Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Here's a TLDR: This years Blizzard clearly affirmed that they don't care about doing new and solid games and prefer rereleasing what the good people that aren't in the company anymore have done in the past, or just ask third party chinese mobile company to spew cashgrab reskin for them.

Ho, and they also confirmed for the two in the back who were still not sure, that they are indeed clearly under SJW control now, with everyone wearing rainbow blizzard pins, selling a pet to give money to feminist association and the release of 2 female heroes for their games.

This year Blizzard died in my heart.
    That's what bothers you? Really? After such a disappointing Blizzcon one of your main takeaways from it is how awful the company is because they tried to raise money for a feminist association, wore rainbow colored pins, and added female heroes to games??

Here's a TLDR: This years Blizzard clearly affirmed that they don't care about doing new and solid games and prefer rereleasing what the good people that aren't in the company anymore have done in the past, or just ask third party chinese mobile company to spew cashgrab reskin for them.

Ho, and they also confirmed for the two in the back who were still not sure, that they are indeed clearly under SJW control now, with everyone wearing rainbow blizzard pins, selling a pet to give money to feminist association and the release of 2 female heroes for their games.

This year Blizzard died in my heart.
    Ermergerd a female hero for Overwatch and HoTS ermergerd SJW FEMINISM... oh wait... female heroes in Blizzard games is nothing new.... I know I can not wait to play Ashe for sure.

And rainbow pins... I did not even notice that, I guess I was too busy looking at the content.... But yea... let's not critisize the content but on how Blizz is being "SJW" Heck I bet that because of your mouth foaming raging you didn't even hear Code.org is in essence not feminist but to try and get more "minority" representatation in the coding business. *shrug* I do not see anything bad about that but eh.

These forums sometimes...

Anyway back to the content of Blizzcon... the Diablo mobile game just... well... sigh. I do understand there is a huge business to be had on the mobile games market, but using Blizzcon as the only "big" announcement for Diablo only to announce a mobile game is just painful. So far I know no one who is a fan of Diablo wanting a mobile version of the game. With the disaster and later damage control of Diablo III in mind this is a huge disappointment for the Diablo community for sure.

WoW... well... eh... I think I am starting to become burned out with that game anyway. The Warcraft III remaster even though I will buy it, it's not something which is a big huzzah factor for me.

In short this Blizzcon has been a major disappointment for me.
    Last edited by The King in Yellow; 2018-11-04 at 04:25 PM.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Idk how they can be so out of touch with reality atm.

They shit on alliance again with a joke when there is currently a perceived bias atm against them for the shit mounts, the warfront crap, etc...

And they also try tossing out a mobile game without at least announcing a new expansion for D3. Do they not know their fans either want a new expansion or D4? At least Bethesda was smart enough to release a quick teaser for Elder Scrolls 6 when they told everyone they were going to make The Elder Scrolls: Blades. Hell ES6 probably wont be out for 5+ years and yet they chose to officially announce it since they knew people would be pissed about not getting a "real game" anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahadev View Post
    That's what bothers you? Really? After such a disappointing Blizzcon one of your main takeaways from it is how awful the company is because they tried to raise money for a feminist association, wore rainbow colored pins, and added female heroes to games??
    Nice try buddy, but if you stop your keyboard smashing just a sec to actually pay attention to what I wrote, I clearly put that stuff AFTER the most important part. And even if it's way less important than the first part, it's still something worth mentioning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    Ermergerd a female hero for Overwatch and HoTS ermergerd SJW FEMINISM... oh wait... female heroes in Blizzard games is nothing new.... I know I can not wait to play Ashe for sure.
    Yeah, let's pretend there isn't an OVERWELMING amount of female character suddenly poping up in all blizzard games recently, that would go against your lil narative there.

And rainbow pins... I did not even notice that, I guess I was too busy looking at the content....
    "the content"... lul.
    Ho yeah SO MUCH CONTENT! I mean that insane amount of content totlly shot down my eyes when there was only one dude on the stage talking, I couldn't possibly pay attention to anything else!

