Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thediceman View Post
    We need to hear it from him, if that's the case then THIS needs to get out. I have no tolerance for that kind of BS.
    He wasn't kicked out. He even posted images after he asked his question of him still inside the convention. Him being kicked out was just your typical internet rumor that spread.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Has anyone covered it though? I cant find a single recap or summary anywhere from it. Given it ended a good chunk of time ago I thought I'd of seen some crop up by now
    Not even https://www.diablofans.com/ has covered it, and that community has been hardcore fans for a long time.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Now that I don't think so. I don't think they will repeat the mistake they made with D3 and I don't think they will do game-effecting MTs in a D4.

Note I said "game effecting". If they do MT's I highly suspect it would be transmogs and the like. Which would still be shitty. Just a bit less-so.
    D3 ended support because of lack of income (what else?), meaning D4 will want steady income somehow. Main competitor does MTX without it being P2W or overly invasive. They're going to learn from them.
    Has anyone covered it though? I cant find a single recap or summary anywhere from it. Given it ended a good chunk of time ago I thought I'd of seen some crop up by now
    I haven't found anything either, there used to be a site that covered diablo news (https://www.diablofans.com/) but it doesn't have a recap either.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    They have basically nothing to show for this Blizzcon. The only "new" things coming are a remaster of an existing game and the excrement mobile game.
    Bethesda had NOTHING to show when they announced "The Elder Scrolls: Blades" other than this

And it was ENOUGH to not get chewed out by the people

10+ Year Old Account
    So you would risk losing your job, and likely any future career in the field that you spent a HUGE portion of your life working towards?

I highly doubt it. It would be utter career suicide to just walk off like you wanted them to.
    Move to a country where firing someone for such a thing would be against the law.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

So you would risk losing your job, and likely any future career in the field that you spent a HUGE portion of your life working towards?

I highly doubt it. It would be utter career suicide to just walk off like you wanted them to.
    I already did it once. Inquest was a corrupt cesspit of positive review hand-jobs and any negativity got you booted immediately.

Edit: Also one of the main reasons it's deader than Blizzards credibility.

2/3 of the panel was their doing a very slow recap of the lore and classes.

-The crow only cheer when they say "there still more diablo projects on the way"
    -One guy apologies for the "is a joke?" question guy.
    -They dont know the business model yet.
    -Gems, runes and legendary items will be in the game.

Thats pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Of course they won't be tolerant of it. Like the guy who asked if the reveal was an aprils fool joke - I've heard from multiple sources that he was actually thrown out of the convention for doing so.

Absolute respect to the guy for sacrificing his ticket on behalf of the community, I am grateful to him, and I hope to see more people ask the questions that blizzard needs to hear.
    He was not thrown out at all. You can even talk to him directly on /r/Diablo. He even got a AMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    D3 ended support because of lack of income (what else?), meaning D4 will want steady income somehow. Main competitor does MTX without it being P2W or overly invasive. They're going to learn from them.

I haven't found anything either, there used to be a site that covered diablo news (https://www.diablofans.com/) but it doesn't have a recap either.
    Main competitor is also a F2P game, so if they do a standard model of us paying a base-price to PLAY the game to begin with, they CANNOT follow that competitors model.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Of course they won't be tolerant of it. Like the guy who asked if the reveal was an aprils fool joke - I've heard from multiple sources that he was actually thrown out of the convention for doing so.

Absolute respect to the guy for sacrificing his ticket on behalf of the community, I am grateful to him, and I hope to see more people ask the questions that blizzard needs to hear.
    No he wasn't
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm..._immortal_ama/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    He was not thrown out at all. You can even talk to him directly on /r/Diablo. He even got a AMA.
    I know I properly could find this thread if I searched hard and long, no pun intended but could you share i would love to read his opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Move to a country where firing someone for such a thing would be against the law.
    It's the US, everything is against the law. I doubt anyone can threaten you with firing if you don't go on stage and not risk losing their job in return.....

Quote Originally Posted by thediceman View Post
    I already did it once. Inquest was a corrupt cesspit of positive review hand-jobs and any negativity got you booted immediately.
    Never heard of them. But I guarantee a vast majority of people know Activision over Inquest. And having them basically blacklist you for walking out on the job would not be a good thing for your career.

Found one: https://massivelyop.com/2018/11/03/b...-and-qa-recap/

Main competitor is also a F2P game, so if they do a standard model of us paying a base-price to PLAY the game to begin with, they CANNOT follow that competitors model.
    If they will try to put a frontloaded price on a reskinned freemium game, it will be the most glorious diarrhea supercell in gaming history

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    They blacklisted him from asking questions at other panels, though.

Deleted
    Never heard of them. But I guarantee a vast majority of people know Activision over Inquest. And having them basically blacklist you for walking out on the job would not be a good thing for your career.
    Do you realize how much bad publicity they would get if word got out that a senior fucking designer got fired for that reason? I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    I know I properly could find this thread if I searched hard and long, no pun intended but could you share i would love to read his opinion.
    Here you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    If they will try to put a frontloaded price on a reskinned freemium game, it will be the most glorious diarrhea supercell in gaming history
    The quote you are replying to was in reference to a hypothetical Diablo 4 having Microtranscations, not Diablo Immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Curse site for all things Diablo is https://www.diablofans.com/

And no, the guy who asked the question was NOT kicked out. There's links in this thread to his reddit thread and other things.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-11-04 at 02:00 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."