Poll: Do you agree with Don Lemon on this issue?

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    I'm not defending her, but that was a super common narrative in the early 90's. The media and most white voters were nodding in agreement with her. Taking any different stance got you labeled as soft on crime, which could end your career. Shows how much times have changed.
    That shows even more of why she cannot be trusted. Then again, that can be said for 90% of politicians I guess = /
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    How am I playing the victim? I said before, why should I vote for dems if they hate me? Of course not all dems feel this way, but this message is only coming from the left.
    Do you really think the left is calling white men evil? Does the left call Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden evil?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That shows even more of why she cannot be trusted. Then again, that can be said for 90% of politicians I guess = /
    Yeah it shows that you shouldn't base your views on what other people think. The philosophy of the Clintons in the 90s was basically, "let's listen to conservatives and compromise them." It would have been better just to stick to liberal principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    I prefer a legal system that judges and punishes people based on their individual actions. You prefer one which also does so based on violent religious and extremist backgrounds, at least in part. I'm simply pointing out the difference between us.
    Sure you do. Fixed your strawman.

So when republicans try to cite stats in efforts to support racist agendas they are just saying numbers.

But don lemon states the numbers he's the problem?

Of course Don Lemon is right. He understands basic statistics. White men are the greatest terror threat to the US.

How am I playing the victim? I said before, why should I vote for dems if they hate me? Of course not all dems feel this way, but this message is only coming from the left.
    It's not worth arguing with Machismo...he likes to gaslight and virtue signal til he goes blue.

On Topic...I can't believe you're all still arguing over this. What Don Lemon said is racist...there's no argument against it. If someone on the right had said the same thing about blacks or muslims your heads would be exploding right now. Both sides suck and both extremes are bad for the country going forward....we used to have a lot more people who were centered in politics...but now both parties are so far right or left that it's pointless to try and argue for or against either side.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2018-11-01 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    White people tend to have B-2 bombers to do it for them. Governments like the United States farmed out terrorism to groups like the Taliban and Saddam Hussein.
    Yes, I need to look up the army field manual that gives guidelines on the proper temperature at which to burn people alive in cages. I think you might have just gone a little too far out of character here.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Of course Don Lemon is right. He understands basic statistics. White men are the greatest terror threat to the US.
    He understands how to manipulate statistics.

So, we have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them
    Is this anything more than hilarious parody? It's what I'd expect from a sarcastic Steven Colbert / Daily Show sketch.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2018-11-01 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    He understands how to manipulate statistics.
    How so? /10

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Sure you do. Fixed your strawman.
    You changed my words, but my point still stands. In your view of justice, one person can be punished for sharing the ethnicity or religion of a person who commits a crime.

There is no rational way to justify the Muslim ban as a national security measure. There is no terrorist attack that it would have stopped if implemented earlier.

A travel restriction on those who committed violent crimes would be a rational national security measure. Trump couldn't propose that because it's already existed for years.

If you are to quote me, I wish you would do so accurately and not resort to false words.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    How so? /10
    Because the greatest terror threat in modern times has been Islamists. Every analysis I've seen that wants to say white men are a 'terrorist threat' purposely ignore 9/11, for instance.

Lets keep in mind, the USA does not have a terrorist problem. The amount of fear and political corosion from terrorism far far far outweighs the real damage done by terrorists of any group.

How many people actually hate you because you are a straight, white male?

Yeah, you are most certainly playing the victim card.

The fact that you want to say this bullshit is only coming from the left means you are ignoring the legion of Trumpsters who push identity politics every single day... including you.

Because the greatest terror threat in modern times has been Islamists. Every analysis I've seen that wants to say white men are a 'terrorist threat' purposely ignore 9/11, for instance.

Lets keep in mind, the USA does not have a terrorist problem. The amount of fear and political corosion from terrorism far far far outweighs the real damage done by terrorists of any group.
    If you look at the entire world, you have to take Iraq into consideration, which is in a state of turmoil and has an incredibly high amount of terrorist attacks conducted mostly by Muslims.