Give me a break.

But yea... let's not critisize the content but on how Blizz is being "SJW" Heck I bet that because of your mouth foaming raging you didn't even hear Code.org is in essence not feminist but to try and get more "minority" representatation in the coding business. *shrug* I do not see anything bad about that but eh.

These forums sometimes...
    Funny how all the NPC have the exact same retorique... well that's kind of the point of NPC I guess.
    But sure buddy, just do like the previous NPC that got triggered by that particular bit of my post, and ignore the rest!

Nice try buddy, but if you stop your keyboard smashing just a sec to actually pay attention to what I wrote, I clearly put that stuff AFTER the most important part. And even if it's way less important than the first part, it's still something worth mentioning.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, let's pretend there isn't an OVERWELMING amount of female character suddenly poping up in all blizzard games recently, that would go against your lil narative there.

"the content"... lul.
    Ho yeah SO MUCH CONTENT! I mean that insane amount of content totlly shot down my eyes when there was only one dude on the stage talking, I couldn't possibly pay attention to anything else!

Give me a break.

Funny how all the NPC have the exact same retorique... well that's kind of the point of NPC I guess.
    But sure buddy, just do like the previous NPC that got triggered by that particular bit of my post, and ignore the rest!
    Funny how you seem to do the exact thing of what you are accusing me of: ignoring the rest of what I wrote.

But well done at proving you are just raging about something completely irrelevant, complete with the "ermergerd you're an NPC" thing just proving exactly how irrelevant you are.

And let's see OVERWHELMING AMOUNT of "female characters" "suddenly" popping up in Blizzard games..... The last female character released in HoTS was in August. For Overwatch it was March.... You were saying?

Now with WoW: it's the way the absolute trainwreck of the story is going. (Or maybe it's because of the utterly obnoxious Sylvanas fanboyism who want her as their corpse bride?) Then again, taking the current events with WoW seriously... ha

But hey, keep calling everyone whom has a different opinion than you have an "NPC" (Which hilariously I even had to look up as everyone seem to sling said "insult" around nowadays to everyone they disagree with and can not hold a civil or actual relevant discussion with) and show the world just how "valid" your opinion is.

Heck somehow I am starting to think the words "NPC" and "SJW" are words mainly used by people who just need to press their opinions down everyone's throat as if they are facts and no one else in the world is allowed to have a different opinion.

But one thing is for sure, I will be supporting their new charity. Because as an immigrant myself, I was at a large disadvantage when it came to making a living for myself here; something which I hope the next generation won't have to endure.
    Last edited by The King in Yellow; 2018-11-04 at 04:51 PM.

Or you could read what I wrote? You had 2 main points. The first I agreed with. The second point I completely disagree on. That's why I said ONE of your main takeaways was about this SJW nonsense.

Funny how you seem to do the exact thing of what you are accusing me of: ignoring the rest of what I wrote.
    How so exactly? I quote each relevant part of your post (ie the one actually directed toward me) and responded to them.

But well done at proving you are just raging about something completely irrelevant, complete with the "ermergerd you're an NPC" thing just proving exactly how irrelevant you are.
    Yup, standard NPC tactic, use low grade ad hominem. You even used the standard "u mad bro" people like you love to use!

And let's see OVERWHELMING AMOUNT of "female characters" "suddenly" popping up in Blizzard games..... The last female character released in HoTS was in August. For Overwatch it was March.... You were saying?
    Ho yeah, let's ignore how ALL the allied race leaders introduced in WoW are female, same for the three "warbringers" (each factions even had to face a matriarchal enemy faction in BfA!), or how the overwhelming number of the side character introduced recently in wow are women, the "strong waman that need to man" type to be precise. Let's also ignore how the majority of post release Ow characters are females!

