Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    His entire point was that the category of "white men" pose a bigger statistical threat than other categories, and yet there have been campaigns to demonize members of those other categories, such as the Muslim ban, and no such call for any action towards "white men". He wasn't saying there should be, he was saying there should not be. He was targeting those campaigns of demonization and demonstrating how irrational they are, and that they are motivated by hatred and fear by those professing them, not a rational analysis of data.

I really don't get how people are this confused about what Lemon was saying. You're ignoring the context of that first statement when looking at the rest, to try and claim that his first statement was a lie, and that's internally contradictory.
    You're not wrong but I think many here just react to the last statement and zone out from hearing all the usual phrases and buzzwords coming before it - missing the slightly different setting and context he puts them in to make his point. I know I did because it's so convoluted and contentious topics and issues balled into one - like what's he trying to say and do I really have the patience to listen to it again?
    e: Problem of repeated soundbites losing meaning.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-11-01 at 06:06 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Why would I even considering voting democrat if they hate me? This is the point they were making about driving voters to the right.
    Exactly. The Left (and by extension the Democrats) openly express hatred of me because I am white and a man who is attracted to women.

I can't change these things.

Now this doesn't mean I am persecuted by society. I'm not.

BUT do you left wingers really think I'm going to vote for someone that every morning when I get up....tells me that I am the scum of the earth and the cause of all the worlds problems?

Is the Left really that delusional?

Thats all there really is to it. I have no choice but to vote Republican in a two party system -- even if they sometimes do things I don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    No, ignorance is what drives voters to the right.

It's a fairly known fact, that the overly dominant majority of gun deaths or mass shootings were carried out by white people.

Statistics show that over the last 3 decades, 60% of all shootings were committed by white people, and the second group are black people at 17%.

So yes, there's a terror threat on the white side of the population and it's probably more important to worry about than the random Islam attack you get every 2 years, vs the 20 mass shootings you get every calendar year.
    Is this a joke post or does OP not know that white people make up 61% of the country (71 if including latino) ....While black people make up 12%.

So about that ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidestorm View Post
    Exactly. The Left (and by extension the Democrats) openly express hatred of me because I am white and a man who is attracted to women.

BUT do you left wingers really think I'm going to vote for someone that every morning when I get up....tells me that I am the scum of the earth and the cause of all the worlds problems?

Thats all there really is to it. I have no choice but to vote Republican in a two party system -- even if they sometimes do things I don't agree with.
    You’re delusional if you think democrats as a whole are saying you’re scum. You’re just coming up with every excuse for your own deplorable actions or your defense of deplorable actions. You want to whine about what you think but isn’t racism from the left in the face of two race based terror attacks just last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ungrateful View Post
    Is this a joke post or does OP not know that white people make up 61% of the country (71 if including latino) ....While black people make up 12%.

So about that ignorance.

Slight over representation mostly due to gang violence. So no need to be worried about black people unless you’re in a bad neighborhood which again crime rates are all about the same between races in urban areas.

Id say people that write click bait articles are the biggest terrorists right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You’re delusional if you think democrats as a whole are saying you’re scum. You’re just coming up with every excuse for your own deplorable actions or your defense of deplorable actions. You want to whine about what you think but isn’t racism from the left in the face of two race based terror attacks just last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Slight over representation mostly due to gang violence. So no need to be worried about black people unless you’re in a bad neighborhood which again crime rates are all about the same between races in urban areas.
    "Ignore those blacks over there!! They don't count!! That's not fair! Let me change statistics in my favor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phatsamurai View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I'll bite. I'd call them a terrorist.

I surely hope you are not implying that the abortion clinic bombers just claimed to be Christian in hopes it would get them in less trouble? Because the attacks themselves were motivated by their religious beliefs.
    Sadly, this is nothing new. And I would call them a terrorist too.

Try reading Fox's* Book of Martyrs (*author's name might be spelled Foxe). One person was burned at the stake for the terrible crime of possessing a fragment of paper that had a few verses from Psalm 23 on it. And there have been many more people (even God's kids) who have been killed in God's name by people who - and based on the difference between their words and actions - the only thing 'Christian' about them is the label they put on themselves.

I think that it is impossible to consider that bombing an abortion clinic is an act of love. (1 Jn4:8) He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. So if someone is going to be motivated by their religious beliefs, then maybe they should see what God says about it. Maybe they should look up the 10 Commandments for a start...

Well, that's a great attempt to play the victim card.... please point out all the people who hate you simply for being a man (that would make them sexist), or for being white (that would make them racist), or for being straight (that's not even really a thing to hate people for that).

It sounds like a classic case of you trying to project your own bigotry.

Well you could vote Libertarian or for a 3rd party candidate that fits with your views. This 2 party system has to go!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Don Lemon is helping Republicans collect more votes by making these statements in an election month. Is he Republican himself?

