Poll: With this announcement will you still play Classic?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wait, people actually thought this was going to be a thing?
    #NoChanges

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Wait, people actually thought this was going to be a thing?
    Exactly the same thing i thought when i first read the title of the thread. I NEVER expected that things will be transfered to live. This are 2 different games, why should they do this?

I mean... getting otherwise unobtainable xmogs was pretty much the only reason to even play vanilla a second time for me, so... that's out the window.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    yeah it will happen but those people won't be able to take the shit they steal and just go back to retail and not be held accountable for what they've done. with classic being separate (and with no xrealms) that means your reputation will matter and when words gets out that you're a thief or unreliable people will not want to group with you, that's how it was in vanilla
    Doesn't matter, ninja looting was rampant in vanilla when it wasn't even an issue just because masterloot existed. And it will exist again.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So... That's the nail in the coffin for me. I'd go back and work if it meant I could work on unobtainable items for Retail but... yeah

Anyone else just lost interest?
    What rare unobtainable items did you want to farm up?

Or are you just assuming there's something actually juicy? Spoiler alert: Besides Ashbringer, it's all ugly garbage.

People should play classic because they want to play classic, not because they feel compelled to complete some stupid transmog on modern wow. Great way to sift out potential toxicity imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Deleted
    You really understate the lenghts collectors would go for a rare mount or transmog piece.

Collectors would ruin your classic experience.

I mean...duh ofc it wouldnt...

Transferring items between the two versions of the game would have been a horrible idea. There should be items in the game that contain a certain sense of prestige to them, and making Zulian Tiger mounts or Corrupted Ashbringers available in 2019 would have ruined that. I don’t have a whole lot of stuff from Vanilla, and I’m fine with that.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I would want is the bloodletter and servo arm. Would have kept those items in the bank if I knew they would be unobtainable in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Pretty much true on the entitled part, even more so when you read how the OP goes "this is the last nail in the coffin" for them because of this, it is definitely one of those facepalm moments to be sure..

- - - Updated - - -

The amount of entitlement in the OP is over 9000 to be sure..
    This confuses me. How is saying "This game doesn't have what I wanted so I'm not going to play it" entitlement? Hes not saying the items would be given to him for just logging in and making a character. He'd still be raiding old naxx (Which from my understanding is EXCEPTIONALLY difficult) to get that 1 piece of T3 he doesn't have or a weapon look?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes i will still play, but i had hoped it would be in.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Lol you must have been high if you ever believed that classic and live would ever be linked in any way besides blizzard's sub number sheet.

I'll play, but it might limit my involvement in playing. I was sincerely hoping to be able to unlock at least appearances and mounts from Classic -> Modern. I still regret stuff that I tossed for bag space reasons over the years that I will never be able to get back. I'll play it again, but if it's just a static self-contained game I will probably only play occasionally for nostalgia. If I could send appearances/mounts/pets over to Modern WoW it would increase the amount I played BOTH games because I would be invested in finding those items that I threw away or never got (see: ZG Tiger).

I don't want to see any sign of transmog or anything else IN Classic itself, but I don't understand why it would be so wrong to have some sort of account-wide toggle sent over to Modern WoW about stuff you unlocked, just like they do pet/mount and appearance sharing between multiple WoW accounts under one Battle.net account.

I am super against Achievements in Classic or unlocking Legacy Achievements (some Vanilla achievements were added in BC) -> Modern though... those should stay a part of the legacy.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you need an announcement to know that items won't be shared between two completely different games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Did you fucking expected an easy way to get a black quiraji??? LOL
    How many servers will open? Because I don't think it'll be that easy to get a black quiraji mount. I'd say only a bunch of players will get their hands on that mount.

If I remember correctly, only those you can ring the gong for a couple of hours after the first player will be able to get it. And I don't think people will organize/wait for tons of players get it. It'll be unique in those servers that mount.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Poll is incomplete. What about the option for "wasn't going to play at all"?

It was clear it won't be like that, but this would have be the only reason i could imagine to play that again.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yep that was the final line crossed for me as well. There are so freaking many items for transmog that were lost over the years. So many incomplete armor sets. Unique weapons and armor. I don't give two shits if transmog itself isn't unlocked in Classic, that doesn't bother me, but the items you obtain should at least populate your transmog system for modern/live.

All this tells me is one of two things: Either the systems are completely incompatible/different hardware, or they're catering to special snowflakes. Based on what I've seen, I'm gonna go with the snowflake option.
    Special snowflake ahhh the baddie argument that has taken over retail wow. Some people want to play a game were there are exclusive rewards for people that complete the content. Turning wow into a transmog fashion show collection game is what has ruined retail. Classic is not for you plain and simple. So kindly stay away and enjoy retail and the crap show it has become.Two completely diffrent games with no connection what so ever! Retail is for scrubs that refuse to learn the game and want everything that the players who earned it have and classic are for the players of the game not the collectors. I will be looking like a "special snowflake" in classic where your player type will no longer be catered to. Thank you blizzard and thank you god!
    Last edited by cjmilla413; 2019-04-23 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So... That's the nail in the coffin for me. I'd go back and work if it meant I could work on unobtainable items for Retail but... yeah

Anyone else just lost interest?
    Thank God for that. No offence but people like you would be just annoying as hell (with the sec they get that one item they vanish from a raiding guild, crying that 'its the last item they need for xmog in retail bla bla bla etc.) and better off without ya if that would be the only reason for you to play it.
    These two should remain separate (shared sub is enough).

For me - not impacting me at all and never hoped for that, quite the opposite and I think they made the right call (for reasons mentioned earlier). I played during Vanilla and got stuff like Swift Razashi Raptor etc. - these should remain unique in Retail as well.