Now with WoW: it's the way the absolute trainwreck of the story is going. (Or maybe it's because of the utterly obnoxious Sylvanas fanboyism who want her as their corpse bride?) Then again, taking the current events with WoW seriously... ha
    Yeaaaah, let's pretend Sylv is the only one there (when she's probably the only one that isn't the problem there) and just handwave it, because, again, it doesn't fit you nice narrative

But hey, keep calling everyone whom has a different opinion than you have an "NPC" (Which hilariously I even had to look up as everyone seem to sling said "insult" around nowadays to everyone they disagree with and can not hold a civil or actual relevant discussion with) and show the world just how "valid" your opinion is.
    HAHAH, dat guy!
    "Hey I'll keep painting you as someone who "rage" but I totally have the morale highground there!
    But don't worry, I'll keep calling people like you, who got easily trigered and feel the hurge to white knight as soon as people express an antifeminist opinion, NPC, because that's what you are, extremely predictable.

Heck somehow I am starting to think the words "NPC" and "SJW" are words mainly used by people who just need to press their opinions down everyone's throat as if they are facts and no one else in the world is allowed to have a different opinion.
    Again, I dishonesty and lack of self awareness at display is just baffling. YOU are the one that got extremely triggered by my passing by comment about feminism and his now trying to attack me for my opinion, not the other way around. You really should take a second a look at yourself because calling others out.

But one thing is for sure, I will be supporting their new charity. Because as an immigrant myself, I was at a large disadvantage when it came to making a living for myself here; something which I hope the next generation won't have to endure.
    You realize that this charity isn't for immigrants, right? It's specifically for girls, because apparently lil boys don't deserve any help!

- - - Updated - - -

Or you could read what I wrote? You had 2 main points. The first I agreed with. The second point I completely disagree on. That's why I said ONE of your main takeaways was about this SJW nonsense.
    Again, that was never "one of my main points", it was a secondary thing I added after the main point.
    But hey, if you STILL can't see the obvious writting on the wall (I haven't even talked about the "diversity" booth at blizzcon this year, or their multiple "woman of blizzard" panel they keep doing in and out of blizzcon), then I can't help you.

How so exactly? I quote each relevant part of your post (ie the one actually directed toward me) and responded to them.

Yup, standard NPC tactic, use low grade ad hominem. You even used the standard "u mad bro" people like you love to use!

Ho yeah, let's ignore how ALL the allied race leaders introduced in WoW are female, same for the three "warbringers" (each factions even had to face a matriarchal enemy faction in BfA!), or how the overwhelming number of the side character introduced recently in wow are women, the "strong waman that need to man" type to be precise. Let's also ignore how the majority of post release Ow characters are females!

Yeaaaah, let's pretend Sylv is the only one there (when she's probably the only one that isn't the problem there) and just handwave it, because, again, it doesn't fit you nice narrative

HAHAH, dat guy!
    "Hey I'll keep painting you as someone who "rage" but I totally have the morale highground there!
    But don't worry, I'll keep calling people like you, who got easily trigered and feel the hurge to white knight as soon as people express an antifeminist opinion, NPC, because that's what you are, extremely predictable.

Again, I dishonesty and lack of self awareness at display is just baffling. YOU are the one that got extremely triggered by my passing by comment about feminism and his now trying to attack me for my opinion, not the other way around. You really should take a second a look at yourself because calling others out.

You realize that this charity isn't for immigrants, right? It's specifically for girls, because apparently lil boys don't deserve any help!
    "Code.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities"

Well done

Ah yes and with all your points, let's pretend Azshara was never a STRONG lore character, and let's pretend Jaina Proudmore never was a strong lore character but this "suddenly" happened.

Meanwhile the leader of most allied races.. let's see which ones have a female leader: Void Elves and Nightborne. Moira Thaurissan, which has been a part of the main Dwarven lore for a loooong time now not to mention a regentess, which means her power might be next to zero soon, I guess you forgot that too. And eventually the Dwarves are still ruled by the Hammer Council (Council of hammers?) if I recall correctly so, again. And like I said; the WoW lore does not interest me anymore right now as it is an absolute trainwreck.

