Thread: Changes

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Why backlash? Those servers are with us for many years to come. Is it so hard to wait a few weeks? I've waited 12 years and I'll wait 10 monthes at least. Surely I can wait few more weeks. May be they should make classic restricted in some way and let people enter in waves...
    If they really only have the sharding for a week or so, I guess that makes everyone happy then?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    is there token or not ? that will literally make or break vanilla wow more than anyone can imagine
    i'm asking, i don't know
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    People not willing to wait in a long queue aren't true fans of classic in the first place.

Who are they making this for at the end of the day? If they dont please the real fans whats the point.
    "true fans"

lmao jog on mate. anyone sensible agrees this is a sensible decision. if it hurts your feelings, feel free to roleplay staying in a week long queue. meanwhile, people in the year 2019 will be using weakauras, bigwigs, grid/vuhdo, clique, ert, AA, and utilising other incredible addons in order to make the game experience that much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Classic Demo has...

Auto Loot toggle rather than shift-clicking.
    Higher Graphic settings
    Phasing

As far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The Classic Demo has...

Auto Loot toggle rather than shift-clicking.
    Higher Graphic settings
    Phasing

As far as I can tell.
    yes, auto loot is enabled (good change) and the graphics is higher, with an option to turn down to classic. phasing wont exist for the launch, but sharding will (confirmed by blue post).

imo all the changes are positive ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    If they really only have the sharding for a week or so, I guess that makes everyone happy then?
    Sharding allows much faster progress because players won't have to compete for slow quests; everyone will have more gold and resources from the start, so it'll affect feature server economy as well. There are legitimate reasons to dislike sharding. For me, personally, it doesn't matter that much as long as sharding is disabled for the most of the game. First levels are not very exciting for me and I hope to skip all the rush at all. But it seems to matter for a lot of people.
    Last edited by vsb; 2018-11-03 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    "true fans"

lmao jog on mate. anyone sensible agrees this is a sensible decision. if it hurts your feelings, feel free to roleplay staying in a week long queue. meanwhile, people in the year 2019 will be using weakauras, bigwigs, grid/vuhdo, clique, ert, AA, and utilising other incredible addons in order to make the game experience that much better.

The people who are true fans of classic are ready and willing to wait in a long queue to preserve the experience. I say this all the time but vanilla was about taking the good with the bad, sharding goes against that sentiment in the worst way.

Sharding allows much faster progress because players won't have to compete for slow quests; everyone will have more gold and resources from the start, so it'll affect feature server economy as well.
    You mean, people will progress at a normal speed instead of spending 24 hours /played to go from 1-10 because every single zone is crowded to hell.

also lol @ thinking super low level items will somehow have a lasting impact on server economy

The people who are true fans of classic are ready and willing to wait in a long queue to preserve the experience. I say this all the time but vanilla was about taking the good with the bad, sharding goes against that sentiment in the worst way.
    are the "true fans" of classic also willing to play at 10 fps on 4:3 and gear their character completely wrong? lmao

honestly, jog on. gate keeping classic wow is pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Did u stop an think "maybe this is an unfinished thing and not how the final product will be like"

Im guessing that the demo is the live game, but "trimmed" down and certain pieces are still left behind.

Some of u classic fanatic are just looking for excuses to be upset over MINOR things, i hope that some day adults will act like adults.
    NO! We must be outraged.

AAAHHHH OUTRAGGGEEEEEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    So far: WOTLK Running Animations, New attack animations, Legion Raidframes/Readycheck/groundmarkers,!!! NEW custom +1critical hit items below 20 W.T.F. !!!, New Font, Auto Loot, New UI features such as greying out items u cant afford, !!! NEW CLASS SKILLS (SPECC SKILLS IN WEAPONSSKILLS TAB) WHAT THE ACTUAL FCK!!!, on lootoptions saying "main specc " in chat after looting
    wtf is that

are the "true fans" of classic also willing to play at 10 fps on 4:3 and gear their character completely wrong? lmao

honestly, jog on. gate keeping classic wow is pathetic.
    How far are you willing to go bud? Where is the line you draw?

