Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Fun Fact: Asian mobile gaming market, larger than GLOBAL PC/console markets combined

And almost three times the size of the global PC market alone.

Prepare for a lot more disappointment!

Squinting and swiping - The future is now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post

Nope, I will just simply stop playing new games if that happens. I have zero interest in playing games on my phone. Mobile gaming is dogshit.

Sweet. If I owned stock in ATVI id give a shit but I don't, I just really like Blizzard's PC games. For me, this signals the end of Blizzard as I've come to know them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Nope, I will just simply stop playing new games if that happens. I have zero interest in playing games on my phone. Mobile gaming is dogshit.
    I feel ya. I'd love to know the details. Are mobile games more popular because a lot of people don't have PC's or consoles? Do people prefer the format? Are they just never home?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangdingow View Post
    Sweet. If I owned stock in ATVI id give a shit but I don't, I just really like Blizzard's PC games. For me, this signals the end of Blizzard as I've come to know them.
    Honestly, it's doom and gloom but I agree. Blizzard used to be far and away my favorite game company, but it seems like they're just going the way of the rest now. Luckily, other factors come into the business end. I expect new PC games (and even expansions) are going to become much fewer and farther apart, even though that's hard to believe as it is. But I certainly don't see them going away either.

Honestly, it's doom and gloom but I agree. Blizzard used to be far and away my favorite game company, but it seems like they're just going the way of the rest now. Luckily, other factors come into the business end. I expect new PC games (and even expansions) are going to become much fewer and farther apart, even though that's hard to believe as it is. But I certainly don't see them going away either.
    I feel like the guy in the movie that is super into a girl (Blizzard) and she seems super into him but then she shows up to prom with some massive douchebag(Diablo Immortal) and acts like she doesn't even know who he is.

that pretty much confirm it was activision telling Blizzard to "make whatever you want, just bring in money"

5+ Year Old Account
    Uh, the middle aged women mobile gaming market probably is NOT the way to go. It's bigger for the same reason why Fornite is bigger than PUBG right now, cause people gravitate to freemium which is Ehh grubby. Also 99.99% of people alive have a smart phone unlike console or PCs which most people don't have. If it does make more money it's because the audience is women 40 years old and up who don't have experience with games that prey on their obsession. People who grew up on Nintendo will avoid those type of games usually. And like any market that's saturated it's going to be hard for EA Blizzard and etc to make a dent in that market. Also Moore's Law is a thing and mobile devices aren't going to get much faster in time, especially without a way to increase battery charge and dissipating heat.

Mobile AAA gaming is another fantasy much like cloud gaming. Sounds great on paper but in practice you'll hate it. A lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel ya. I'd love to know the details. Are mobile games more popular because a lot of people don't have PC's or consoles? Do people prefer the format? Are they just never home?
    Most "mobile games" aren't games. They are skinner boxes/gambling simulators disguised as games. They lure people in by giving a free download on their phone (which to be fair a lot of people have). Then they use psychological manipulation to get them to pay for stuff to play the game. It works on a lot of people.

HAHA Fkn lol

10+ Year Old Account

any 'source' for that info ? last time i checked was 2017 according to totalbiscuit (may he rip) and info he showed pc market 51% dominates far more than both console ~20% and mobile ~30%, yes entire console market be it ps4, xbone, switch is less than 20%
    GTA 5 alone may had made more profit than entire mobile market sales
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    A PC is Luxury-ish, though not as Luxury as a Console.

However a phone is a necessity, and every citizen of even some of the most subdeveloped places will have a phone, they are simply far more common, even compared to a PC. Although I don't know how these same citizens would be any good for cashing on on microtransactions, due to previously mentioned crippling poverty.
    But it is a big reason why phone gaming market is so big, a lot of the stuff is free to play, and even the poorest have a phone.

I have tried so many times but I just cannot get into mobile games on phones. I'd rather play Pokemon on my DS.

Is there a source for that information? It's believable, but...

Need a source or its just fake news.

THey should of just announced the game in china and known western players resent that BS.

i bet it was compulsary, an activision exec probably forced them to make it.

I wonder how much money blizzard is losing from people that are refunding their tickets for this mess. I for one am glad i did not buy a Virtual Ticket.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Nothing wrong as a short time passer when it comes to simple games on your mobile, but I absolutely loathe [online] mobile gaming... playing on your phone for a lengthy period of time is uncomfortable for one, they ain't exactly ergonomically designed. That, and the fact I hate playing on a small screen.

Last edited by Daedius; 2018-11-03 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Need a source or its just fake news.
    Google, click around

Deleted
    I have a phone with games on it, but I'm not a "mobile gamer", nor is it "mobile gaming" for me when I play one of those games. They're just silly little timewasters that I pull out every once in a blue moon. I most definitely haven't spent a single dime on any of those games.

So, yeah... I'm sure everyone who owns a mobile phone has a game on it. That's not really an indicator of anything, though.