Now let's see Heroes of The Storm: more male heroes than female.

OVerwatch: More male heroes than female... although it's almost 50/50

And hilariously you keep calling me triggered... but erm... You might want to read what you write, also in replies to other people who also replied to your ENTIRE post.. but you seem to ignore the fact that people react to both points in your post and just keep going off and completely seem to foam mouth at "ERMERGERD U R ALL SJW NPC FEMINISTS"

But hey keep the people like you and You people up against people who are not even remotely close to what you accuse them of being... But then again, looking at your post history it's not surprising.
    Last edited by The King in Yellow; 2018-11-04 at 05:43 PM.

For some, feminism means anti-male. Modern feminism is not about equality. It's about women's rights. Those two are not the same thing.
    People who have been wronged by women (e.g. children and custody issues, lied about rape, etc.) will likely take this as a personal attack to them because this can be viewed as "picking sides". So for some a life ruining thing is more important than their favorite game franchise betraying them.

Just trying to clarify what the other person might be thinking. I'm not that person though.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    For some, feminism means anti-male. Modern feminism is not about equality. It's about women's rights. Those two are not the same thing.
    People who have been wronged by women (e.g. children and custody issues, lied about rape, etc.) will likely take this as a personal attack to them because this can be viewed as "picking sides". So for some a life ruining thing is more important than their favorite game franchise betraying them.

Just trying to clarify what the other person might be thinking. I'm not that person though.
    And remember, if you do disagree with either sides; you will be put in the side they disagree mostly with because they are just angry at the world because the world is not exactly as they want it to be. and or agrees with their far-fetched opinion.

Heck I think this is the first year I am actually considering to stop playing all Blizzard games aside from Overwatch because of Blizzcon this year to be fair. The entire show has just been a major disappointment and well Diablo... well let's not talk about that because there is nothing good to be said there.

As I said before the Warcraft III reveal gave me a bit of a "wooo" feeling but left mostly underwhelmed by the rest of the announcements and panels.
    Last edited by The King in Yellow; 2018-11-04 at 05:51 PM.

And remember, if you do disagree with either sides; you will be put in the side they disagree mostly with because they are just angry at the world because the world is not exactly as they want it to be. and or agrees with their far-fetched opinion.

Heck I think this is the first year I am actually considering to stop playing all Blizzard games aside from Overwatch because of Blizzcon this year to be fair. The entire show has just been a major disappointment and well Diablo... well let's not talk about that because there is nothing good to be said there.

As I said before the Warcraft III reveal gave me a bit of a "wooo" feeling but left mostly underwhelmed by the rest of the announcements and panels.
    Sometimes it's not just opinion -- it's experience. But life is nuanced and complicated. For instance, while there are fewer women in programming (and such) there are more women college graduates. These are complex problems that simple solutions won't fix.
    Women have been hurt by men. Men have been hurt by women. I could tell you my perceptions (of which I'm quite passionate) but they aren't relevant here.
    Honestly I was doing to donate to code.org until, in this thread, I found they discriminate in favor of minorities and women. Also the pet isn't as cool as alcohol pupper from yonder year.

Perhaps I should change my Amazon donation as well. I'll worry about that later (I'll probably forget).

I'm considering WC3.

I, too, have been considering stopping Blizzard games but I've also considered pulling back my gaming entirely. WoW doesn't appeal to me like it used to. Flying is in 8.2 (edit: Yes, flying IS that big of a deal to me). I didn't realize how I felt so strongly about some things being on the GCD but it bothers me more than I realized.

Maybe I should be more productive in life and less on games. Maybe less on MMO-C and social chit chatty.

I'm uncertain. I have some programming projects I've been dragging my feet on. Perhaps I need to shrug off this laziness haze and get off my ass. Maybe them tanking Diablo and 8.1 WoW being meh is my sign.