You are wholly unable to fathom there can be no arbiters in WoW classic, sharding is not only one of the worst things that classic can have for obvious reasons, it opens the door for more terrible decisions by blizzard inc. No changes truly is the only way blizzard is going to pull this off successfully, the surprising part is they apparently dont understand this yet.

How far are you willing to go bud? Where is the line you draw?

You are wholly unable to fathom there can be no arbiters in WoW classic, sharding is not only one of the worst things that classic can have for obvious reasons, it opens the door for more terrible decisions by blizzard inc. No changes truly is the only way blizzard is going to pull this off successfully, the surprising part is they apparently dont understand this yet.
    why is sharding a bad idea?

also, if you want a true vanilla experience i'm sorry but that's not gonna happen. knowledge alone stops "the true vanilla feeling" being brought back.

It's almost like you guys never played a demo before.

why is sharding a bad idea?

also, if you want a true vanilla experience i'm sorry but that's not gonna happen. knowledge alone stops "the true vanilla feeling" being brought back.
    Im not a nostalgia addict, i genuinely preferred the vanilla>wrath era. People who are trying to relive a time in their past are playing classic for the wrong reasons.

And i linked a post earlier from a guy that summed up why sharding is a bad idea, better than i ever could:

we dont want sharding. any form of it...

we want that clutter.
    that choak to log in.
    a chat channel moving faster than the ticker tap.
    that fight over every npc.

those elements are what made our servers communities and not just dead space on a piece of hardware.

sharding detracts from the living breathing virtual worlds that were created in servers.

the "hive mind" of the player base has to control the parameters that dictate server growth. That's a critical difference between the game today, and blizzard has to accept it.

otherwise they will never deliver an experience that's on par with the original game releases.

Im not a nostalgia addict, i genuinely preferred the vanilla>wrath era. People who are trying to relive a time in their past are playing classic for the wrong reasons.

And i linked a post earlier from a guy that summed up why sharding is a bad idea, better than i ever could:
    yea well that poster is able to create that experience him/herself without having to impact 500-600 other players negatively.

imagine being so self-centred that you think you have the right to negatively impact 500-600 other people for your own delusional fantasies. only a true NA brain could be so selfish lmao

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Called it!

What do I get, boys?
    Who didn't expect that to happen, though? Everyone had their own definition of what Classic was. There was no way people were going to be pleased with the outcome no matter what. People had already started losing their shit when they announced what Classic patch it would be based on because they wanted an even earlier version of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    *sharding

FFS can people get this shit right.....
    Whatever, a technicality. What is true though that as of right now (demo or not) there is some form of technology at play that takes you out of the setting of what you were doing in the open world and moves you to something else. There. Better?
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Some people here...

Sharding will give you a much more Vanilla like experience, because if they cap it at the right amount, zones will have roughly as many players as they had in Vanilla instead of 5 times as much... So you should support sharding for the TRUE Vanilla experience

Sharding allows much faster progress because players won't have to compete for slow quests; everyone will have more gold and resources from the start, so it'll affect feature server economy as well. There are legitimate reasons to dislike sharding. For me, personally, it doesn't matter that much as long as sharding is disabled for the most of the game. First levels are not very exciting for me and I hope to skip all the rush at all. But it seems to matter for a lot of people.
    There are definetely good reasons to dislike sharding. I don't like sharding, I just think it's the lesser evil compared to crashed servers IF they tune it right to avoid all of the problems you mentioned.
    As in: Much more players in one shard than on live (so that you have about as many players around as you had during vanillas launch), only for the first zones (1-20 maybe?) and only for a limited time (7 days or so?).

If they go much further than that, I guess I'm joining the rioters
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."