Evil men and women come in flavors skin colour, religion nationality do not come in to it except that it make an excuse or a scapegoat of a person. A man with the type of character to murder innocent people would still murder innocent people regardless of where he was born, how he was born or how he worships.For example some Muslim are terrorists but not all terrorists are Muslim. Worldwide the only only way to prevent such attacks is much more strict gun control and no police forced should ever consider itself underfunded and resourced, while the gun thing is more an American issue in my own Britain our own police forces are chronically underfunded and undermanned

When white terrorists start taking over entire parts of countries, installing their own governments and committing mass atrocities in the areas they control, like ISIS and other Islamic terror groups have done over the last few decades. I will agree with Don and ask we also ban white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Don Lemon is helping Republicans collect more votes by making these statements in an election month. Is he Republican himself?
    Well, that's what you are here for, to shill for Trump and the GOP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xfloydex View Post
    When white terrorists start taking over entire parts of countries, installing their own governments and committing mass atrocities in the areas they control, like ISIS and other Islamic terror groups have done over the last few decades. I will agree with Don and ask we also ban white people.
    White people tend to have B-2 bombers to do it for them. Governments like the United States farmed out terrorism to groups like the Taliban and Saddam Hussein.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Id say people that write click bait articles are the biggest terrorists right now.

- - - Updated - - -

"Ignore those blacks over there!! They don't count!! That's not fair! Let me change statistics in my favor!"
    Your strong suit isn’t in critical thinking. Shame.

"The biggest terror threat in this country is white men" 100% true.
    Nazi's, KKK (extra religious nazis), and basically anyone who owns a gun and identifies wholeheartedly as "far right" is basically a terrorist.

Definition of terrorists: a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Haha wow what a stupid response. So the left is justified calling white men evil by assuming they're doing something deplorable? You're clearly trying to deflect here. It's like you don't even accept the possibility of a white man being innocent and not wanting to vote democrat because they've been demonized recently.

You want to whine about what you think but isn’t racism from the left in the face of two race based terror attacks just last week.
    You sound like the type of person who thinks you can't be racist against whites. This also pushes votes away from the left. Proof that dems can be just as disconnected from reality as republicans.

Not if you ask why that is the case and tie it back to socioeconomic status. If you say it’s becausw they’re black and therefore inferior as one poster said that’s a problem. If you say it is because they’re uncivilized as another said that is a problem if you say you get to judge all blacks due to it that also is a problem. No one is saying to do those things regarding whites.

Bringing up stats to aid your racism is different from bringing up stats and then supporting political issues to explain why stats look the way they do.
    What Don Lemon did is exactly that, regardless of what mental gymnastics you're trying to pull. The hypocrisy in all this is that when stats are brought up to aid white men it's in order to "aid your racism", however when a comparison is drawn to show the different treatment another race gets for what is essentially the same crime people all of the sudden want to look into the stats and political issues that lead to it. What Lemon did; let's just say that if it was a white guy that said the same thing about black men- he'd be out of a job and everyone would flip their shit. Just wish these forums were at least fucking honest for once.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Haha wow what a stupid response. So the left is justified calling white men evil by assuming they're doing something deplorable? You're clearly trying to deflect here. It's like you don't even accept the possibility of a white man being innocent and not wanting to vote democrat because they've been demonized recently.

You sound like the type of person who thinks you can't be racist against whites. This also pushes votes away from the left. Proof that dems can be just as disconnected from reality as republicans.
    Once again, you are trying to play the victim, and blaming your personal beliefs on others. Take some responsibility for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, you are trying to play the victim, and blaming your personal beliefs on others. Take some responsibility for yourself.
    How am I playing the victim? I said before, why should I vote for dems if they hate me? Of course not all dems feel this way, but this message is only coming from the left.

I only read the OP before posting here, but its absolutely true. Plenty of people have been thinking it for awhile, Lemon was just the first one to say it out loud. Why hasn't the klan ever been listed as a terror group, for example? They used strongarm tactics to achieve politcal aims and thats pretty much the literal definition of terrorism. Why is it that when the magabomber sends out a bakers dozen pipe bombs that the usual suspects who would have been screaming 'terrorism' weren't saying shit?

Its bullshit, and everyone with more then two functioning neurons has seen it.

And before any windowlicking chucklefucks assume I'm anti-white, I am white. So shut it.

Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    "The biggest terror threat in this country is white men" 100% true.
    Nazi's, KKK (extra religious nazis), and basically anyone who owns a gun and identifies wholeheartedly as "far right" is basically a terrorist.

Definition of terrorists: a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Exactly!
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2018-11-01 at 07:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I dunno, she is on record calling young black men super predators. All I do know, is I don't trust her at all.
    I'm not defending her, but that was a super common narrative in the early 90's. The media and most white voters were nodding in agreement with her. Taking any different stance got you labeled as soft on crime, which could end your career. Shows how much times have changed.