"Code.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities"

Well done
    Yup, and as Blizzard themselves put it, it's mainly women, so yeah. Well done indeed.

Ah yes and with all your points, let's pretend Azshara was never a STRONG lore character, and let's pretend Jaina Proudmore never was a strong lore character but this "suddenly" happened.
    Ho yeah, let's pretend that's what I said. But over there, in reality land where I didn't you'll realize that SURE these characters (the 3 warbringers) are oldshool characters, but when you put the fact that they all got the spotlight at the same time,

Meanwhile the leader of most allied races.. let's see which ones have a female leader: Void Elves and Nightborne. Moira Thaurissan, which has been a part of the main Dwarven lore for a loooong time now, I guess you forgot that too.
    Are you for real now? Why did you left out the rest of the races?
    Why didn't you talked about Captain Fareeya the leader of the Lightforged?
    Or Mayla Highmountain the leader of the Highmountains?
    Or Geya'rah the leader of the Magar?
    Or Lady Proudmore (pick the one you want) leader of Kulthiras?
    Or Talenji, the VERY SOON to be leader of the Zandalaris?

I guess having to admit that I was right there and that all the allied race have a female leader.

Now let's see Heroes of The Storm: more male heroes than female.
    (gotha love the "Now let's see ..." as if you had made a point with wow...
    And yeah, OF COURSE Hots has more male than females, because the lore always had more male than female characters.

OVerwatch: More male heroes than female... although it's almost 50/50
    Again, gota love how you carefully ignore my point about "post release" that was there to point out how blizzard released mainly female character after release in a deseperate attempt to reach 50/50, because otherwise they could be called sexist!

But hey keep the people like you and You people up against people who are not even remotely close to what you accuse them of being... But then again, looking at your post history it's not surprising.
    Yeah suuuure buddy

Let's pretend you aren't triggered by my antifeminist comment and had to whiteknight like a predicatable NPC!
    (also, loved that "looking at your post history", it clearly shows you don't care XD. The funniest part is that that bit is a standard NPC script too, so thanks for proving my point : )

Blizzard deleted the Diablo Immortal trailer and reuploaded it because of 300k dislikes LUL. They made it worse.

Heh I hear you there and man the alcohol pupper... still one of my favourites. And yes WoW doesn't seem to have the splendor it used to have anymore. Heck even prefering Elite: Dangerous or Black Desert all night above a WoW all-nighter is pretty telling in my opinion. But who knows, Blizzard might better their ways with all the critique they are getting right now.

Heck the reception of Diablo Immortal has even been on the news here, which barely even covers anything game related.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Modern feminsim (ie third wave feminism) is ABSOLUTELY about anti-male and a power grab move. Fighting for equality and woman right is what old shool (ie first and second wave feminism) was about. Don't mix these two things up.

The only reasons why third wave feminism keep being tolerated is because most people, like you, keep mistaking them for the previous generation feminist.

Here is my thoughts on Blizzcon 2018.
    WEAK!!!
    Weaker than fart filled air
    There is no great reveals for anything really
    added a toon to overwatch and a co-op commander to SCII
    and what...? just a lot of chatter on how to create worlds in wow, umm, anyone interested in that can see in youtube how 3d worlds are made
    its nothing new or interesting.

Blizzcon use to mean something BIG, Dramatic, AWESOME!!!
    Now its nothing more than whats released on gamescon or any other E3 or whatever...its nothing major

and for THIS we are to pay extra money??? For what??? Ingame loot thats maybe worth 10 Euro, and the ability to watch game makers
    hug and congratulate each other....

and don't get me started on the guy coming to the stage screaming HORDE and ALLIANCE.....he should crawl back to whatever cave he came from.

Surely we missed the great names of Blizzcon like chris metzen delivering the feel of Blizzcon, that other guy looked scared to be on stage
    and lacked charisma to even light a candle...

