Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly, I think WM is a success. I ended up pvping a lot more this xpac than in any other 3 before it. The faction inbalance is felt a LOT less at least for me (I'm playing on a 80% horde server) and when I need to get to the summoning stone to raid, I just turn wm off when going to the capital to buy my flasks and pots.

But hey, really, try to remove the overreacting glasses for now. World pvp is about being dumb, ganking and getting ganked. You don't need to do it if you don't want to - which is why you can toggle it off. And really, the rewards for WM on are 15% more resources. This is ACTUALLY, once you're max level, 15% more AP from world sources, which no one gives a damn(gosh, a rare mob that gives 150 AP is giving 172 is really something worth doing a gamemode you don't like?), and 15% war resources, which no one REALLY gives a damn.

Open world isn't even the best way to get those resources anyways. Why care if someone else is getting 15% more irrelevant stuff than you? If grey items dropped more for one faction than other, should this really bother anyone?

I'm having a lot of fun with warmode, although there tends to be more hordes than alliance on EU servers, you can always find a group of people to kill bounties or something.

The only problem is when I do M+, as I can't see group members with wm off and can't summon them. They should make an area around summoning stones where you can see everyone in your group.

For the first 3 weeks of this expansion i cleaned out the entire worldmap from Wq's every day in a premade 5man alliance group. We murdered every single filthy horde we saw. Had a blast. Now that Wq's isnt the main content anymore i see little reason to have it on. (and i would advice any1 that if they are gonna play solo, have wm off. Its only worth it if your grouped up.)

It's good to know that I can turn war mode on for those sweet bonuses and not worry about getting mobbed by a bunch of Alliance.

Yeah it flopped pretty hard on what it set out to do. I never see any Alliance unless they are in a ganksquad trying to take their frustrations out on random Horde people doing world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Alliance is for care bears.
    Everyone playing this game is a care bear. Please stop.

For the OP, while the server I'm on is most certainly horde dominant, I do see plenty of scenarios where the alliance either has the upper hand, or there are decent skirmishes going on. Giving players the ability to toggle WM certainly makes any sense of balancing more difficult for Blizzard, so it is what it is I suppose.

Whats the point of playing MMO game if u dont get to interact with other players? Just play a single player RPG there are way better options out there

War Mode is only half an idea. But it is also new. Hopefully they don't abandon it completely and keep iterating. They need to:

1) Encourage fighting people of similar level (and actively discourage ganking peeps much lower).
    2) Encourage killing the opposite faction (not just enabling PvP but participating).
    3) Discourage huge war parties (except in cities). This should be easy to do.
    4) Discourage engaging low-health enemies. (i.e., you don't get any reward for this).
    5) Discourage "camping" or "griefing"

I'd LOVE to see actual consequences in this game and more systems to support that.

Deleted
    Frankly it was painfully obvious that this was going to happen - War Mode was just a way to try and entice PVE players to turn on PVP. The moment I saw it I could see what would happen - the faction that already plays more PVP is going to have a big advantage; the factions with more players will have a big advantage. From this you lead directly onto the situation where they just "snowball", i.e. lot sof them get the bonus, giving them a third advantage.

And the factin without those advantages wil start to lose all the time, which means fewer allies and voila - you have one faction with total, permanent dominance. In fact world PVP is so totally toxic that you'd have to be crazy - or get huge rewards - for having it turned on. It is "we won the lottery" for griefers and ganker sof every persuasion, including those sad individuals who play for no other reason than to spoil things for as many people as they can. And it really doesn;t help that there's a wild imbalance between classes, particularly 1v1.

It basically turns WoW into one open BG only with not even the vaguest attemt to ensure that the two sides have a balance of numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Whats the point of playing MMO game if u dont get to interact with other players? Just play a single player RPG there are way better options out there
    You have a strangely limitted concept of "interaction". There was and is plenty of interaction between players on pure PVE realms.

You think you're being original with this post I'm sure, but you're not. People were crapping on War Mode week 1 of BFA. Find something new to trash on :P
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I'm seeing healthy levels of world PvP happening, I'd definitely be seeing far less if we had kept the previous system (and I've been on PvP realms my entire WoW life).

What I'd prefer to see more of is WM still having appropriate rewards towards the latter end of a season. Once you're geared enough/have a high enough HoA level the rewards aren't enough incentive to keep it switched on. Even just a heavier injection of gold to WM rewards would be appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Declaring your opinion as 'fact' is never a good way to start a thread... Sounds like folks dont want to play with you, have you considered other options?
    Ehh turns out in this case his opinion is pretty close to fact, his Spencerian is shared by most Alliance players who use WM...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    World PvP dying isn’t a bad thing. I’m glad to hear Warmode is doing it’s job.

I guess enabling mercenary mode in an open world is a bit more complicated than it is for closed off battlegrounds (which npcs murder you? How do your quest npcs react to you? And so on), but they should really have found solutions for those complications before introducing warmode.

Maybe they just knew that players having a fixed faction is not going to be a thing anymore next expansion, so they didnt bother with fixing it for one expansion :> /tinfoil hat
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

War Mode is the best thing about BFA

It sucks because of the scaling bullshit and incentives to form large groups to systematically gank everyone in sight. World PvP shouldn't have its own rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

Its perfect as it is now. Those who want pvp get to do pvp.
    But we don't , there is simply nobody to kill for the weekly quest as the alliance have all turned it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much unwillingness on the part of Alliance to engage. It's stems from modest faction population imbalance at max level. Similar to most of the larger well known PvP servers in WoW's history, they trend to one faction holding dominance. It's basically a feedback loop type of a situation going on.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the whole expansion was a failure. Warmode just a small part of it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Warmode is probably one of the main things i love about BFA. They've bought world pvp back alive again, how can you not see that? Jesus christ.