Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A ghost town world populated almost exclusively by gankers that lurk in places like duskwood and tranquillien to nuke beginners on the other faction.

Truly this is the hard hitting faction warfare blizzard wants us all to be so invested in!

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Warmode is an absolute failure.

Warmode was brought into BfA to "save" World PvP.

It did the exact opposite.

Today, only Horde use Warmode. They have permanent 15% bonus on all rewards, with no punishment.

Try getting a group for world quests when you have Warmode on as Alliance. Try summoning people on the summoning stone when you have warmode on as alliance (all your other party members will have it off). Most of all, get ready to never see a single Alliance player nearby and get killed by 4-5 hordes at the same time until you turn it off.

So there I go. I went from having a failry balanced 50/50 A/H ratio PvP server in Cata (Outland-EU) to now being basically forced into a PvE realm for the forseable future.

Great system...

How would you guys fix this mess if you were lead dev of Retail?
    no...if you want utter failure that would be fallout 76 beta right now. changing move speed with .ini edits and it maybe probably will be fixed on release (but not during beta)
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Wow surprise surprise an Alliance player blaming everyone else but themselves or their own faction. This coming from an Alliance player

15+ Year Old Account
    Today, only Horde use Warmode.
    As EU Alliance, I have War Mode on permanently. I love it.

So much more PvP than before.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was no 10% extra rewards on PVP servers and there shouldn't be for Warmode either. I get what Blizz was trying to do, get more former PVE-only players to engage in PVP for (PVE) rewards, but it backfired.

I wouldn't flag for PVP willingly unless the reward was something like 50% increase. I play PVE specifically for the PVE rewards and being left in peace. If I want to play PVP I'll go into a BG.

I don't know where people are getting these experiences that are so one sided. I find that sometimes there is a raid if alliance mopping up world quests and killing any horde with it and sometimes it's horde. Sometimes it's a large clash. Why is this broken or a failure?

I've had war mode on the characters I pvp on and I've been killed by a group like once in Drustvar and that's it. Most people with war mode on just want the bonus. I was on my alliance character who was like level 114, and was face to face with a 120 horde and he just stood there and rode off. I thought "whelp time to die fighting" but nope. It made things a bit more fun if you toggle it on. Dying in pvp is part of the game and inconveniences you for what, 2 minutes?

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Warmode what a clusterfuck, thanks Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Like many Alliance I tried it at the start and found it a fun kind of tension early on but it soon became frustrating when confronted with party groups rampaging through everything and the general irritation around trying to enter and summon people to dungeons. The resource bonus isn't worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjoy View Post
    No

They have given people on PvP servers a way to TURN OFF PvP.... thats just stupid. You should not have the option to turn it off if your server was formaerly a PvP server. just like you could not unflag yourself with /pvp back then.
    When you see it that way I wonder why pve server people should be allowed to turn it on?

Warmode is an absolute failure.

It did the exact opposite.

Today, only Horde use Warmode. They have permanent 15% bonus on all rewards, with no punishment.

Try getting a group for world quests when you have Warmode on as Alliance. Try summoning people on the summoning stone when you have warmode on as alliance (all your other party members will have it off). Most of all, get ready to never see a single Alliance player nearby and get killed by 4-5 hordes at the same time until you turn it off.

So there I go. I went from having a failry balanced 50/50 A/H ratio PvP server in Cata (Outland-EU) to now being basically forced into a PvE realm for the forseable future.

Great system...

How would you guys fix this mess if you were lead dev of Retail?
    There is nothing to fix, if you don't like it turn it off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    There is nothing to fix, if you don't like it turn it off.
    But if you play horde on EU what's not to like about free 10% AP/resources for no additional effort? When I play my 120 horde character I would be crazy to turn off a system that gives me stuff for free.

If you are alliance the system works more closely to this: "Get 10% more rewards but die 5 times during each quest". That 10% reward doesn't look nearly as good now does it?
    If world quests end up taking 5 times longer it doesn't take long before you remove war mode and go without those extra 10% since the reward isn't worth the effort as alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Alliance is for care bears.

Lol, that's a lie. Outland has been the home to my Alliance character since TBC (maybe LK), for the simple fact it has always been Alliance dominated.
    Alliance is for care bears... Coming from the faction that directly benefits from all the care bear crap is comical. You act as if the Horde are actually the underdogs in any conceivable scenario. It is more difficult to play Alliance in any facet of the game so please don't act superior, lol. You aren't 1v1 the Alliance players, you're overwhelming them. If anything that makes Horde players cowards when you think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I farm War Mode with a group of 4 guildies (Alliance) every week. We constantly run into other Alliance players on our hunt for Horde and get many bounties on ourselves and have a great time racking up many kills until we are eventually taken out by a 20 man opposing raid. We then move on to a new area and the fun continues. This is consistently our experience every week.

If you’re playing War Mode solo, expect to be miserable. Stop blaming faction imbalance for your own inability to adapt and socialize. Turn off War Mode if you’re heading to an instance for PVE.
    Last edited by MetroidHunter; 2018-11-01 at 04:26 PM.

warmode is a great succes and has done exactly what blizz intended it to do , a nice 10% gift for the horde players

I disagree. I believe it was brought about because of people (like the one quoted below) who are too stupid to disable PvP, level on a PvP server (and cry about it), or ignorantly believe they somehow are forced to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    World PvP is cancer, glad I don't need to take part in it anymore.
    You never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    When you see it that way I wonder why pve server people should be allowed to turn it on?
    As you could always flag yourself for pvp on a pve server if you wanted to.

Problem is the bonus... remove the bonus and you won't have people who toggle war mode just for the bonus.

Then you'll have only people interested in world pvp.

Honestly the bonus is stupid, I understand the point of it, but it doesn't work if you never see people from the other faction.

Easy fix, remove the bonus and give everyone the talents when not in a dungeon/raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the faction inbalance

People just do not give a shit about world PvP. Blizzard tries to force it and it fails over and over.

Just like they forced PvP in MoP for the Black Dragon quests.

WoWs PvP has always been terrible, forced, and not fun.