NO, to me this Blizzcon was weaker than World Wide Invitational 2008 (that I attended) at least there cam some news (Diablo 3)
    here, came an poor excuse of an attempt to do Blizzcon, I stopped watching after 3 hrs into how world of warcraft and classic was made
    after that its all just waste of my time.

Blizzcon should be the crown jewel of Blizzard and bring out awesomeness, not this watered down poor attempt to do....Nothing?

Nothing new, not even a map new for SCII only a poor little co-op commander that they spent maybe a month or two developing
    World of Warcraft? what was new, they already released in messages prior to Blizzcon basically everything that will occur.

FPS rules again and gets all the shine...it is obvious where Blizzard puts its money, thats in FPS and the rest suffers.

The big features are remake of classic and WC3. Remakes. Of old games. Tells everything.

its just boring. They should focus all theyre time and energy on moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Spearhawk View Post
    and for THIS we are to pay extra money??? For what??? Ingame loot thats maybe worth 10 Euro, and the ability to watch game makers
    hug and congratulate each other....
    That's one is the cherry on the cake. +25% on the vitual ticket price tag, and we got a blizzcon that was the worst ever.

Think it’s hilarious how many people say it’s the worst Blizzcon ever. Why? Diablo was the only announcement that let people down. Is that seriously enough for people to jump on the bandwagon of hate?
    Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying every other aspect was amazing, but every other Blizzcon does this. They discuss current games and upcoming changes or future patches being worked on, and the other year they usually reveal the next big xpac for WoW.
    From everything I saw revealed, Blizz pretty much did what they always do. Overwatch and WoW delivered what I thought they would: new characters for OW and future changes coming for WoW. Hearthstone and HotS I don’t really follow, but even they had new reveals. Seriously, the only negative thing I’ve heard has been about D3 making a mobil app. That’s not Blizz’s fault people got their hopes up for something they never knew was coming, let alone an IP that has no where near the following it used to (note I didn’t say it’s unpopular).
    It just seems like the bandwagon thing to do is jump on board the bashing of Blizz for 1 bad announcement. Honestly, how many people saying “worst ever...” even gives 2 shits about Diablo? Everything else from what I’ve been seeing has been discussed by people with good views.

Modern feminsim (ie third wave feminism) is ABSOLUTELY about anti-male and a power grab move. Fighting for equality and woman right is what old shool (ie first and second wave feminism) was about. Don't mix these two things up.

The only reasons why third wave feminism keep being tolerated is because most people, like you, keep mistaking them for the previous generation feminist.
    I assume you haven't read what I've said. I've never said I mistook them as first or second wave feminism.
    You assume I'm not one of the "some people" in my own words where I say "Some people".
    You make several incorrect assumptions however this thread isn't about feminism and we're spiraling way off topic here.
    The topic was, initially, closely related because of why one wouldn't support code.org. It's only mildly about why we don't like modern feminism.

Perhaps we should get back on topic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Think it’s hilarious how many people say it’s the worst Blizzcon ever. Why? Diablo was the only announcement that let people down. Is that seriously enough for people to jump on the bandwagon of hate?
    Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying every other aspect was amazing, but every other Blizzcon does this. They discuss current games and upcoming changes or future patches being worked on, and the other year they usually reveal the next big xpac for WoW.
    From everything I saw revealed, Blizz pretty much did what they always do. Overwatch and WoW delivered what I thought they would: new characters for OW and future changes coming for WoW. Hearthstone and HotS I don’t really follow, but even they had new reveals. Seriously, the only negative thing I’ve heard has been about D3 making a mobil app. That’s not Blizz’s fault people got their hopes up for something they never knew was coming, let alone an IP that has no where near the following it used to (note I didn’t say it’s unpopular).
    It just seems like the bandwagon thing to do is jump on board the bashing of Blizz for 1 bad announcement. Honestly, how many people saying “worst ever...” even gives 2 shits about Diablo? Everything else from what I’ve been seeing has been discussed by people with good views.
    Ok, I'm just curious, which Blizzcon do you think is a worse Blizzcon than this?