If you look at the damage done to the US, right-wing domestic terrorism is the number one threat, and it's grown stronger in recent years. You might say it's not a problem, and we certainly have less violence than Iraq, but people are dying and the situation is getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Yes, I need to look up the army field manual that gives guidelines on the proper temperature at which to burn people alive in cages. I think you might have just gone a little too far out of character here.
    That's a moronic thing for you to say.

It's a known fact that we heavily funded the Mujahideen in Afghanistan and parts of Pakistan. That group became the Taliban. It's also a fact that we helped Saddam on many occasions, as he was our "stable leader" in the region. We have him the intelligence necessary to commit genocide, and provided political cover for that genocide after the fact.

Your attempt to deflect and build a straw man wasn't terribly successful.

The majority of terror attacks in the US is domestic done by white dudes. The Right keeps murdering people.

Haha wow what a stupid response. So the left is justified calling white men evil by assuming they're doing something deplorable? You're clearly trying to deflect here. It's like you don't even accept the possibility of a white man being innocent and not wanting to vote democrat because they've been demonized recently.

You sound like the type of person who thinks you can't be racist against whites. This also pushes votes away from the left. Proof that dems can be just as disconnected from reality as republicans.

And Hillary said things about blacks in the early 90s does that means blacks should turn away from the democrat party?

Also where did you get that last part from that I don’t think one can be racist against whites? Stop trying to make yourself a victim so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    What Don Lemon did is exactly that, regardless of what mental gymnastics you're trying to pull. The hypocrisy in all this is that when stats are brought up to aid white men it's in order to "aid your racism", however when a comparison is drawn to show the different treatment another race gets for what is essentially the same crime people all of the sudden want to look into the stats and political issues that lead to it. What Lemon did; let's just say that if it was a white guy that said the same thing about black men- he'd be out of a job and everyone would flip their shit. Just wish these forums were at least fucking honest for once.
    White people have asked the question not get ripped you know on pbs asking correct questions that aren’t racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    What Don Lemon did is exactly that, regardless of what mental gymnastics you're trying to pull. The hypocrisy in all this is that when stats are brought up to aid white men it's in order to "aid your racism", however when a comparison is drawn to show the different treatment another race gets for what is essentially the same crime people all of the sudden want to look into the stats and political issues that lead to it. What Lemon did; let's just say that if it was a white guy that said the same thing about black men- he'd be out of a job and everyone would flip their shit. Just wish these forums were at least fucking honest for once.
    White people have asked the question not get ripped you know on pbs asking correct questions that aren’t racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And Hillary said things about blacks in the early 90s does that means blacks should turn away from the democrat party?

Also where did you get that last part from that I don’t think one can be racist against whites? Stop trying to make yourself a victim so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. I mean, she clearly slipped back into old thoughts with the Eric Holder comment.

Plus, never forget DOMA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Wait, whites have the lowest per capita rate of murder? Get out of here with your facts. Only those ‘I’ deem scientific are credible.

Real talk though it’s just an illustration of how useless race is in discussing the topic, socioeconomic status trumps all. OT Don Lemon made comments more overtly racist than others who have gotten fired. I’m not calling for his head, I just hate the hypocrisy.
    Whatever the case is, it seems an attack on white men looks engineered. Not like a small loud group of people are changing our media, but instead someone paid the media to use a loud small group of people to socially engineer the American population into submission. For what reason I do not know.

Also Don Lemon is 52 years old. That dude doesn't look 52. Does hating white people make you young?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Are you actually trying to take care of the others who are already here? People who try that bullshit excuse are being disingenuous.

Let them come, let them earn their keep, and let them prosper.

And I thought you believe in the sanctity of human life...

I guess not.
    They can live in Mexico. Mexico offered them (Honduran’s) asylum, and they declined it. The whole caravan is a publicity stunt paid for by rich liberals like Soros.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They can live in Mexico. Mexico offered them (Honduran’s) asylum, and they declined it. The whole caravan is a publicity stunt paid for by rich liberals like Soros.
    This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this forum. And I've seen a lot of stupid shit here.