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2018-10-31 at 09:45 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I'm happy to see the racists are the minority in the polling.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Apparently you didn't understand what I said or what he said.

I'll repeat: he didn't say that most white men were radicalized, as was falsely claimed.

Now that you raise a new point, statistically it is true that white terrorists, domestic terrorists, and lone wolf terrorists do the most damage to the US.

Banning a minority religion from the country as a response is illegal, irrational, and absurd. And saying so does not make Don Lemon or myself the enemy of white people.
    white men, most of them radicalized to the right
    Unless he's also calling out non-right terrorism committed by whites, there isn't much he can mean.

And again. Terror threat, not terrorists.

It depends on a few things, mainly on how you want to define things.

1. Its not particularly surprising that in a country that ranged from 50-80% white that those people would make up of the majority of a lot of things. For instance there are far more whites on welfare, but not per capita.
    2. With the case of terrorism you generally have to really manipulate data to make whites look more deadly than muslims. Thats also not even per capita, but just in raw terrorism deaths. Per capita Muslims are the undisputed terrorism killing champions.
    3. There are more black members in the Nation of Islam by roughly a factor of 10 than exist in any white hate group. Thats why the left is so desparate to lump all white conservatives into a hate group.
    Last edited by dpark1023; 2018-10-31 at 09:46 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easy one to answer. Of course not.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I'd agree. Antifa is mostly white yuppies and the violent ones are men and they're a domestic terrorist organisation.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    It just speaks to how stupid Don Lemon is that he says we need to stop demonizing people and then in his next sentence saying "white men radicalized to the right are biggest terror threat in this country." That probably isn't even true, there have been a ton of different attacks by very different ideologies.

You can defend him and those who share his ideology all day long but I think to many of us it is as clear as day that he is perfectly fine with demonizing anyone who isn't a member of one of the left's protected classes.
    No, he's saying it's wrong to demonize people. It would be absurd to ban all white people from the country, just as it is absurd to ban Muslims. That's the point.

He very clearly says we need to stop demonizing people. Honestly the way his words are being twisted to suit an agenda is insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless he's also calling out non-right terrorism committed by whites, there isn't much he can mean.

And again. Terror threat, not terrorists.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you're arguing that the greater terror threat in America is from white males, that is in fact true.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not really something you can deny, as the statistics are pretty damning as a disproportionately high amount of terrorist attacks, mass shootings and serial killers are white men. That being said there isn't really much you can do about it outside of deplatforming dangerous websites where people become radicalized.

No, he's saying it's wrong to demonize people. It would be absurd to ban all white people from the country, just as it is absurd to ban Muslims. That's the point.

He very clearly says we need to stop demonizing people. Honestly the way his words are being twisted to suit an agenda is insane.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you're arguing that the greater terror threat in America is from white males, that is in fact true.
    And he says that directly after saying we need to stop demonizing people by ethnicity. Rendering everything he said a joke. He kicked his soapbox right from underneath himself.

Once more, most of them radicalized to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It’s not really absurd. We can’t even take care of all of our citizens we shouldn’t be taking on people from other countries.
    Are you actually trying to take care of the others who are already here? People who try that bullshit excuse are being disingenuous.

Let them come, let them earn their keep, and let them prosper.

And I thought you believe in the sanctity of human life...

I guess not.

7+ Year Old Account

But why is it okay to demonize Nazis as people? It seems to me if the label is about an ideological system then it is fair game for criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    It's statements like this that push more voters to the right
    It's funny because it's true, and then the Republican response just pushes them back to the left.

No one is getting it right.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    But why is it okay to demonize Nazis as people? It seems to me if the label is about an ideological system then it is fair game for criticism.
    Ummm, because they are Nazis... and they are terrible humans. I know that you want to try and defend and justify the Holocaust any chance you get, but maybe you should sit this one out.

And he says that directly after saying we need to stop demonizing people by ethnicity. Rendering everything he said a joke. He kicked his soapbox right from underneath himself.

Once more, most of them radicalized to the right.
    Um he stated something that is factually true to make a valid point. He's pointing out how absurd it is to demonize people and ban Muslims from the country when more damage is done by white males. He's literally saying as clearly as possible not to demonize people. I'm not sure how to make that more clear, but I guess in the end you will believe what you want to believe.

Fact: most terrorism in the US is caused by white men radicalized to the right.

Conclusion: we should stop demonizing Muslims and minorities.

OP, you do realize Don Lemon is a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Different time and different context. Also you're talking about a political party with an openly violent agenda.

What Don Lemon is saying is that if it's ok to demonize Muslims, white men should be demonized just as much or even more. That's the problem with demonizing minorities.